Joan Smalls (June 2012 - February 2013) - Page 45 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-10-2012
V.I.P.

joan smalls by david roemer for glamour spain november 2012
stylist: monica oliver
make-up: renee garnes
hair: marcelino
Source: visualoptimism.blogspot.it

20-10-2012
backstage pass

Beautiful photos, especially the 2nd to last one. That one would look amazing as an Estee Lauder ad.

20-10-2012
fashion icon

The second to last could most definitely be an ad, though I prefer the 3rd to last with the purple lips, her face can handle strong make up, I'd love to see more of that from her.

20-10-2012
V.I.P.

MB Fashion Week in Moscow, Russia

valentineuhovski

She's obviously contractually obligated to go to these countries. It must be kinda annoying tbh . I'd rather be shooting campaigns or taking a break...........

21-10-2012
fashion elite

Totally agree. I think Stam had to do the same last season.
Posted via Mobile Device

21-10-2012
V.I.P.

Gucci Cruise Ad Campaign Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=A4tYq82gRbM

21-10-2012
V.I.P.

Estee Lauder Holiday

@ConstJablonski

21-10-2012
backstage pass

that is one of the most photoshopped things i have ever seen in my life, they all look horrible imo

21-10-2012
fashion elite

^I have to agree. Definitely looks off.

21-10-2012
backstage pass

hiring Joan Small to end up with that... frankly take any girl if you plan to completely change her face... it just don't even look like her

21-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
We’re willing to bet there probably aren’t two model friends working in the industry today sweeter or cooler than Joan Smalls and Karlie Kloss. The House of Style co-hosts popped up at the cocktail reception for Mario Testino’s first US exhibition “In Your Face” this week, and naturally I had to grab a few moments with them to chat about the new show, now that it has officially debuted, and what it’s like working with Testino.

Joan joked that she was “bummed” not to be in the exhibition but couldn’t stop talking about how much she enjoys working with Mario. She called him a “total gentleman,” sharing that he makes the woman feel comfortable and empowered, as well as reigniting a passion in his subjects through his own enthusiasm. “You have a good time, you feel like what you’re doing has some sort of importance, and it will be made history in some sort of way,” said Joan of working with the legendary photographer. Karlie also gushed about working with Testino, saying, “Wherever he is, that’s where the party is, believe me.”

Oh, and about that now-infamous House of Style confession by Joan, who shared that she wore multiple pairs of tube socks growing up to make her legs look bigger? Totally true – and totally embarrassing. “Ohh no!” Joan laughed when I asked. “I knew that was going to haunt me for the rest of my life!” Despite feeling a little embarrassed, she’s glad she shared the story and hopes that other girls watching will know that everyone has awkward moments growing up – even models. “You learn with life that you always need to be confident in yourself and love yourself for who you are and other people will learn to love you,” said Joan.

And what’s next for House of Style? The girls are still filming in New York and elsewhere, but Karlie told us they’re still working on ideas for episodes. “If you have any ideas, we can brainstorm and you can help us out,” Karlie told me. “I’ll come bearing cookies!”

Karlie, consider this your open invite to the Fashionista offices! Bring Joan – we would make for a great House of Style episode!
fashionista

21-10-2012
V.I.P.

Joan looks almost unrecognizable in that Estee Lauder photo. Such a shame.. :\

21-10-2012
V.I.P.

These were my first thoughts when looking at this horrible ad. EL is probably the worst offender with photoshopping. And don't even get me started on the old lady styling..........

21-10-2012
fashion elite

That EL ad is mortifying.
Posted via Mobile Device

22-10-2012
backstage pass

Bahahaha WTF is that EL ad?!?!?!?! They PS the hell out of the girls and styled them in cheap looking Forever 21 clothes! EL is such a pretigious brand yet they insist on making their ads look like Walmart crap...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, february, joan, june, smalls