How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
as european I also didn't find it offensive
Hopefully the european status/disclaimer doesn't prevent anyone from learning history about other continents and ongoing tension, which is where the offense stems from.

I feel bad for Karlie but the show's always been about light fun in the middle of holidays craze.. it was a sensible decision by VS.

11-11-2012
scenester

Quote:
I am deeply sorry if what I wore during the VS Show offended anyone. I support VS's decision to remove the outfit from the broadcast.
twitter.com/karliekloss

11-11-2012
V.I.P.

Don't understand why they included it in the first place only to then cut it from the broadcast. They surely should have anticipated the backlash and decided whether to originally include the outfit or not.

11-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetz View Post
Poor move by VS. There are 7 billion people on this planet - chances are pretty high that someone will be offended now matter how ridiculous this may sound to others. But it doesn't mean you should try to adapt by removing an entire segment of the show in this case.
Can't say I agree with that. Don't do outfits based on races or something else that really segregates people and no one will be offended. I'm not sure how VS didn't anticipate this, seems like an obviously controversial move to me.

11-11-2012
windowshopping

^^ Yeah, obviously this outfit had to be approved by many people throughout the design process. I'm shocked that not one of them stopped to think that it would be offensive to people. There has been enough backlash against people wearing headdresses as Halloween costumes that I really don't see how VS could think this was a good idea.

11-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
See you on set tomorrow @karliekloss @VictoriasSecret #Shhhhh pic.twitter.com/dlmz9Bnw

Ben Watts Twitter

11-11-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJS View Post
I really don't see how VS could think this was a good idea.
Me neither, and I feel bad that Karlie had to get mixed up in this. But obviously VS didn't care. This is the same company that had girls flying in for castings when a major hurricane was coming through. SMH

But, I have to say I'm kind of liking Karlie's short hair .

11-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Triple treat @VictoriasSecret @karliekloss @BarbaraPalvin @realmagdalena @MilkStudios #Shhhhh

Ben Watts Twitter

11-11-2012
V.I.P.

^This looks so lovely!

11-11-2012
V.I.P.

^Completely agree! All three of them working together? YESSSSS!

11-11-2012
tfs star

i wonder if karlie's controversial outfit would have started such a scandal if she had not been 'blowing that kiss' while in it on the runway? i mean, is there really anything that offensive in simply wearing inspired clothing...?

11-11-2012
scenester

I can't deal with this short hair...but thank-god her face is so amazing that it covers it up a bit

Last edited by Slater; 11-11-2012 at 09:53 PM.

11-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermodel View Post
i wonder if karlie's controversial outfit would have started such a scandal if she had not been 'blowing that kiss' while in it on the runway? i mean, is there really anything that offensive in simply wearing inspired clothing...?
It's not just that she's wearing inspired clothing, the problem is the sexualisation of putting it on a lingerie runway. Here in Australia there would be outrage if Aboriginal inspired lingerie was worn in a fashion show.

11-11-2012
tfs star

It's definitely incredibly inappropriate and offensive... but of course, not her fault. Although it did appear she was "war-whooping", not blowing a kiss -- which would be her bad move. I don't blame her at all otherwise... but VS is a huge fail.

11-11-2012
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermodel View Post
In Native American culture you have to earn the right to wear a war bonnet. This is what VS team all failed to see. sexualizing any culture especially one that has one of the highest rates of sexual assault perpetuated by non natives against native women is can be looked @ as "offensive".

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, karlie, kloss, march, november