How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-09-2012
V.I.P.

That shot of her in Givenchy on her showcard is killer, love it. And love seeing her at Posen that blue dress is lovely on her

12-09-2012
V.I.P.

In New York, September 9, 2012

luthfimentary.blogspot.co.il

12-09-2012
V.I.P.

ooooooh that's a glam look!!

also -- did anyone know that KK is now blogging for PEOPLE Magazine!

Karolina Kurkova’s Fashion Week Blog: Walking the Runway, Meeting Naomi and More

Say hello to Karolina Kurkova! The supermodel (and mom) is sharing her New York Fashion Week experiences with PEOPLE, filling us in on her adventures as she hits a few shows and films her new reality series, The Face, with Naomi Campbell and Coco Rocha. Today, Kurkova tells us all about her evening at Fashion’s Night Out — and her experience at the fairytale Zac Posen runway show.

Zac’s show is the only show I’ll be doing in New York City because we’re filming — but luckily, this show was really beautiful. I didn’t even feel like we were in New York; it felt like Paris, being outside on the balcony at Avery Fisher Hall. The whole energy and atmosphere was almost like going back in time — the hair, the makeup, clothes, music. I felt like we were all movie stars, that we were all actresses who were nominated or winning an Oscar.

I loved my dress. Zac had a very specific vision for me — he wanted me to be Grace Kelly. The first fitting I did, he had that blue dress (left) specifically picked for me; I was the first girl to do a fitting, and he said I had to wear that dress because it was a perfect fit for me. And I did feel like a modern-day Grace Kelly.

The hair had some romance, but it was actually quite strong, modern and beautiful. I loved the makeup, too, with the strong eyebrow and fake lashes. Everybody looked gorgeous.

I got to Avery Fisher Hall about three hours before the show for hair and makeup; I don’t like to rush. It was fun to see everybody backstage, talk to everyone. It’s like a whole family coming back together. Naomi Campbell walked, too; I’ve been working with Naomi on The Face for a couple of days now, so we’re used to being around each other, but every time she walks into a room, she definitely causes people to look.

I spent Fashion’s Night Out at rag & bone (left), and it was so much fun! I love FNO, because that’s when New York comes alive; you see the streets fill with people, and it’s a great energy — a cool mix of celebrities, designers, musicians, artists, students. It’s an incredible vibe.

I like the rag & bone guys (Marcus Wainwright and David Neville) a lot. I did their campaign last year, where I got to direct myself, and they design clothes that are easy and edgy, cool yet wearable. (She got cheeky with fashion photographer (and The Face costar) Nigel Barker, too!)

As for The Face, I’ve been working with Naomi and Coco for a couple of days, filming for long hours. We’re having a great time, though. I can’t say too much — filming is confidential — but it’s going to be great, and exciting, and dramatic — everything it should be. It’s serious and hard, but fun, too. I can’t wait for people to see it next year!

–Karolina Kurkova

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.co...ova-zac-posen/

15-09-2012
V.I.P.

Zac Posen S/S 13 New York
Detail

stylebistro

15-09-2012
V.I.P.

Gorgeous closeup
..I think she will walk for Cavalli in Milan, what do you guys think?

15-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Backstage at #TheFace, September 2012

poplipps.com

15-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Yesterday, on set for The Face, it was brought to my attention that my legs are slightly longer than others.

facebook Karolina Kurkova

15-09-2012
V.I.P.

omg soooo stunning in that bright blue dress!

18-09-2012
V.I.P.

Fashion Targets Breast Cancer t-shirt campaign

http://modelinia.com/blog/bulls-eye-...the-cfda/40908

modelinia.com

18-09-2012
backstage pass

Karolina Kurkova and family go for a stroll in Tribeca on September 9, 2012
HQ's

tlfan.to

18-09-2012
V.I.P.

here's another article from yahoo about KK doing the breast cancer campaign

Karolina Kurkova is the face of the 2012 Fashion Targets Breast Cancer campaign.
The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) launched the initiative in 1994 as a way of raising awareness and funds to aid breast cancer research.
Karolina will feature in promotional material, wearing the T-shirt emblazoned with the circle logo initially created by Ralph Lauren.
“We are excited to have Karolina as the face of this campaign,” CFDA chief executive officer Steven Kolb said. “She looks amazing wearing the FTBC Worldwide tee. Her support leads our industry’s effort as we raise funds for breast cancer programs around the globe.”
The image was shot by Greg Lotus, with the T-shirt costing $34.99 and available to buy online. All proceeds will be donated to the fund.
Karolina spoke about why she wanted to be involved.
“As a woman and a mother, I am proud to give a voice to the one in eight women of all ages affected by breast cancer in their lifetime,” she said. “By purchasing the Fashion Targets Breast Cancer T-shirt, you too, can lend your support to raise awareness and funds for patients, their families, and friends. And, it’s a fashionable reminder to get an annual check-up!”

21-09-2012
V.I.P.

2012 New York City Ballet Fall Gala - Sept. 20, 2012

tlfan.to (posted by Gollum)

21-09-2012
V.I.P.

tlfan.to (posted by Gollum)

21-09-2012
trendsetter

Love her!!Look fantasy!

21-09-2012
V.I.P.

utterly gorgeous. that's how you do SHOWSTOPPING. she seriously looks like a goddess.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, 2013, february, karolina, kurkova, november