How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-02-2012
trendsetter

Ouch indeed! But... It's kind of the truth

14-02-2012
backstage pass

I don't like to sound like a hater, but I completely agree. That cover is pretty lackluster compared to previous years, and while she's really good-looking she's not supermodel attractive. Compare her body to Bar's and it's just not even close, and her face is just ordinary girl-next-door.

14-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by head modelizer View Post
And they interviewed Sophia Neophitou who casts VS runway show:

“We would never use” Ms. Upton for a Victoria’s Secret show, Ms. Neophitou said by telephone last week from London. And, while Ms. Upton has, in fact, modeled on occasion for the company’s catalog, her look, said Ms. Neophitou, is “too obvious” to be featured in what has become the most widely viewed runway show in the world.
“She’s like a Page 3 girl,” Ms. Neophitou said, referring to the scantily clad voluptuous women featured in The Sun, a London tabloid. “She’s like a footballer’s wife, with the too-blond hair and that kind of face that anyone with enough money can go out and buy.”

Ouch! All told a smart choice for SI though, this girl can definitely get press.
Ouch is right, but unfortunately I kind of agree... Kate is pretty, but she's not drop dead gorgeous. I guess she has the blonde hair, big boobs, sex bomb thing going on, but I don't really understand the appeal of that. In her more recent work, I think that Kate comes off more trashy than classy too.

Last edited by wickedcrazyness; 14-02-2012 at 05:09 PM.
14-02-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedcrazyness View Post
Ouch is right, but unfortunately I kind of agree... Kate is pretty, but she's not drop dead gorgeous. I guess she has the blonde hair, big boobs, sex bomb thing going on, but I don't really understand the appeal of that. In her more recent work, I think that Kate comes off more trashy than classy too.
IA! She looks like the cute girl in math class that might dance on tables in her spare time, which I guess is part of her appeal. :p But Wickedcrazyness, the beauty in YOUR icon-- Cintia! -- should have been the cover girl instead! And with luck, they wouldn't have turned Cintia into that horrible, overly photoshopped mess they turned Kate Upton into!

Seriously, it looks less like she's flirting with us than like she's asking us if we'd like to give her a gynecological exam. The more I look at that cover, the less I like it. Fried looking bleached hair, a sub-Pam-Anderson expression, breasts that look like bolted pancakes due to that godawful bikini top, a pair of bikini bottoms that look like they're being wedged into her lower half... ugh! Who would find that attractive?!

14-02-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

shes hot too bad SI used a terrible image for the cover. She is gonna be on the cash list soon though her look is very marketable to Americans

14-02-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

wow that VS lady might have gone overboard with her comments...what happened to we cant use her, her look doesnt work for us which is not even true since they style girls like Doutzen, Rosie and others to look like American bombshells

14-02-2012
front row

Ugh, I just cannot like her. She reminds me so much of the girls I went to high school with who got boob jobs after graduation so they could become "models." There are so many other girls that would have been better (Anne V, Bar, Cintia, and what happened to Esti?)

fashion icon

So I guess this cover will keep her relevant for another year.

14-02-2012
front row

That cover is awful. It's like they purposefully chose a photo that emphasized all of her bad parts and then distorted and photoshopped to hell her good parts.

I don't particularly like her at all, but it's not like she's not pretty, she's just more college bar pretty than what we're used to here. I think long term if she wants her career to last she'll need to put more effort in the gym, but I think her face holds makeup and glam styling suits her and there's nothing wrong with being that type of model. It's a hard line to walk between Playmate and Sex Bomb but eh. Good for her getting it while she can.

front row

That cover is awful!

17-02-2012
V.I.P.

Kate Upton - Club SI Swimsuit hosted by Pure Nightclub at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas - February 16, 2012 - tlfan

17-02-2012
V.I.P.

tlfan

17-02-2012
V.I.P.

^ Yeah- to me she is more like a Penthouse Pet or something...Cintia would have been excellent..

17-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Hot To Trot
Photography Sebastian Faena

Fashion Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele
Text Elliott David

MEGAMODEL AND EQUESTRIENNE KATE UPTON IS TAKING THE FASHION WORLD BY STORM

Who’s to say what qualifies as sport? Modeling could be considered a sport: it’s performance-based, highly competitive, demands an elite physique, and is a billion-dollar industry. Let’s say you buy into that idea (which, now that we’re thinking about it: Olympic modeling?), we could then say that 19-year-old model Kate Upton ranks among the top athletes in the world. That, and she’s also a five-time equestrienne champion for the American Paint Horse Association.

Born in Michigan and raised in Melbourne, Florida, Upton’s town’s claim to fame is professional surfer Kelly Slater, who also grew up there. But it wasn’t the local bro sport that enticed Upton. “While I was growing up, I wasn’t a great swimmer,” she says. “But my sister and I were obsessed with horses. We took lessons and kept getting better. We kept going to the next level.” After being discovered by a model agent at the young age of 12, Upton evacuated the stables to become a show pony herself.

Eventually she moved to Miami, and, like any athlete with that innate, destiny-implicating gift, she was booked every day for two and a half weeks, convincing her mother of her potential success. She finished high school via online courses. “People were always like, that’s a lot of responsibility, how could you start so young?” she says. “But I had my own horse, I mucked its stall every day, it was my responsibility. So taking care of myself or another animal was my daily routine.”

Swimsuit Michael Kors
Earrings Kenneth Jay Lane
vmagazine.com

17-02-2012
fashion icon

She isn't taking the fashion world by storm, more like the men's magazine world how silly for V Magazine to write that

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
kate, upton