How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-02-2012
V.I.P.

Although she's not participating in NY fashion week , I'm still anxious to find out what major thing she's doing. I immediately thought of shooting for Vogue, which would be AMAZING!

10-02-2012
V.I.P.

I don't see why she can't walk the runway because of a vogue shoot? doesn't really take a week, if true...

10-02-2012
hors concours♛

Is acting really game changing for models? lol

10-02-2012
trendsetter

I remeber she skipped almost half of Milan last season because of the shoot in Ibiza with Ediied for Vogue so I think it might be some shoot as well... Maybe on a distant location. Or VS catalogue maybe? Swimwear?

10-02-2012
front row

Maybe she is the new designer for Dior!

10-02-2012
rising star

I too am intrigued! Toni Garrn (who, according to Ali Stephens, is somewhere "epic" with both her and Karlie) posted this tweet last night along with this image:

"Craaazy!never ending castingline..and its not even for fashionweek!!good to see everyone again tho"

source: realtonigarrn twitter

what would there be a big casting for that's not related to FW? i don't think that would be related to vogue? and judging by the timing of when she posted the photo and it still being daylight it would put her somewhere in the USA or South America, so not that remote. Hmm lots of detective work lol.

10-02-2012
front row

Fourth girl from that right in that picture is Behati, isn't it? Maybe it is something for VS.

10-02-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by annavtree View Post
My guess exactly. I feel like I see Behati in that photo above, so I'm thinking it's the VS contract.

10-02-2012
V.I.P.

Still makes no sense to me....She can walk several big NYFW shows in two days next week, and would either Vogue or VS mess with a major model's schedule for a quick photo shoot? And why is a model at her level going to a cattle call casting like this? All very strange...

10-02-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
^ wouldn't even be surprised haha!

Also, it could be something for VS because most VS models don't usually do NYFW do they? It usually conflicts and we only ever usually see them in the last few days of the week if any...

10-02-2012
V.I.P.

well VS know who karlie is,as they hired her to walk the VSFS without her going to castings. so i really dont thinkg is VS. bbut who knows.
if it is something for vogue,is it really a game changer? unless is a Models cover!

10-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Still makes no sense to me....She can walk several big NYFW shows in two days next week, and would either Vogue or VS mess with a major model's schedule for a quick photo shoot? And why is a model at her level going to a cattle call casting like this? All very strange...
VS would schedule a shoot during fashion week but I don't know if it would be last minute, usually the model would know that she is shooting for VS long enough in advance to not go to castings. I think that the announcement could be VS related but not a typical VS shoot.

Another alternative is that maybe a TV show is being launched, like the return of fashion related TV programs like House of Style. The reason that I say this is because Alina Cho of CNN did the original tweet, and she has spoken about wanting to get more fashion related stuff covered on television.

10-02-2012
backstage pass

VS once had fashion show during Cannes film festival and 65th Festival de Cannes will be held from 16 to 27 May 2012. Maybe they are doing it again?

10-02-2012
V.I.P.

Oh too bad she's skipping NY!
I really hope this will mark her REAL comeback on Milan runways after 2 seasons of "just came here in the middle of fashion week" and walking only for 3-4 shows

10-02-2012
front row

People are misreading Ali's quote. She said she was doing a shoot during the day and meeting with Karlie and Toni at night. Probably just to hang out.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2012, december, karlie, kloss, march