How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-02-2012
backstage pass

I love how engaging she is backstage. She's always smiling, talking to the staff and looks genuinely interested n what people say to her. Makes a change from alot of stone faced models.

06-02-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
aww date night with the one and only mr@JasonWu xx

twitter.com/karliekloss

06-02-2012
fashion elite

I don't like the Vogue Australia edit I've seen her do much better.

07-02-2012
V.I.P.

07-02-2012
backstage pass

Love the pic with Jason wu!its great they are good friends! Both seem such lovely people! And she looks stunning in that vid!

07-02-2012
backstage pass

that is a wonderful video depicting the best of karlie!

07-02-2012
V.I.P.

wow that is one great video!!
she gets soo much press!

07-02-2012
rising star

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Vogue Australia with Karlie in London? I've looked everywhere!!

07-02-2012
backstage pass

^^ I heard that WH smith shops often sell different vogue magazines, and often a few of the train station magazine stands sell American and Italian so might do Australia. I've also seen in duty free at airports but that's only good if you know someone who works there or are going on a flight! If not try online, eBay often has them!

07-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Vogue Australia with Karlie in London? I've looked everywhere!!
The Condé Nast store at Hanover Square sells it for sure and I think I've seen it at Selfridges before, too. But it's most likely not out yet since the issue was just released in Australia last week, I think?

The ModTV video is great! Such a nice interview and portrait of her

07-02-2012
V.I.P.

New interview from Modelina
Quote:
If anyone knows how to get through Fashion Week its Karlie Kloss. The 5′11 supermodel walks all the top shows, gets snapped for every street style blog, and attends all the hottest and most exclusive fashion parties, all the while still managing to look fresh faced and energetic. After seasons upon seasons of scratching our heads in amazement, we finally sat down with Karlie to find out just how she manages to do it all.

Modelinia: How long before Fashion Week begins do you start preparing your body?
Karlie: I strive to maintain a healthy lifestyle year round. It’s not just about being in shape for Fashion Week, I am traveling and shooting year round; the shows are just one aspect of this job. I think it’s important to find a healthy and sustainable way to keep your body and mind in shape. For me that means bringing my tennis shoes wherever I travel and going for a run whenever I get the chance. After all, I’ve found that running is one of the best ways to explore a new city!

Modelinia: What are your Fashion Week travel essentials?
Karlie: I absolutely cannot travel without my notebook. I love to sketch and write while I travel and explore new places.

Modelinia: Fashion Week is pretty exhausting, how do you keep motivated and alive?
Karlie: I am the queen of snacks! I always bring snacks and food with me backstage. Ask any of the girls, if you need something I usually have it in my purse — I have just about everything in there short of the kitchen sink.

Modelinia: You’re photographed for street style blogs all throughout the month of fashion. Do you plan your outfits in advance?
Karlie: I should! That would make life a little bit easier, or at least it would make me a little quicker out the door in the morning on my way to the shows. It’s difficult to pack for all the different cities, climates, and circumstances that you encounter over the chaotic fashion month, so I usually just bring one big suitcase filled with everything in my closet! I don’t know what I would do if it weren’t for my very organized Mom and my trusty panel of fashion advisors - my three sisters - we usually have a packing party before I leave for the long month of shows.

Modelinia: Speaking of shows, are there any that you would love to walk this season?
Karlie: I’d love to walk in Burberry this season; it’s one show I’ve never done! I also haven’t done London Fashion Week in a while, would love to get back there soon.

Modelinia: What’s your ultimate Fashion Week staple?
Karlie: A great pair of boots! I always have one staple pair of boots every season that I live in during Fashion Week. A comfortable, easy to slip on, goes-with-everything kind of boot. Right now I’m obsessed with a pair of leather All Saints biker boots, but I don’t know if they’ll survive until Fashion Week!
I would love to see her at London Fashion Week again.

Last edited by jacquelineo; 07-02-2012 at 12:55 PM.

07-02-2012
V.I.P.

she's so smart and matured. i hope she'll get a chance to do Burberry!

07-02-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco vaughn View Post
she's so smart and matured. i hope she'll get a chance to do Burberry!
Not so sure, the casting for Burberry is weird since some seasons, they took unknown girls and never use them a second time ... (-> Nina Porter,...)

07-02-2012
V.I.P.

^ oh that Nina girl was the worst mishap ever yeah Karlie is not the typical Burberry girl indeed, but i could totally imagine her doing it... and she would make less trouble with her walk i guess

07-02-2012
rising star

Thanks guys for letting me know where I can get her Vogue, I forgot about the Condé Nast store!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, december, karlie, kloss, march