How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-11-2012
V.I.P.

Her hair looks SO much better in these shots!! Beautiful shots with Coco and Jourdan!

14-11-2012
V.I.P.

I love these glasses. Maybe someone can ID?

14-11-2012
V.I.P.

14-11-2012
fashion insider

The comments in that video seem to be pretty negative towards Karlie. Why do most people hate her?

14-11-2012
V.I.P.

She looks like a school teacher at the Vogue Fashion Fund Awards
The negative comments are probably because some people are jealous and hateful morons.

14-11-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion1987 View Post
She looks like a school teacher at the Vogue Fashion Fund Awards
The negative comments are probably because some people are jealous and hateful morons.
Its most people actually, the highest comment on many video she's in are always negative, even at the Daily Mail. Why is that because the fashion world seems to be head over heels for her?

14-11-2012
backstage pass

can someone ID her glasses? they are gorgeous!

14-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
Its most people actually, the highest comment on many video she's in are always negative, even at the Daily Mail. Why is that because the fashion world seems to be head over heels for her?
Because she is mainstream successful now. And with that comes unwarranted hate.

14-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiniKiss View Post
I love these glasses. Maybe someone can ID?
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoadore View Post
can someone ID her glasses? they are gorgeous!
Illesteva

14-11-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamg View Post
Because she is mainstream successful now. And with that comes unwarranted hate.
I know but other high fashion models who have gone mainstream especially through VS don't get a fraction of the hate Karlie gets. Like most people love Constance Jablonski, Bregje Heinen, Lais Ribeiro, Toni Garrn, Maryna Linkchuk, etc

The comments on this video are quite appalling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV8U17pk6Os#!

Last edited by Maximilian S; 14-11-2012 at 04:46 PM.

14-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
I know but other high fashion models who have gone mainstream especially through VS don't get a fraction of the hate Karlie gets. Like most people love Constance Jablonski, Bregje Heinen, Lais Ribeiro, Toni Garrn, Maryna Linkchuk, etc

The comments on this video are quite appalling
http://youtu.be/eV8U17pk6Os
That's true. Maybe because she isn't beautiful in a mainstream sense of the word. So people who aren't into fashion struggle to comprehend what makes her so successful and they hate her because they maybe think she isn't deserving of her success.

Give me Karlie over Maryna or Toni any day.

14-11-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamg View Post
That's true. Maybe because she isn't beautiful in a mainstream sense of the word. So people who aren't into fashion struggle to comprehend what makes her so successful and they hate her because they maybe think she isn't deserving of her success.

Give me Karlie over Maryna or Toni any day.
I agree Maryna, Toni and the other girls are more beautiful in an obvious sort of way. Karlie is more successful in high fashion so I think she should stick with it rather than suffer all the negetivity and hate while going mainstream

Last edited by Maximilian S; 14-11-2012 at 05:04 PM.

14-11-2012
front row

Quote:
I agree Maryna, Toni and the other girls are more beautiful in an obvious sort of way. Karlie is more successful in high fashion so I think she should stick with it rather than suffer all the negetivity and hate while going mainstream
You know, I think part of it is just what they're "suitable" for and what type of environment is most flattering for their features.

Karlie is very expressive and dramatic in a fashion way. She also has a lot of great shadows and contours in her facial bone structure and body. That type of stuff looks amazing with high fashion lighting, styling and theme. You can get really experimental with the lighting and makeup with Karlie.

But VS shoots have a more commercial light. It's less about shadows and contours and more about the girl, the features, the softness. That tends to be why commercial girls have a softer/reflective bone structure and fuller features(emily didonato, candice swanepoel, miranda kerr etc) than high fashion girls. It suits the lighting but of course there are some exceptions.

You can see the difference in other videos and photos too like some of Karlie's lingerie pics for VS. Her bone structure is a little too strong for the lighting as opposed to someone with a softer face with fuller features like Candice...and you see the difference again with Candice's high fashion stuff compared to Karlie's high fashion stuff. Many consumers haven't been exposed to Meisel, David Sims etc so that might be why they don't "get" Karlie.

Last edited by theBlueRider; 14-11-2012 at 05:23 PM.

14-11-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
You know, I think part of it is just what they're "suitable" for and what type of environment is most flattering for their features.

Karlie is very expressive and dramatic in a fashion way. She also has a lot of great shadows and contours in her facial bone structure and body. That type of stuff looks amazing with high fashion lighting, styling and theme. You can get really experimental with the lighting and makeup with Karlie.

But VS shoots have a more commercial light. It's less about shadows and contours and more about the girl, the features, the softness. That tends to be why commercial girls have a softer/reflective bone structure and fuller features(emily didonato, candice swanepoel, miranda kerr etc) than high fashion girls. It suits the lighting but of course there are some exceptions.

You can see the difference in other videos and photos too like some of Karlie's lingerie pics for VS. Her bone structure is a little too strong for the lighting as opposed to someone with a softer face with fuller features like Candice...and you see the difference again with Candice's high fashion stuff compared to Karlie's high fashion stuff. Many consumers haven't been exposed to Meisel, David Sims etc so that might be why they don't "get" Karlie.
I don't know the technical side of photography, lighting, bone structure and all that but I don't buy into that 'high fashion' or 'commercial' labels that are put on girls a lot nowadays. Don't you think if a girl is beautiful then she will look beautiful whether she's doing a campaign for Chanel or appearing on the SI cover? It is difficult to fathom that one can be absolutely beautiful for one type of job and an absolute failure for another but that seems to be a unique case in terms of Karlie while girls like Maryna, Toni are suitable for both types of 'environment' like you say

14-11-2012
hors concours♛

well maryna and co. are virtual unknowns to the general public so therefore of course its gonna seem like no one hates on them. they have not got near as much hype or publicity that karlie has. the more success and publicity a girl gets the haters multiply. most seem to want to root for the under dog, which karlie clearly isnt. well imo a model/celeb hasnt even arrived yet if he/she has no haters. lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, karlie, kloss, march, november