How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionlover2001 View Post
No Joan at Chanel. I guess Karl got over her.
I always knew he really didn't like her.
well she did closed Fendi in Milan. she doesn't have to be in everything Karl related just as long he still works w her is all good
Besides a TOP model like her should not be walking Full HC week

22-01-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
No Joan at Chanel. I guess Karl got over her.
I always knew he really didn't like her.
i have to agree with you..i always thought she isn't his type of girl - i mean karl prefers girls which are similar to coco chanel or brigitte bardot so the chance to be his new muse is very limited to this type of beauty..but at least joan did chanel and fendi campaigns which is huge..look at cora emmanuel she did chanel campaign last season but where is she now?!..

yeah she closed fendi but probably because she was their face for the last season, so it's probably something like gift to her..

Last edited by kostadinka; 22-01-2013 at 04:10 PM.

23-01-2013
V.I.P.

vogue.fr

23-01-2013
fashion icon

To say Karl never like her is a bit too dramatic imo. Clearly he liked her & still does, but just not on the same level as his love for Saskia or Freja. I was hoping for at least one more season with the Fendi campaign, but Karl seems to be going through a Miucca phase. Casting new girls is fun for him atm. It's a shame, because I don't think Joan is a Chanel girl (in most collections), but I think she would've had a great run at Fendi if Karl gave her more time.

24-01-2013
rising star

http://www.mtv.com/videos/this-is-ho...64&channelId=1

24-01-2013
trendsetter

Kaiser Karl is cray for letting sweet, exotic Joan go from Fendi. And that Gucci resort campaign was a piece of rubbery bologna for making her look more like a background model and then not including her for their S/S campaign. I'm so mad, I'm gonna tear out the new Gucci ad from US Vogue and crumple it!!

24-01-2013
tfs star

A Versace S/S '13 campaign by Mert & Marcus with Kate Moss & Daria is definitely very major, never even saw it coming, but as the Number #1 model in the World I expect a lot more from Joan.

Only one Campaign this season? Not even one campaign shot by Meisel?

I will give Karl credit for at least giving Joan a Chanel campaign(Major), and her first Major only girl campaign with Fendi(I knew those 2 campaigns were only a one time deal), even though she was only his flavor of the Month.
Not many people in the industry do that.

At Joan's Level I don't worry if she skips most of the RTW fashion week shows. She's one of the very few select models who doesn't have to walk a show to book a campaign.
However, if she decides to walk shows, she needs to be very selective and only walk shows like Versace, Chanel, Gucci, Prada, Michael Kors, Givenchy, Louis Vuitton, ect... Blue Chip!

Hopefully this year we'll see her in Covers for Vogue Paris, UK, Italy and US(wishful thinking). And in more only girl Vogue Editorials(She needs them).

She also needs to maintain her Blue chip campaign bookings. Joan is very Blue, and only works with the best and it needs to stay that way.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I have always considered Joan more of a Campaign girl, above anything else, but as the number #1 model in the world I still expect more Vogue Covers and editorial features.

And More Victoria Secret wouldn't hurt either. Joan is definitely versatile. She has the "IT" Factor.

24-01-2013
fashion icon

I expected a few more campaigns from her too. I actually did think she would repeat Fendi, so I was devastated to find out that she didn't get it again . Meisel should've given her at least three campaigns by now, because he's used her for dozens of editorials & given her covers. At this point in her career, it seems like her fame is rising, but her HF work is dwindling slowly. IDK why this is happening, but I hope to see her make a big HF comeback for F/W 2013- multiple Vogue covers, US Vogue favorite, back in VI & VP, more campaigns from Gucci & Givenchy, etc. It's great that she's making money & becoming a celebrity, but that won't last long if she doesn't maintain her HF clientele. I could totally see her having an amazing upcoming season. Saskia, Karlie, Daria & Kati were the top models this season. Joan flew under the radar, so maybe that will work in her favor. She's not overexposed like some girls.

Last edited by valliaddict; 24-01-2013 at 10:43 PM.

24-01-2013
fashion icon

Quote:
At Joan's Level I don't worry if she skips most of the RTW fashion week shows. She's one of the very few select models who doesn't have to walk a show to book a campaign.
However, if she decides to walk shows, she needs to be very selective and only walk shows like Versace, Chanel, Gucci, Prada, Michael Kors, Givenchy, Louis Vuitton, ect... Blue Chip!\
She's not at the level where she can skip all shows, but I do agree that she shouldn't be doing everything at this point. No more Diesel, Rue de Mail, Tory Burch, etc.

24-01-2013
fashion insider

Who cares if she got one campaign. Its Versace....that is MAJOR. I love that Joan books the most unexpected jobs. Fendi is notorious for not using ethnic girls, let alone let one front a campaign (OG); so is Chanel. When is the last time Vogue Nippon booked a black girl for their cover?....NAOMI. Lets hope La Smalls keeps surprising us with such great career milestones.

25-01-2013
fashion icon

facebook.com/EsteeLauderES

25-01-2013
windowshopping

Wow, both girls look so stunning in that ad. I also think it's unfair to say that Karl "never" liked her just because she didn't walk Chanel couture or repeated Fendi. She only walked Versace so it could very well have been by request. Also, I don't think if he didn't like her he would have shot her for both Chanel, Fendi as well as other small projects. It would have been great if she had another big campaign along with Versace, but for now coupled with her EL contract, I still think she's doing great!

25-01-2013
trendsetter

stunning for estee lauder!

25-01-2013
fashion insider

^ One of the best shots of Joan for EL so far, gorgeous!

Quote:
Joan Smalls' Winter Look
thetastemakerblog.com

26-01-2013
fashion elite

Joan will book more FW 13.
Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, february, joan, june, smalls