How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

Rue du Mail SS 2013 Paris HQ's

vogue.it

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

Lanvin S/S 2013 Paris

nowfashion

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
Ugh. I've been on the fence with this one for a long time. But at this point - I'm over her. She has as much personality as a brick, can't walk for beans, is as lifeless as corpse in front of the camera and despite all of that she's the most in demand model of the moment.

I'm growing ever more tired with this industry.

I can't disagree more with your opinion. I'm tired of trying of pretentious models that wants attention without any charisma, of disguised girls that are trying to sell us an image of stylish and glamorous women.

She is genuine, humble, intelligent and credible in front of the camera. She has a very interesting look, I like her sweet and delicate features and especially the nose, I find her really beautiful. She's really chameleon and it's really shocking to see Julia in her diary looks, with very simple street style and not trying to be cool as others. Plus I love the way she walks so I'm glad to see booking big shows. All the people who say that Julia is boring and insipid perhaps has not paid attention to her print work. I can't believe you have that opinion if you have seen her editorials in Love and Vogue Italia.

Anyway not everybody have the same tastes and all kinds of opinions are respected. Sorry my english is not so good..

27-09-2012
Fat Karl

^^I never said that I was interested in attention seeking, "glamorous" models like Natasha Poly or Anja Rubik, etc.

I just think that Julia doesn't posses any inherent elegance that I think a model needs. She never looks like she knows how to carry herself - always looks awkward as cardboard.

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

I agree. She looks awkward, bored and shabby. Her greasy, thin hair and drooping eyes are just not what I want to see on the runways.

27-09-2012
backstage pass

Well unfortunately none of you actually have a say in what happens in the fashion industry which you love so dearly. In fact, your opinions are quite...irrelevant! Surprise, surprise!

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

Some people seems like they have something personal against her for such harsh words. And all of this just because she's successful right now and she's doing a pretty good season once again.
People bored and indifferent not cause reactions. Not the instance: Love or hate.

Last edited by Zhanna; 27-09-2012 at 04:56 PM.

27-09-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanna View Post
I can't disagree more with your opinion. I'm tired of trying of pretentious models that wants attention without any charisma, of disguised girls that are trying to sell us an image of stylish and glamorous women.

She is genuine, humble, intelligent and credible in front of the camera. She has a very interesting look, I like her sweet and delicate features and especially the nose, I find her really beautiful. She's really chameleon and it's really shocking to see Julia in her diary looks, with very simple street style and not trying to be cool as others. Plus I love the way she walks so I'm glad to see booking big shows. All the people who say that Julia is boring and insipid perhaps has not paid attention to her print work. I can't believe you have that opinion if you have seen her editorials in Love and Vogue Italia.

Anyway not everybody have the same tastes and all kinds of opinions are respected. Sorry my english is not so good..
Amen and Hallelu', Zhanna. Along with the aforementioned amazing nose, gorgeous face and chameleonlike quality (plus the fact that Julia is so natural and not overly 'cool' or 'try hard' like so many other hipster fashionistas), what really makes her slay all the other competition for me is her gorgeous, sensual androgyny, both in personality and appearance. She is a true muse.

All you haters can shut your devil mouths and keep the negativity out of Queen Julia's thread

27-09-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
I agree. She looks awkward, bored and shabby. Her greasy, thin hair and drooping eyes are just not what I want to see on the runways.
Oh no you didn't...

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

^^ I agree with you.

Julia fits very well the clothes.

Last edited by Rosary; 27-09-2012 at 05:03 PM.

27-09-2012
Fat Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlinand View Post
Well unfortunately none of you actually have a say in what happens in the fashion industry which you love so dearly. In fact, your opinions are quite...irrelevant! Surprise, surprise!
And the same goes for you! Surprise, surprise!

Irrelevant as my opinion may be, this is a public forum - a forum I have been a member of for over 6 years now - where everyone is allowed to speak their mind, voice their opinions, and have legitimate discussions regarding the fashion industry. So, no, I don't plan on shutting my "devil mouth" anytime soon.

I'm simply stating my lack of understanding as to why she is the number one in demand runway model of the moment, when I see very little in her that should qualify her that title.

Last edited by dior_couture1245; 27-09-2012 at 05:07 PM.

27-09-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosary View Post
^^ I agree with you.

Julia fits very well the clothes.
^ Yes, her body was simply made for the runway

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

Nina Ricci S/S 2013 Paris HQ's

vogue.co.uk

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Irrelevant as my opinion may be, this is a public forum - a forum I have been a member of for over 6 years now - where everyone is allowed to speak their mind, voice their opinions, and have legitimate discussions regarding the fashion industry. So, no, I don't plan on shutting my "devil mouth" anytime soon.
Exactly.
There's absolutely no need to tell other members to shut up and leave, everyone is allowed to voice their opinion on a model, even if it may be a negative one. No need to get overly defensive and disrespect other members for their opinions. Let's keep this discussion civil. Thank you.

27-09-2012
windowshopping

Quote:
Ugh. I've been on the fence with this one for a long time. But at this point - I'm over her. She has as much personality as a brick, can't walk for beans, is as lifeless as corpse in front of the camera and despite all of that she's the most in demand model of the moment.

I'm growing ever more tired with this industry.

Dior, I've gotta say, I literally thought the exact same thing about 5 min. before I saw your comment, with the exception of the personality part and I kinda dig her personal style......I'm completely behooved.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, february, january, julia, nobis