How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-06-2012
trendsetter

According to frockwriter, Julia booked 2 major campaigns! Wonder what the other one will be?

11-06-2012
fashion elite

^Balenciaga.

11-06-2012
front row

^Isn't that one just a shot from the Resort runway show?

11-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkasha View Post
^Isn't that one just a shot from the Resort runway show?
Yes! :p

12-06-2012
fashion elite

Meh. It's probably Balenciaga anyway.

12-06-2012
V.I.P.

Chloe Resort 2013

wwd.com

12-06-2012
V.I.P.

Acne Resort 2013

style.com

12-06-2012
front row

Jonathan Saunders Resort 2013

(fullscreen slideshow can be viewed at the source: http://www.style.com/fashionshows/co...3RST-JSAUNDERS)

12-06-2012
front row

...continued, Jonathan Saunders Resort 2013

(fullscreen slideshow can be viewed at the source: http://www.style.com/fashionshows/co...3RST-JSAUNDERS)

12-06-2012
V.I.P.

Thank u YummyYuppie!

Jonathan Saunders Resort 2013 HQ's

style.com

12-06-2012
V.I.P.

style.com

12-06-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanna View Post
Thank u YummyYuppie!
^Thank you Zhanna for the lovely HQs!

13-06-2012
windowshopping

I really liked the colour combinations in Jonathan Saunders. Thank you both for the photos

13-06-2012
rising star

Oh love!

13-06-2012
front row

Cutie!

Quote:
“With modeling I get to see a world that I never would have otherwise. I like to look at it as an observer sometimes, and then other times get really immersed in it as well.

At home and growing up, fashion has absolutely nothing to do with anything. The really laid back nature of Australia comes out in what I wear and in what I appreciate. I try to look decent and as polished – not like I just I got out of bed which nine times out of nine is just what I did. I know so much about fashion, but I just don’t necessarily apply it to myself. I appreciate it for it’s beauty and then I love to look at it but would never wear it.

I wear a lot of Alexander Wang because it’s so comfortable and looks cool at the same time. Comfort is always my biggest thing because nine times out of ten I’m not wearing shoes. New York is the only place I wear shoes actually, because not to would be a bit unsanitary.

The bigger lessons I’ve learned from modeling are that fashion is actually a form of art, which is why I really like doing shoots and shows. On a shoot you have the photographer, the stylist, the make up artist and the model who is like the catalyst for it all. It’s a bunch of artists coming together making something. It’s really more of collaboration than a shoot.

I love working with the Proenza Schouler boys. The first time I did their show I ended up playing assistant casting director because I had all the insider knowledge about all the girls. … Then I did their campaign after that. I’ve done so many of their look books and I do the show every season, so it’s always really nice when I get to see them. I love walking in their show because they know I’m a tomboy, so they are never going to give me a dress or a skirt. They always give me pant and a shirt, which is very much appreciated.” – Julia Nobis to Shop Ghost

Julia’s Shop Ghost Tips:

1. Style Icon
“I’m biased when I say that Hanne Gaby is a style icon because she’s my friend. She is pretty outrageous and I would not be able to pull off any of the stuff she wears, but I’m very impressed whenever she does. Sometimes she puts in a lot of effort and sometimes nothing at all. She can put together an amazing outfit in a half an hour.”

2. Transformation
“In the Valentino show I wore a pink dress, and I also got to wear a leather cat suit. For Valentino you always have to walk with that air of innocence, some kind of purity of which – not that I’m a corrupt individual, but I don’t necessarily feel like a pure angel either. In Valentino’s clothes all of a sudden you walk as light as a feather and are exuding light.”

3. Tomboy
“I’m a serious tomboy. Most days I’m in a t-shirt and pants that I probably picked up from the floor. If it’s clean is really the main requirement.”

4. Traveling Must Haves
“When I travel for fashion week I need my guitar and two or three pairs of heels in my bag just for casting. I’m really scared of folding delicate things and putting them in suitcases because I don’t know to fold them, so I try to leave them at home. Pretty much I end up taking anything that is made out of cotton and a lot of jeans. I’m a light traveler.”

(source: shopghost.com)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, february, january, julia, nobis