How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

30-11-2011
hors concours♛

Karlie Kloss Spills On Her First Victoria's Secret Show: "Very Surreal, Very Cool Experience"

Quote:
Karlie Kloss made her big debut last night as an angel during the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. The 19-year-old model even got to close the show in the "Club Pink" section. Karlie spoke to reporters at the after party for the show about the whole experience!

Karlie revealed to OK! her favorite part of the show. "I got to dance with Adam [Levine], Kanye [West]," she said. "I did a little shimmy at the end. I have these amazing wings. As an American girl growing up watching the Victoria’s Secret show every year with three sisters this is a dream. These women set the ideal for beauty for American girls across the country and now to be one of those girls, the opportunity to be up there and to walk with the women I idolized growing up it was a very surreal, very cool experience."

Who was her favorite model growing up? She told OK! "Oh my god, Gisele of course! Gisele is the ultimate."

Was there any pressure walking in one of the most famous runway shows in the world? Karlie told reporters, "I don’t think so. Actually, to be honest, I have respect for the girls who are by no means old but came before me. All of these iconic women Adriana [Lima], Alessandra [Ambrosio], Miranda [Kerr], these supermodels who had babies."

"Miranda had her son a couple months ago, she looks amazing. Like in better shape than I could ever dream of. I don’t know, I don’t think age has anything to do with it, I decided that if Victoria has a secret these girls know it. the angels know the secret so I have to find out what that secret is."

Karlie also told reporters the key to being an angel! "I think the main thing is that being a Victoria’s Secret angel is that they look for girls that shine from the inside and that’s something that every one of the angels on that runway has, inner confidence and a joy. You have to be that from the inside and I think that’s why the show is so much fun. Everyone has fun out there."
http://www.okmagazine.com/news/karli...ool-experience

30-11-2011
V.I.P.

30-11-2011
fashion insider

lovely girl and a great walk
she deserves to be an angel

30-11-2011
V.I.P.

^ Yup, and so much of that position is PR; the various top VS Girls are on the local NY news shows non-stop, and Karlie's personality is awesome- she is perfect for the job!!

01-12-2011
tfs star

vogue.it

01-12-2011
front row

Goodness gracious. Them abs are INSANE.

I think other than that derriere in the last shot (dare to dream, VI), it's fairly realistic to her body and she has a very interesting frame. Extra strength was the right name.

01-12-2011
front row

here is her editorial

BODY BY KLOSS - Vogue Italia December 2011
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Model: Karlie Kloss
Source: vogue.it

01-12-2011
tfs star

Wow, she has turned into a beautiful woman!!!

I think we need to be ready for our next Gisele Bundchen, this girl is going to be everywhere, she is the next biggggg thing.

VS loves her, and they made sure that everyone knew it, they had her own small segment at the show, and her three outfits, not to mention she closed the show.

This was definitely her year along with Joan Smalls.

She's almost like a combination of both Daria Werbowy and Gisele Bundchens young careers.

01-12-2011
front row

I was NOT expecting that editorial. Really striking even though part of me still thinks of Karlie as the 14 year old she used to be instead of the 19 year old she is now.

01-12-2011
V.I.P.

i like that editorial.

01-12-2011
V.I.P.

BIGGER

[vogue.it]

01-12-2011
V.I.P.

i don't like some of the nude shots but that last one is brilliant, her body is banging.

01-12-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualoptimism View Post
i don't like some of the nude shots but that last one is brilliant, her body is banging.
Agreed on both accounts.

01-12-2011
V.I.P.

Are those abs painted on? They're amazing!

01-12-2011
V.I.P.

OH My God. she's grown up. so weird seeing her nude, but must say she looks awesome, what a body, it's incredibly toned and chunky.
i'm always thinking recently that okay, she's on the top now, and then she surprise me again like with this editorial, she's gonna be a superstar!

Last edited by coco vaughn; 01-12-2011 at 04:46 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, december, karlie, kloss, september