How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-06-2012
V.I.P.

Congrats to Joan for scoring her first (or second depends on if you count Mercedes) OG campaign!

I don't like THIS image, it's not good at all. But YAY for a colored girl to get a OG campaign. That has been a while!!
I wouldn't be suprised if she is in something with Meisel to, but at least the rumour i've heard back then was right; at least two blue chip campaigns).

29-06-2012
fashion elite

IDK WTF to say right now. Like, I can't deal!!!!

29-06-2012
backstage pass

I think I died when I heard and then to actually see the image is beyond! Then to read about Karl gushing over her is surreal... Joan for #1!!!

29-06-2012
fashion elite

She should definitely be #1 now. She's had campaigns for Chanel, Gucci, Givenchy, Stella, Cavalli & now FENDI. Who else can say that they've had all these campaigns? And all in just 5 seasons? Seriously, she's the winner. No need to discuss this. Joan for #1!!!

29-06-2012
V.I.P.

^ Yes. It's rather laughable how people are trying to compare others of her generation to her, given how well she's done, particularly thus far in 2012.

I wonder if Meisel will give her an ad after all, possibly Lanvin?

29-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
She should definitely be #1 now. She's had campaigns for Chanel, Gucci, Givenchy, Stella, Cavalli & now FENDI. Who else can say that they've had all these campaigns? And all in just 5 seasons? Seriously, she's the winner. No need to discuss this. Joan for #1!!!
Yeah, only models from a different generation (Poly, Stone, Pivovarova etc.) b from this generation only Arizona (Prada, YSL, Isabel Marant, Fendi etc) and maybe Saskia (Chanel, Loewe, Givenchy). There are still campaigns that need to come out so I think mdc wait for that. I think she will be number one, if she can hold on this work at least one or two years..

I think Meisel will use her also in one of his campaigns.
@Fiercifaction: cause people will also count other seasons, where girls like Karlie and Arizona did get a lot of og covers and campaigns. Joan is one fire since 2012, while Arizona and Karlie where before that on fire.

Last edited by Forrest; 29-06-2012 at 09:31 AM.

29-06-2012
fashion elite

@Fiercification- No, probably not Lanvin. I'm thinking she'll get Roberto Cavalli, right? Regardless of all that, she's just so major. Black girls never do well for fall campaigns, & here she is landing Fendi & Givenchy. Can you imagine what she'll get for the spring season? I can't even fathom it........

29-06-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Only models from a different generation (Poly, Stone, Pivovarova etc.)
From this generation only Arizona (Prada, YSL, Isabel Marant, Fendi etc) and Saskia (Chanel, Loewe, Givenchy). There are still campaigns that need to come out so I think mdc wait for that. I think she will be number one, if she can hold on this work at least one or two years..
Natasha, Lara & Sasha haven't landed Cavalli or Chanel, but I understand what you're saying. I don't think they need to wait for her to be #1 much longer, though. None of the other girls are ready to take the top spot. Joan meets all the requirements now. I don't see the point of MDC waiting. I'd bet a little money that she'll repeat Fendi for the spring season.

Last edited by valliaddict; 29-06-2012 at 09:35 AM.

29-06-2012
V.I.P.

fashion is a bitch, so i guess mdc is very carefull with putting a new girl at one, they also made some weird updates (still no Elza though).
But it's time, joan, karlie and arziona (the 3 who got the most chance) are everywhere. Lara and Natasha needs to move!! I definitly think Joan will raise the most, and therefor deserves the spot.

29-06-2012
fashion elite

I love that she reads her own thread!!

29-06-2012
V.I.P.

This is so exciting....Joan is here to stay!!

29-06-2012
backstage pass

I'm so excited for her career and what she does next. It's like she surprises us each season with something we didn't see coming. Such a trooper! SUPERMODEL!!!!

29-06-2012
V.I.P.

fendi!!! yay!!!

29-06-2012
fashion elite

Givenchy F/W 12 by Mert & Marcus

satorialtwinsblog

Last edited by valliaddict; 29-06-2012 at 01:28 PM.

29-06-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaultier_Bandit View Post
She really has the modeling game on lock! Good Job Joan! This was so unexpected
Unexpected indeed!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, february, joan, june, smalls