How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-02-2012
V.I.P.

oooh!! very exciting to see KK in two VOGUE editorials this month!! can't wait to see the result!

11-02-2012
tfs star

Imo the Vman pin up calendar is mostly a styling disaster, but Karolina`s face looks better than anyone else`s in those ridiculous poses and outfits. Others looked as awkward as their styling.

11-02-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

cant wait to see her in Vogue! 2 eds woow!

11-02-2012
V.I.P.

ok is it safe to said she is back in Anna good side lol(Cant wait either)

11-02-2012
fashion insider

good news!

11-02-2012
hors concours♛

At Alexander Wang

@MACcosmetics Supermodel moment backstage @AlexanderWangNY: Gisele, Shalom, Karolina. Oh mai.

11-02-2012
V.I.P.

backstage at Alexander Wang right now!

twitter/jessprince1

11-02-2012
V.I.P.

Alexander Wang F/W 2012/13

nowfashion

11-02-2012
V.I.P.

Alexander Wang F/W 12 NYC

style.com

12-02-2012
V.I.P.

I didn't even recognize her during the show and kept wondering where she was

12-02-2012
backstage pass

Karolina Kurkova walks the runway at Alexander Wang Fall 2012 fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at Pier 94 on February 11, 2012 in New York City.

daylife

12-02-2012
V.I.P.

^Looove that pic, thats alot of Supermodel power in one shot, and her and Gisele are so cute.Love her jacket in the Wang bs shots, any more pics of it? Really excited for VMan and Vogue shots

12-02-2012
V.I.P.

Alexander Wang F/W 12.13 New York HQ

vogue.it

stylebistro

13-02-2012
V.I.P.

so cool to see all those girls together again!!

here's a really great article and an opportunity to congratulate KK!

her cover of VOGUE Brazil was the best selling issue in THIRTY-SIX YEARS. that's epic.

A Vogue brasileira mais vendida de todos os tempos

Por REDAÇÃO - 10/02/2012
Compartilhar31
(4)

Vogue tem (mais um) ótimo motivo para comemorar. O relatório do IVC (instituto que verifica a circulação das revistas) traz a ótima notícia de que batemos pela segunda vez em seis meses nosso recorde de vendas. A edição de novembro de 2011, dedicada ao Rio de Janeiro e protagonizada pela top tcheca Karolina Kurkova (que posou para as lentes de J.R. Duran num divertido ensaio ensinando como se tornar uma carioca), atingiu a marca de 70.991 exemplares vendidos (e auditados!): 56.179 comprados em bancas e no varejo, e 14.812 para assinantes.
Antes, em julho, já havíamos batido recorde com a edição estrelada por Gisele Bündchen, no Amazonas, com quatro capas diferentes, que vendeu 70.743 exemplares.
Os dois recordes quase consecutivos refletem o crescimento consistente e impressionante de Vogue ao longo do último ano, com aumento de 21% na circulação de exemplares.
Não é à toa que o baile de gala da revista, que acontece nesta sexta (10.02) no hotel Unique, em SP, já nasce como o mais animado – e esperado – dos últimos tempos. Tá todo mundo querendo comemorar!

13-02-2012
V.I.P.

and another fascinating read that gives some insight into KK's aspirations:

Is There Life After Modeling?

Karolina Kurkova, Angela Lindvall, and Coco Rocha plot the future of their relevance.

ShareThis

here are some highlights:

Quote:
High above New York on the 21st-floor balcony of the Cooper Square Hotel, German television is filming Karolina Kurkova teaching ten aspiring models how to walk a runway. “It literally looks like we’re walking on skyscrapers!” the Czech native, 27, says in enthusiastic English that later will be partially dubbed over in German. The girls, plucked from a Deutschland-wide search, at least pretend to understand.
Battling stiff winds and language barriers, Kurkova demonstrates three runway walks: high fashion, couture, and “show,” which basically means pretending to wear giant Victoria’s Secret wings—a technique in which Kurkova is quite expert. Then, to the delight of the Teutonic producers, she gets her heel stuck between floor slats. Her fumbling to free herself is a moment that, along with the many times she bursts into tears eliminating girls, will be played on repeat in stridently dramatic European promos.
The show, called Das Perfekte Model (The Perfect Model), is Kurkova’s first step toward building the kind of career that keeps a model in the spotlight after shoots have dried up. The greatest post-modeling successes in the past decade have been Heidi Klum and Tyra Banks. And not surprisingly, Kurkova and her producers are billing Das Perfekte Model as a toned-down, “documentary-style” counterpart to Klum’s second-best-known TV-hosting gig: the megahit Germany’s Next Topmodel (itself derived from Banks’s Top Model juggernaut).

Quote:
When Jay-Z was seeking a big name to co-host an after-party for his Carnegie Hall benefit concerts last week, he called Karolina Kurkova. Her brand equity is model as entertainer, the person to turn to when you want to spike enthusiasm at some fancy event. It comes from growing up as a five-eleven teenager, she says. “I was never the girl the boys wanted to date. Being funny was my shtick.” The morning of Jay-Z’s party, Kurkova, mother to Tobin, 2, excitedly (and graphically) showed me the breast-feeding techniques she planned to teach the rapper that night for Blue Ivy.

Quote:
Kurkova became one of the youngest Vogue cover girls ever at age 16, two years after a friend had sent her photo to a modeling agency in Prague. She later beat out Angelina Jolie as E!’s Sexiest Woman in the World. If anyone can improve upon the example of Heidi Klum, it’s probably her. And she’s been trying very hard to reignite her international presence. In the past year, she’s been on the cover of five Vogue magazines around the world. Her Vogue Brazil was the highest-selling cover in the magazine’s history, better even than the one with Gisele.

Quote:
Except that beyond TV, Kurkova can’t articulate what’s next. Maybe a baby line, maybe a beauty line, maybe singing. “You have to live in the moment,” she says. “Not everything you can plan.” This is not flakiness, says Ivan Bart, who runs Kurkova’s agency, IMG Models: “A lot of models like to talk about what they’re going to do, but then they expect someone else to do it. They’re like, ‘I want to write a book!’ And then three days later they’re like, ‘Where’s my book?’ Karolina knows that if she wants to write a book, she has to write the damn book.”

and the link to the original article so y'all can read it in its entirety:
http://nymag.com/fashion/12/spring/top-models-2012-2/

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2013, february, karolina, kurkova, november