How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-10-2012
V.I.P.

gorgeous in that editorial. thanks for posting! the black n white "over-the-shoulder" is my fav.

25-10-2012
front row

Oh my. I just went back and watched the GQ video by Terry Richardson....her body is really horrible. Yes she has boobs but she has no butt and no waist...she's a box from the chest down.

26-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfhommes View Post
Oh my. I just went back and watched the GQ video by Terry Richardson....her body is really horrible. Yes she has boobs but she has no butt and no waist...she's a box from the chest down.
Even though you're allowed to express your negative personal opinions here as long as you don't make them on a regular basis... I'd like to say that there are certain ways to express our ideas without sounding rude or hurtful. I know probably Kate will never read your comment... but how would you feel if someone calls your body horrible? Regarding your opinion on Kate's body, it's obvious that most of the most influential people of the fashion world would disagree with you (Anna Wintour, Carine Roitfeld, Michael Kors, Terry R... the list goes on), but still I don't think that's the correct way to express a negative opinion about someone else's body.

Last edited by Legolas; 26-10-2012 at 04:45 PM.
26-10-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfhommes View Post
I just think she needs to tone up a bit. She'd have so much more potential imo.

Last edited by Psylocke; 29-10-2012 at 06:46 AM. Reason: edited for weight talk
26-10-2012
V.I.P.

frankly, to say that she has a "horrible" body is, in equal measure: idiotic; absurd and delusional.

regardless of YOUR particular taste in bodies, she's an extremely famous model, making millions of dollars selling SWIMSUITS and BIKINIS. her body is everything! haha. she's an SI Covergirl! in the entire history of modelling, there have only ever been about 50 of them. she's lusted after by straight men all over North America (and i'm sure elsewhere). and continually ranks as one of the Sexiest Women in the World in all sorts of magazines. her body is perfectly fine, thanks.

V.I.P.

No need to attack other posters so rudely.

I agree with xoxoadore. I have never understood the bid deal about her body, but I agree that if she toned up a bit it would look amazing.

26-10-2012
V.I.P.

i'm sorry if you were somehow indirectly offended, *Kristina*, but i don't think i was being rude in the slightest, nor did i "attack" the original poster whatsoever. i simply stated that regardless of his opinion, she is viewed by the vast majority of people as having a very enviable body (a fact. supported by her rise to fame as a swimsuit model, for which success is in great measure - by sheer definition of this kind of modeling - due to her figure). So to make such a blanket statement as "her body is horrible" is ridiculous.

fashion elite

*Edited for weight talk, which is not allowed.*

She is lusted by men because of her breasts get real everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you are gonna dance like tramp in a Terry R video expose your boobs men are going to lust...
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by BetteT; 30-10-2012 at 01:36 PM.
26-10-2012
fashion elite

here she is all in her glory no photoshop Source: zimbio
Posted via Mobile Device

27-10-2012
trendsetter

It's the boobs and her cute face.

27-10-2012
V.I.P.

I am a Kate proponent and I will admit that she does not have model proportions and it is not simply that she has big boobs. However I think that her proportion issues are compensated for because she does have good modeling skills - she is a good poser, has good eye intensity and confidence - skills / talents that many fashion models who are top walkers and have shot numerous eds and campaigns have not mastered as well as Kate. But yeah a stylist cannot just put her in "anything" and she will probably have a higher proportion of unusable shots on her roll than the typical fashion model because something will probably be sticking out that shouldn't. It should be noted that the photographers, stylists, designers and editors that she is dealing with work with celebrities and older models all the time, most of whom don't have model proportions either.

At the end of the day I don't think it matters that much because of the path that she is on, she's a model but she is being booked, not simply as a clotheshanger in a fashion editorial, "Kate Upton" the person / "it girl" is also a key angle.

Last edited by agee; 27-10-2012 at 06:15 AM.
27-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Behind the scenes photo from yesterday shoot @jeaninelobell , October 26, 2012

twitter Kate Upton

27-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Another behind the scenes photo from my @vmagazine shoot , October 2012

twitter Kate Upton

27-10-2012
V.I.P.