How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-11-2012
V.I.P.

What wrong with VS angels outfits at afterparty in this year?
Don't like it at all.

08-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniKiss View Post
What wrong with VS angels outfits at afterparty in this year?
Don't like it at all.
Agreed!! Quite cheap in my opinion.

08-11-2012
V.I.P.

I often hear from people they don't understand why Karlie is such a succesful model. I often hear she has a boring face, or that she is too tall, or that she looks masculine. Personally I don't get her look either but somehow I like her. She seems very matured and secure. She has proved that you really don't have to look pretty to be a succesful model. You just need luck and it seems this girl is very lucky. Good for Karlie. But I have seen much much prettier faces than her and these girls are all underrated. Why do the prettiest girls always have bad luck?

08-11-2012
trendsetter

^ I think it's unfair to say that Karlie's success is produced by luck!
Apart from her face and body (which are perfect IMO) she is so passionate and hardworking! In addition to that she seems like such a likeable person. She is a fantastic poser and a chameleon in photoshoots. I could go on and on. Of course it is all a matter of taste. I just don't think "luck" is the right word when it comes to Karlie's career

08-11-2012
front row

"Pretty" isn't exactly what the high fashion world demands. Karlie commands so much attention with that lean, strong body of hers, that face which is not pretty in a typical way, that walk which, for me, is quite engaging.

On a side note, I think that circus costume is horrible and her afterparty outfit is just bluntly ugly.

08-11-2012
hors concours♛

why is "perfectly pretty face" so heavily emphasized when talking about a models success? as if thats the only deciding factor to making it big..some of the most iconic models of all time had something odd/unique about them that made them stand out. what if that "perfectly pretty" girl shows up late to shoots? what if that perfectly pretty girl has a bland personality ? quotes from almost every influential fashion person (wintour,testino,meisel,just to name a few) always emphasize a models personality,proffesionalism,uniqueness,ability to transform themselves in front of a camera etc as the ones who get booked again. i rarely see them talking about how perfect one's nose is or isn't...naomi campbell bluntly says,if a girl is only pretty and not much else, she wont get work. what some other models may not seem to accomplish is not karlies fault.
Posted via Mobile Device

08-11-2012
V.I.P.

zimbio.com

08-11-2012
front row

She looks so great! I love how effervescent she is at the VS show.

08-11-2012
V.I.P.

Karlie speaking to In To The Gloss:
Quote:
“I think a woman’s confidence is in her hair. It’s true! When you change your hair, everything sort of changes. It affects the way you act, the way you dress…your hair is a very very influential part of yourstyle. And a woman with a great haircut can wear a paper bag and look amazing. Garren cut it on Monday for a Vogue story, at Patrick [Demarchelier’s] studio. He took off about eight inches. My hair has always been very thin, very fine—very boring, actually, and it was so broken and damaged from the last five years of working. It was really just kind of nothing. It could be turned in to a long, glamorous thing with extensions, or you could add a fringe, but on its own, it had no style. And no texture, either. Also, the thing is, for me, as a model, having the plain, stereotypical model hair, you’re a blank canvas, which allows you to transform—to become a character—whereas when you have a hairstyle, you’re individualized. And this cut, just by itself, is such a style. I love it; I feel like I’m changing... I don’t know, I’m finding who I am. I’m twenty years old, I’m entering a new phase of my life; I bought a house! I sign the papers tomorrow. There’s a lot of change happening in my life right now. It’s a new haircut for a new decade.”

And how would she describe this cut? We mentioned Michelle Pfieffer in Scarface; she said she’s channeling Jane Birkin. Above all, though, “It’s…it’s…‘the Karlie.’ It’s the Karlie! [Laughs] I want women to someday go in to the hair salon and say, ‘I want the Karlie.’”
fashioncopious.typepad.com

08-11-2012
scenester

Her dress kinda looks like a thermo blanket

08-11-2012
front row

She looked beautiful yesterday. Very glamorous, very VS.

08-11-2012
V.I.P.

She was looking so great at VS, even better than last year!

08-11-2012
tfs star

kind of egotistical to say her (very plain, ordinary, standard) haircut is "the Karlie"...

08-11-2012
V.I.P.

^ Well I interpreted it as a joke.
That haircut is great on her I love it.

08-11-2012
V.I.P.

^ I know, right?? She will NEVER be on par with "The Rachel"!

I think her haircut is really cute. She looks WAY better than Arizona Muse did when she chopped hers.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, july, karlie, kloss, november