How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-10-2012
V.I.P.

^Karlie looks fantastic!!! Those legs!!!

21-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
We’re willing to bet there probably aren’t two model friends working in the industry today sweeter or cooler than Joan Smalls and Karlie Kloss. The House of Style co-hosts popped up at the cocktail reception for Mario Testino’s first US exhibition “In Your Face” this week, and naturally I had to grab a few moments with them to chat about the new show, now that it has officially debuted, and what it’s like working with Testino.

Karlie is among the models in the exhibition, with a striking image from her 2011 Vogue editorial shot in China. Mario actually led Karlie to what he called “her wall,” an experience which she said gave her goosebumps. “He’s such an icon. I collected his photography books long before I ever worked with him,” Karlie explained. “It’s sort of come full circle: not only have I worked with him on many different shoots around the world, in Peru, in Brazil, in Ibiza, but now I’m in an exhibition of his. That’s crazy!”

Joan joked that she was “bummed” not to be in the exhibition but couldn’t stop talking about how much she enjoys working with Mario. She called him a “total gentleman,” sharing that he makes the woman feel comfortable and empowered, as well as reigniting a passion in his subjects through his own enthusiasm. “You have a good time, you feel like what you’re doing has some sort of importance, and it will be made history in some sort of way,” said Joan of working with the legendary photographer. Karlie also gushed about working with Testino, saying, “Wherever he is, that’s where the party is, believe me.”

And what’s next for House of Style? The girls are still filming in New York and elsewhere, but Karlie told us they’re still working on ideas for episodes. “If you have any ideas, we can brainstorm and you can help us out,” Karlie told me. “I’ll come bearing cookies!”

Karlie, consider this your open invite to the Fashionista offices! Bring Joan – we would make for a great House of Style episode!
fashionista

23-10-2012
V.I.P.

House of Style: Episode 02

23-10-2012
V.I.P.

The production stills from the news episodes.

MTV HOUSE OF STYLE EPISODE 02:
Cinemagraphs: A Living Moment

MTV HOUSE OF STYLE PROMOTIONAL IMAGE

mtv.com

23-10-2012
V.I.P.

MTV HOUSE OF STYLE EPISODE 03:
Shopping At Colette

mtv.com

24-10-2012
V.I.P.

Karlie and Joan did a live interview via Twitter yesterday about House Of Style and more.

Quote:
Joan & Karlie's Live Twitter Chat
Wall Street Journal style reporter Elizabeth Holmes (@EHolmesWSJ), Joan Smalls, & Karlie Kloss (@MTVStyle) chat about and hosting the new House Of Style. 10.23.12.

1. To start, a Q for both hosts! What made you want to be a part of #HouseofStyle? @MTVStyle
Karlie Kloss: It was an exciting chance to show others what my world is all about.

2. You two are filling some big shoes as hosts of #HouseofStyle. How does it feel to follow in Cindy Crawford's footsteps? @MTVStyle
Karlie Kloss: It's an honor to get the chance to host #HouseofStyle because I grew up idolizing Cindy Crawford.

3. Q from @DavidLevkoff – What was the craziest photo shoot you’ve ever been on? @MTVStyle #HouseofStyle
KK: I did a shoot in the Nicaraguan jungle sitting on the edge of a smoking volcano.

4. How has social media changed the fashion landscape? What's your fave platform? #HouseofStyle @MTVStyle
KK: Instagram is such a fun way to share what with the world the places I get to see and travel.

5. Karlie, you are known for your walk. Where does your runway prowess come from? #HouseofStyle @MTVStyle
KK: I studied ballet growing up, and I think that had a huge influence on the way I walk the runway.

7. Q from @GalaxyElena – Does being a model help battle any insecurities or does it make them worse? @MTVStyle #HouseofStyle
KK: You're under a microscope, but I think it helps you build confidence because you're celebrated for your uniqueness

8. What do you do to recover from the shows in NYC, London, Milan and Paris, aka Fashion Month? #HouseofStyle @MTVStyle
KK: I booked a weekend to go home to my family and get some much-needed R&R.

9. Q from @talissajp – What has been your favorite runway moment? @MTVStyle #HouseofStyle
KK: Favorite runway moment? Last year at the @VictoriasSecret show, @JoanSmalls and I got our wings together!

10. Final question! How would you describe your own sense of style? #HouseofStyle @MTVStyle
KK: My style philosophy is: it's not what you wear, but HOW you wear it.
twitter.com/MTVstyle | style.mtv.com

24-10-2012
V.I.P.

she looks ridiculously amazing at the Testino event. like "HOLY CRAP THAT'S A SUPERMODEL" amazing.

25-10-2012
V.I.P.

On location with VS

Twitter.com/karliekloss

25-10-2012
V.I.P.

VOGUE NETHERLANDS NOVEMBER 2012

Top Of The Bill
Models: Lara Stone, Joan Smalls, Liu Wen, Doutzen Kroes, Saskia De Brauw, Karlie Kloss, Aymeline Valade, Kati Nescher, Cara Delevingne & Daphne Groeneveld

glossynewsstand.tumblr.co

25-10-2012
V.I.P.

twitter.com/karliekloss

26-10-2012
V.I.P.

At Carine Roitfeld for MAC

bfanyc

At DVF Loves PURPLE 20th Anniversary Party

same source

Last edited by dsamg; 26-10-2012 at 01:20 AM.

26-10-2012
V.I.P.

DASHA ZHUKOVA & DEREK BLASBERG host Cocktails TO CELEBRATE RADIO GARAGE at PARIS FASHION WEEK

bfanyc

CALVIN KLEIN COLLECTION Celebrates the Women's Spring 2013 Show With an Intimate Dinner

same source

J. Mendel Spring 2013 after party

same source

Last edited by dsamg; 26-10-2012 at 01:30 AM.

26-10-2012
V.I.P.

bfanyc

Rodarte Spring 2013 after party

same source

After Rodarte

same source

CR Fashion Book launch

same source

Wang after party

same source

Last edited by dsamg; 26-10-2012 at 01:41 AM.

26-10-2012
V.I.P.

Not loving that white dress on her, but the pics and the black dress in #821 a lot!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

26-10-2012
V.I.P.

CHEZ ANDRE Opening Party at The Standard East Village

bfanyc

aaaand that's as far back as I'll go, I'm not gonna bother with the other 400 on there lol

Last edited by dsamg; 26-10-2012 at 01:49 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, july, karlie, kloss, november