How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-02-2012
fashion insider

Make-up & hair are fantastic Love the shoes, the dress not so much...You're right happycanadian about the middle part....

08-02-2012
V.I.P.

the dress is Alexander Wang Pre-Fall, which explains its design....

Last edited by liberty33r1b; 08-02-2012 at 01:49 PM.

08-02-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
any more details? that's just so vague, urban! haha. where'd you hear this info?

my bad
from the ad campaigns thread

the limited s/s 2012- karolina kurkova

I actualy love her outfit, her red carpet style is never generic model style she always pushes the envelope

09-02-2012
backstage pass

Karolina Kurkova attends amfAR's New York gala benefit at Cipriani Wall Street on Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2012 in New York.

daylife

09-02-2012
V.I.P.

^hmmm not loving this dress either and the shoes look strange with it but anything is an improvement over the A.Wang hideousness of the other night,:p I really dont get the hype on him.

09-02-2012
V.I.P.

another pretty weird looking outfit, it's even worse than the last one...

09-02-2012
V.I.P.

While I liked that Wang dress, this look does nothing for me. Think it may be a rare misstep for KK.

09-02-2012
backstage pass

HQ's

tlfan

09-02-2012
V.I.P.

I like the hairstyle and make-up but the dress is failure.

09-02-2012
V.I.P.

Karolina's shot in VMan by Willy Vanderperre

styleite

09-02-2012
fashion insider

as for:
mfAR's New York gala benefit at Cipriani Wall Street on Wednesday

wow wow, I like this dress!!! the shoes are soo cool blue color = great color! and hair &make-up soo great!

Last edited by avoocadoo; 09-02-2012 at 02:33 PM.

09-02-2012
V.I.P.

Miss December. (you know what they say, gotta save the best for last. )

and i actually really love the Cipriani event dress. i think it looks comfortable and sexy and showing off those legs. the boots are SMOKIN' HOT. hair and makeup on point. yeah - i can dig this look!

09-02-2012
V.I.P.

apparently KK made a speech of some sort during the CFDA event. she's got a lot of press at the moment.

'I was 24 and going through menopause': Supermodel Karolina Kurkova reveals how thyroid problem caused 30lb weight gain and panic attacks

By Daisy Dumas

Last updated at 1:16 AM on 9th February 2012 She is known for her come-hither lips and blonde locks.
But Karolina Kurkova has been through a far more private and less glamorous personal journey, she revealed yesterday.
Speaking with the Council of Fashion Designers of America at their A Well Balanced Life forum yesterday, the Czech model, 27, said that she had just had 'a little procedure' that had left her feeling emotional.

Model figure: Karolina Kurkova revealed that she had a premature menopause because of a thyroid problem three years ago

According to New York Magazine, the Victoria's Secret Angel explained that she 'didn’t know how big [the procedure] was going to be' and that it was related to a thyroid problem.
The magazine said that she emotionally revealed that she gained 30lbs from the problem three years ago - and that a side-effect was 'going through menopause' aged just 24.

'I thought I was going crazy' she said to the panel and guests. 'I was having panic attacks every minute and I didn’t know what was happening, because I’ve been a healthy person. I’ve exercised all my life. I’ve always eaten well and taken care of myself.'
Though her agency, IMG, did not respond to requests for confirmation of her condition, slender and toned Ms Kurkova now seems a picture of health - the former Victoria's Secret model, despite her hypothyroidism and its worrying side-effects, went on to have a baby in October 2009.

The 5ft 11in gazelle told the panel that, growing up, she 'was the one who stood out', reports Huffington Post. Landing the cover of Vogue at just 16-years-old was a salutary lesson that 'being different is OK,' she said.

The high-powered gathering of fashion names, including Anna Wintour, Arianna Huffington, Elettra Rosellini Weidemann and jeweller, Monique Pťan, joined forces to discuss the importance of health in the fashion industry - particularly when it comes to models and the pressures placed upon their figures.

Angelic: Karolina Kurkova, left, models for Victoria's Secret alongside Tyra Banks in 2003, years before developing hypothyroidism. She attended a CFDA panel discussing health in modelling

Ms Weidemann, 28, the model-turned-restauranteur daughter of Isabella Rosellini, told MailOnline that the team discussed healthy eating, eating disorders and the importance of a balanced approach to a career in modelling.
'It's important to develop an identity outside of the industry,' she said, adding that 'self-definition' for models should not be all about the modelling world. Whether it's art, music or studying, she said that models should have a back-up plan to help them realise there is more to life than the job.
'I was having panic attacks every minute and I didn’t know what was happening, because I’ve been a healthy person'

She said that runway modelling tends to be the preserve of the younger models and to that end, she spoke to the panel about the need for a mentor - in her case, her father - to provide grounding and inspiration.

The forum follows the release of a set of health guidelines by the CFDA at the end of January.

A memo from Diane von Furstenberg, chair of the Council, stipulated, among other points, that designers should 'supply healthy meals, snacks, and water backstage and at shoots and provide nutrition and fitness education' and 'promote a healthy backstage environment by raising the awareness of the impact of smoking and tobacco-related disease among women, ensuring a smoke-free environment, and address underage drinking by prohibiting alcohol.'

10-02-2012
V.I.P.

Paris Fashion Week S/S 2011

trendycrew

11-02-2012
V.I.P.

US Vogue March 2012 via surrealseven
Quote:
Vision Quest

Photographed by : Peter Lindbergh
Styling by : Tabitha Simmons
Models : Liu Wen, Kasia Struss, Karolina Kurkova, Joan Smalls, Cara Delevigne & Fei Fei Sun
Quote:
Tisci's Time

Photographed by : Annie Leibovitz
Styling by : Camilla Nickerson
Models : Liv Tyler, Riccardo Tisci, Karolina Kurkova, Kanye West, Florence Welch & Liya Kebede

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2013, february, karolina, kurkova, november