How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-12-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
Discussions like this are what this whole forum was made for. When someone says something nice about Karlie no one ever says 'Oh this again!' But when someone says something critical about her that some people agree with, Karlie fanatics jump at their throats. Karlie is an amazing model, but her look is best suited for high fashion where she can be more expressive and show off her talent. She doesn't have the assets (meaning boobs) to be selling lingerie and her beauty is not the kind that makes you think 'bombshell' which is what VS is all about.
I want to give you a BIG KISS right now!

We should be able to discuss these topics on TFS, everyone is fair game.

23-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
I want to give you a BIG KISS right now!

We should be able to discuss these topics on TFS, everyone is fair game.
No one was saying you cant have your opinion, it's just that this is the only thread where the same thing gets discussed every two pages. This forum is supposed to be free of discussing bodies and their sizes yet it's always about her 'assets.'

23-12-2012
V.I.P.

24-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthes View Post
I totally agree that this forum is made for discussions and expressing different opinions. Personally, I love Karlie as a high fashion model and I think she looks her best when she's doing that. But I wouldn't say she doesn't have the 'assets' for VS. I mean lingerie is mainly for curvier models but I see nothing wrong with VS representing bodytypes such as Karlie's.
Exactly. This is getting annoying to see all these "so wrong for vs", "doesnt have assets" and the like. Said it once, move on. Its just an opinion like many others. If some people think she is oh so wrong doesnt mean that everyone at VS thinks so and obviously if they use her they know what theyre doing. Besides that, in my opinion she is fine for VS , be it clothes or sleepwear. VS had worse models modeling for them body-wise as well but noone said anything. Candice also had a period when she wasnt in her best "lingerie" shape so what ? I love Karlie for VS and she is way better then some of the models so-called "angels" /"bombshells" they have now.

Karlie can work in any fashion department, sure she may have her downs but overall she is one of the few models that are good models regardless of the body type.

24-12-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliax View Post
Exactly. This is getting annoying to see all these "so wrong for vs", "doesnt have assets" and the like. Said it once, move on. Its just an opinion like many others. If some people think she is oh so wrong doesnt mean that everyone at VS thinks so and obviously if they use her they know what theyre doing. Besides that, in my opinion she is fine for VS , be it clothes or sleepwear. VS had worse models modeling for them body-wise as well but noone said anything. Candice also had a period when she wasnt in her best "lingerie" shape so what ? I love Karlie for VS and she is way better then some of the models so-called "angels" /"bombshells" they have now.

Karlie can work in any fashion department, sure she may have her downs but overall she is one of the few models that are good models regardless of the body type.
Name some of those models. Chanel was criticized from the first day she did VS. Lily A is bad runway walk is mentioned all of the time. Lais is called boring whenever she does anything for VS in general. Posters in the VS thread are always brings up Erin, Lindsay, and Lily's name whenever someone what to to replace a current Angel. Karlie in't the first model to strutinized for doing VS because of her shortcomings and she won't be the last.

24-12-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trends View Post
Name some of those models. Chanel was criticized from the first day she did VS. Lily A is bad runway walk is mentioned all of the time. Lais is called boring whenever she does anything for VS in general. Posters in the VS thread are always brings up Erin, Lindsay, and Lily's name whenever someone what to to replace a current Angel. Karlie in't the first model to strutinized for doing VS because of her shortcomings and she won't be the last.
Exactly! I agree.

Last edited by Maximilian S; 24-12-2012 at 09:59 AM.

24-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
gucciwestman What a great last day of work w my girl @karliekloss
[/url]

Karlie Kloss Twitter

24-12-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trends View Post
Karlie in't the first model to strutinized for doing VS because of her shortcomings and she won't be the last.
lol "shortcomings". people are talking as if small breasted women didn't wear underwear. Fact is, girls with little boobs wear bras too and I don't see what's so wrong about using one of them to model VS.

24-12-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Apples View Post
lol "shortcomings". people are talking as if small breasted women didn't wear underwear. Fact is, girls with little boobs wear bras too and I don't see what's so wrong about using one of them to model VS.
Good point, never occurred to me! People, including myself not too long ago, always hate on models such as Karlie and Chanel modelling for VS as they don't have the 'bombshell' **edited**body. But that's so true, **edited**, so in a sense using models like karlie is more realistic and much more relatable to the general target audience.

Last edited by ckgirlbr; 25-12-2012 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Weight talk. Please refer to our Community Rules.

24-12-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermodel View Post
Good point, never occurred to me! People, including myself not too long ago, always hate on models such as Karlie and Chanel modelling for VS as they don't have the 'bombshell curves'. But that's so true, most women don't have curves such as candice, so in a sense using models like karlie is more realistic and much more relatable to the general target audience.
*edited* the average bra size today is like 36C or 34D depending on which country.

But anyway, it's good for VS to have a little bit of everything. Chanel and Karlie represent a certain type of woman and Adriana, Barbara and Candice and the old school girls represent another kind. They always have that beachy-Cali girl too like Erin Heatherton and Marisa Miller. Although I have to agree with the other posters that Karlie is the most polar end they've ever hand in their history *edited* I do believe that if she was somewhat lesser known like the way Candice was right before VS, then she wouldn't be working for them in any way.

Last edited by ckgirlbr; 25-12-2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Weight talk.

25-12-2012
goodbye kiss

Hey guys, weight talk is NOT permitted. Further comments that contain any kind of weight talk will be removed and members may be receive reminders or warnings. And please be respectful to other members. Thank you!

26-12-2012
fashion elite

FYI if you notice in the candid shots of the models shooting VS they wear a padded gel bra underneath!! I believe Arlenis was recently wearing one in candid fotos on her thread and Maryna's thread. They all wear this.

26-12-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisFashionMuse View Post
FYI if you notice in the candid shots of the models shooting VS they wear a padded gel bra underneath!! I believe Arlenis was recently wearing one in candid fotos on her thread and Maryna's thread. They all wear this.
Yes, that's standard for pretty much all swimwear shoots including SI. Swimsuits don't offer as much support as a bra and are generally more unflattering because they're not as structured! There are some shots that were published in SI where you can see the gel bra and I guess they forgot to photoshop it out.

26-12-2012
V.I.P.

VS

victoriassecret

26-12-2012
V.I.P.

4th and 5th shots are stunning

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, karlie, kloss, march, november