How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-12-2012
fashion insider

The B$&!%-ier the model the better

04-12-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceFashionista View Post
It is widely known how rude she is
Is it really widely known? And I'm genuinely asking, not trying to be snarky. The only thing I've ever heard about her being rude was something posted at Red Carpet Fashion Awards a long time ago, but I've never read/heard of any other accounts. If anything, people always say how nice she is.

04-12-2012
rising star

If anything, I've only heard stories about how nice and kind she's been to fans that have met her. If evidence of her supposed rudeness were to come up, then I would believe it, but until then, I'll be dismissive of her supposed "attitude" issues.

04-12-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrllaless View Post
Is it really widely known? And I'm genuinely asking, not trying to be snarky. The only thing I've ever heard about her being rude was something posted at Red Carpet Fashion Awards a long time ago, but I've never read/heard of any other accounts. If anything, people always say how nice she is.
the Which Model Have You Met In Person? thread has various stories...

04-12-2012
fashion insider

I've heard the bad things mentioned in that thread, but I've also heard lots of positive experiences from her fans from other sources, and comments on her pleasant demeanor and kind nature in interviews and from colleagues etc.

Who's to say which is right or wrong? Everyone has good and bad days and no-one is perfect, just because a fan has had a bad experience doesn't make Joan a bad person, just the same as a model who is always 'polite' to her fans may have aspects about her personality that are equally as undesirable, just perhaps better hidden. You only get a snapshot of a person meeting them in the street outside of a show, and there could be a myriad of circumstances why a model may react badly when asked for a photograph etc. I find it premature to determine Joan's personality based of such limited interaction, especially if that info is really just hearsay coming from sources other than your own firsthand experience with the woman.

All this personality talk just seems like a whole lot of 'he said, she said' in my opinion, from both sides of the debate, nothing is conclusive in either case. What's the point?

Anyway, back to Joan's modelling career:

Quote:
With my @esteelauder girls today @LiuWenLW & @AMuseMe_Now. Love them!
twitter / @joansmalls

04-12-2012
tfs star

^I saw that tweet. She and Liu look adorable, but when did Arizona get with Estee Lauder?

04-12-2012
fashion insider

^ They certainly do! And I think Arizona was signed around March this year, but I'm not sure if any of her work for the brand has been released yet. There's been a few pics of her shooting though, with Joan and others, so I'm sure it'll be released soon, if it hasn't already. I'm looking forward to seeing how it will all come together in the group shots, I think all three look great together in that twitpic!

04-12-2012
fashion icon

Just saw the 2012 VSFS, & I think she killed it again this year!! She closed the first segment & did good, but the second segment is what made my heart flutter .

04-12-2012
tfs star

Joan did look spectacular in the show. IMO, she should of been featured more.

She could easily become one of the main Angels. I've noticed more of the non fashion public starting to recognize her by name. Just Imagine Joan ruling the Fashion & Commercial arena like Gisele!

I'm sure she would look spectacular in one of those Victoria's Secret Michael Bay commercials.

05-12-2012
V.I.P.

screening of In Vogue: The Editor's Eye held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on Tuesday (December 4) in New York City

vogue.ru

Last edited by MartiniKiss; 05-12-2012 at 01:49 AM.

05-12-2012
V.I.P.

zimbio.com

05-12-2012
V.I.P.

zimbio.com

06-12-2012
fashion icon

^Thanks for posting all of those looks MartiniKiss . She's had quite a few hits & quite a few misses, but I like how bold & daring she is with her choices.

Random, but I'm ready for her to go back to her lighter hair color she had back in Fall 2010-Spring 2011. I like the darker hair, but the lighter hair suited her more imo.

06-12-2012
fashion elite

I loved her second look at VSFS. She looked pretty.

07-12-2012
fashion icon

Unseen pic from the Style Awards

modelspersonal

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, february, joan, june, smalls