How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
14-11-2012
  61
V.I.P.
 
Nepenthes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greece
Gender: homme
Posts: 4,289
Her hair looks SO much better in these shots!! Beautiful shots with Coco and Jourdan!

 
 
14-11-2012
  62
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: May 2010
Gender: femme
Posts: 36,811
I love these glasses. Maybe someone can ID?

 
14-11-2012
  63
V.I.P.
 
@~PinkCouture~@'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,390

 
14-11-2012
  64
fashion insider
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,238
The comments in that video seem to be pretty negative towards Karlie. Why do most people hate her?

 
14-11-2012
  65
V.I.P.
 
Fashion1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 11,873
She looks like a school teacher at the Vogue Fashion Fund Awards
The negative comments are probably because some people are jealous and hateful morons.

 
14-11-2012
  66
fashion insider
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion1987 View Post
She looks like a school teacher at the Vogue Fashion Fund Awards
The negative comments are probably because some people are jealous and hateful morons.
Its most people actually, the highest comment on many video she's in are always negative, even at the Daily Mail. Why is that because the fashion world seems to be head over heels for her?

 
14-11-2012
  67
backstage pass
 
xoxoadore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Gender: femme
Posts: 696
can someone ID her glasses? they are gorgeous!

 
14-11-2012
  68
V.I.P.
 
dsamg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
Its most people actually, the highest comment on many video she's in are always negative, even at the Daily Mail. Why is that because the fashion world seems to be head over heels for her?
Because she is mainstream successful now. And with that comes unwarranted hate.

 
14-11-2012
  69
V.I.P.
 
Rosary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Rosario, Argentina
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniKiss View Post
I love these glasses. Maybe someone can ID?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoadore View Post
can someone ID her glasses? they are gorgeous!
Illesteva

 
14-11-2012
  70
fashion insider
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamg View Post
Because she is mainstream successful now. And with that comes unwarranted hate.
I know but other high fashion models who have gone mainstream especially through VS don't get a fraction of the hate Karlie gets. Like most people love Constance Jablonski, Bregje Heinen, Lais Ribeiro, Toni Garrn, Maryna Linkchuk, etc

The comments on this video are quite appalling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV8U17pk6Os#!


Last edited by Maximilian S; 14-11-2012 at 04:46 PM.
 
14-11-2012
  71
V.I.P.
 
dsamg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
I know but other high fashion models who have gone mainstream especially through VS don't get a fraction of the hate Karlie gets. Like most people love Constance Jablonski, Bregje Heinen, Lais Ribeiro, Toni Garrn, Maryna Linkchuk, etc

The comments on this video are quite appalling
http://youtu.be/eV8U17pk6Os
That's true. Maybe because she isn't beautiful in a mainstream sense of the word. So people who aren't into fashion struggle to comprehend what makes her so successful and they hate her because they maybe think she isn't deserving of her success.

Give me Karlie over Maryna or Toni any day.

 
14-11-2012
  72
fashion insider
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamg View Post
That's true. Maybe because she isn't beautiful in a mainstream sense of the word. So people who aren't into fashion struggle to comprehend what makes her so successful and they hate her because they maybe think she isn't deserving of her success.

Give me Karlie over Maryna or Toni any day.
I agree Maryna, Toni and the other girls are more beautiful in an obvious sort of way. Karlie is more successful in high fashion so I think she should stick with it rather than suffer all the negetivity and hate while going mainstream


Last edited by Maximilian S; 14-11-2012 at 05:04 PM.
 
14-11-2012
  73
front row
 
theBlueRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
I agree Maryna, Toni and the other girls are more beautiful in an obvious sort of way. Karlie is more successful in high fashion so I think she should stick with it rather than suffer all the negetivity and hate while going mainstream
You know, I think part of it is just what they're "suitable" for and what type of environment is most flattering for their features.

Karlie is very expressive and dramatic in a fashion way. She also has a lot of great shadows and contours in her facial bone structure and body. That type of stuff looks amazing with high fashion lighting, styling and theme. You can get really experimental with the lighting and makeup with Karlie.

But VS shoots have a more commercial light. It's less about shadows and contours and more about the girl, the features, the softness. That tends to be why commercial girls have a softer/reflective bone structure and fuller features(emily didonato, candice swanepoel, miranda kerr etc) than high fashion girls. It suits the lighting but of course there are some exceptions.

You can see the difference in other videos and photos too like some of Karlie's lingerie pics for VS. Her bone structure is a little too strong for the lighting as opposed to someone with a softer face with fuller features like Candice...and you see the difference again with Candice's high fashion stuff compared to Karlie's high fashion stuff. Many consumers haven't been exposed to Meisel, David Sims etc so that might be why they don't "get" Karlie.


Last edited by theBlueRider; 14-11-2012 at 05:23 PM.
 
14-11-2012
  74
fashion insider
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: London
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
You know, I think part of it is just what they're "suitable" for and what type of environment is most flattering for their features.

Karlie is very expressive and dramatic in a fashion way. She also has a lot of great shadows and contours in her facial bone structure and body. That type of stuff looks amazing with high fashion lighting, styling and theme. You can get really experimental with the lighting and makeup with Karlie.

But VS shoots have a more commercial light. It's less about shadows and contours and more about the girl, the features, the softness. That tends to be why commercial girls have a softer/reflective bone structure and fuller features(emily didonato, candice swanepoel, miranda kerr etc) than high fashion girls. It suits the lighting but of course there are some exceptions.

You can see the difference in other videos and photos too like some of Karlie's lingerie pics for VS. Her bone structure is a little too strong for the lighting as opposed to someone with a softer face with fuller features like Candice...and you see the difference again with Candice's high fashion stuff compared to Karlie's high fashion stuff. Many consumers haven't been exposed to Meisel, David Sims etc so that might be why they don't "get" Karlie.
I don't know the technical side of photography, lighting, bone structure and all that but I don't buy into that 'high fashion' or 'commercial' labels that are put on girls a lot nowadays. Don't you think if a girl is beautiful then she will look beautiful whether she's doing a campaign for Chanel or appearing on the SI cover? It is difficult to fathom that one can be absolutely beautiful for one type of job and an absolute failure for another but that seems to be a unique case in terms of Karlie while girls like Maryna, Toni are suitable for both types of 'environment' like you say

 
14-11-2012
  75
hors concours♛
 
michelabella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Gender: femme
Posts: 8,524
well maryna and co. are virtual unknowns to the general public so therefore of course its gonna seem like no one hates on them. they have not got near as much hype or publicity that karlie has. the more success and publicity a girl gets the haters multiply. most seem to want to root for the under dog, which karlie clearly isnt. well imo a model/celeb hasnt even arrived yet if he/she has no haters. lol
Posted via Mobile Device

 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, karlie, kloss, march, november
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.