How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

31-05-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YummyYuppie View Post
I came across one of Julia's earliest editorials, it's called 'Storm' and it was for Oyster back in 2010. I don't think it has ever been posted online so I'll scan it and put it here later
thank u

31-05-2012
front row

This editorial is originally from Oyster magazine (June/July 2010)

The Storm
Photography: Jason Capobianco
Fashion: David Bonney
Hair: Gavin Anesburey
Make-up: Claire Thomson
Scans by me

01-06-2012
V.I.P.

Last shot is my favorite! Thanks again, is new to me

01-06-2012
front row

^You're welcome Zhanna!

01-06-2012
front row

Yay, sounds like Julia has some exciting news!

Julia Nobis - the face of Fall
Quote:
It was just two years ago when Julia Nobis came to the fashion world's attention, thanks to a New York Fashion Week exclusive with Calvin Klein. She then proceeded to power ahead on the world's runways, booking some of the best shows in the business: 33 in that first international show season, Fall/Winter 2010/2011; 43 shows in her second, six months later; 50 in her third; 72 in her fourth; and 73 shows in total in her fifth and most recent season – Fall/Winter 2012/2013 in February and March this year. For two consecutive seasons, the now 19 year-old Sydney-ite has had the biggest individual show tally of any international model. And all that hard work looks to have finally paid off.

Nobis has just debuted on the 'Top 50 Women' list of models.com, the New York-based It model arbiter, ranked at number 38, the fourth Australian model currently on the list. Sure, Abbey Lee Kershaw (#5) and Miranda Kerr (#10) are much more visible (Ajak Deng appears at #47). They have also had much longer careers.

Due to her runway visibility in fact, WWD recently dubbed Nobis "The Face of Fall". But beyond the Fall 2012 show season, Frockwriter understands that Nobis has some very interesting editorial work about to land in international magazines. We also hear that she is due to star in two major European advertising campaigns – as the only featured model.

Her planned medical studies look to be well-and-truly on the backburner for the time being.
(source: www.frockwriter.com)

01-06-2012
V.I.P.

01-06-2012
rising star

wow thanks for the scans yummy! i've never seen the ed before

01-06-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipis View Post
wow thanks for the scans yummy! i've never seen the ed before
You're welcome babe

02-06-2012
front row

Quote:
In this exclusive look at the Trey Laird directed, Craig McDean shot CFDA Journal, Constance Jablonski models Irene Neuwirth, Julia Nobis wears Pamela Love, and Sara Blomqvist is shod in Tabitha Simmons.

(source: fashionista.com)

03-06-2012
front row

Quote:
WAIF-like blonde Julia Nobis is the latest Aussie to make it into the world's top 50 models.

Discovered two years ago by an agent as she walked home from school, the elfin model has since become one of our top-earning catwalk stars.

The 19-year-old New York-based model strutted the stage in 72 shows at this year's autumn/winter 2012-13 fashion shows, becoming the most in-demand model of the season.

The hard work has paid off with Nobis recently making her debut on the "Top 50 Women" list of models.com, which is the "It" model arbiter - and is ranked at number 38.

She's the fourth Australian model on the list. Also making the top 50, are Abbey Lee Kershaw at number 5, Miranda Kerr at number 10 and Ajak Deng at number 47.
(source: heraldsun.com.au)

04-06-2012
V.I.P.

Reed Krakoff Resort 2013

wwd.com

04-06-2012
front row

Julia Nobis - Australian model in New York, Thursday, March 15, 2012

(source: dailytelegraph.com.au)

04-06-2012
front row

Some oldies but goodies

Lisa Ho for RAFW in pink Julia Nobis and gold Ruby Jean Wilson (Picture: Chris Pavlich)

Model Julia Nobis (17) at Alexandria in Sydney (Pictures: Tim Hunter)

Lauren Brown, Willow (aged 3) and Julia Nobis. Lauren and Julia are staring in the Zambesi show at Rosemount Australian Fashion Week on Monday May 3, 2010 (Picture: Charles Brewer)

(source: dailytelegraph.com.au)

04-06-2012
fashion elite

Ford Models Instagram

05-06-2012
V.I.P.

Reed Krakoff Resort 2013

style.com

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, february, january, julia, nobis