How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-10-2012
V.I.P.

Vogue Italia November 2012
Ph: Steven Meisel

vogue.it

29-10-2012
backstage pass

wow a Vogue Italia cover, this is impressive, would have never though she would get this far tbh

29-10-2012
V.I.P.

Kate Upton attends EPIX presents the premiere of "Everything or Nothing The Untold Story of 007" October 3, 2012 in New York City - tlfan.to

29-10-2012
V.I.P.

Kate Upton walking with her dog in New York City - October 10, 2012 - tlfan.to

29-10-2012
V.I.P.

Kate Upton 2012-10-12 - Casting By premiere after-party in New York - Celebrity-paradise.com

29-10-2012
fashion insider

I still can't get over how beautiful her US VOGUE editorial is. My eyes have been on this girl since her Dooney and Bourke days!

fashion icon

I feel like busty woman shouldn't wear strapless dresses like the one Kate is wearing in the last set of pics. It's just not flattering. It doesn't fit well or give her any support.

29-10-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikChick View Post
It's the boobs and her cute face.
This sums it up. *edited8 Luckily for her, her boobs are crazy awesome and the current trend in America is for voluptuous women (thanks in part to the popularity of Mad Men but also simply because Americans have gotten really fat over the last few decades).

As a straight man and a boob man, I completely understand why she's popular. But there are dozens if not hundreds of working models who are not household names but who are much, much hotter than her.

Last edited by BetteT; 30-10-2012 at 02:35 PM.
29-10-2012
tfs star

The majority of you taking time out of your day to comment on Ms. Upton's thread are *Edited* but she is commanding covers of Vogue Italia, Sports Illustrated, Carine Roitfeld's first independent publication, Muse, and multiple editions of GQ. Carine Roitfeld, Steven Meisel and Anna Wintour have given her their blessing, which is proof enough that she has more versatility than your "high fashion" favourite.

At the end of the day, she'll be making millions - more than most runway queens, who will never be more than a mannequin - by taking advantage of her versatility and running with the fame that a Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition cover gave her. If you can't respect that *edited* , you need to reevaluate your mindset and choice of words.

It doesn't matter if she's *edited* "high fashion." She's successful and beautiful and is doing better than pretty much everyone in both industries. I think my humble pie is done baking, so I'm out.

Last edited by BetteT; 30-10-2012 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Weight talk not allowed on tFS.
29-10-2012
V.I.P.

... I not understand how she can be so vulgar in magazines like GQ and simultaneously be sophisticated like the Vogue US editorial and the Vogue Italia cover.

29-10-2012
hors concours♛

rolling stone usa next? been waiting for a model to land that gig again for ages now. rooting for that and us vogue in the near future. i havent seen this much double sided reaction since gisele tbh...which cant be a bad thing in a "supermodeless" world. at least she can get ppl talkin. her career is becoming increasingly fun to watch. im beyond sick of actresses and singers taking all the models covers for well over a decade now. go kate!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by michelabella; 29-10-2012 at 07:44 PM.
29-10-2012
front row

She looks great in that strapless dress. She just needs to wear a strapless bra under it. That's all.

I am also surprised by the amount of body shaming on Kate. It's really comforting to see someone like her go so far just like there are other models who were too different and rejected at the beginning.

I'm hoping that Kate is a game-changer and agencies start scouting more girls like her.
I think everyone here forgets that fashion goes through cycles and there is no set formula for what a model can be and cannot be. People here are upset that Kate deviates from the norm and call hair dime a dozen but there are tons of top 50 fashion girls who many people would consider Plain Jane if not for a spectacular walk, posing etc.

Masculine faces and androgynous bodies are what we've been seeing for a very long time. Kate is the opposite with a softer, feminine face and a body. That works too just like it did in the late 80s and 90s and early 2000s. Why is it so bad to see it again?

29-10-2012
V.I.P.

I wasn't a fan of Kate at first but she's slowly winning me over. Her Vogue US spread is stellar and even though I don't love her VI cover, it's still very impressive that she's gotten this far. So I applaud her. Looking forward to her VI editorial.

30-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subway 123 View Post
Vogue Italia November 2012
Ph: Steven Meisel
vogue.it
Bigger

facebook PONY RYDER

30-10-2012
V.I.P.

MODERATORS' NOTE:

Please remember that talk about weight, size or body proportion is considered "weight talk" iand is not allowed anywhere on tFS.

So, please be careful and steer around the subject of her body. You may mention that she her "type" is voluptuous, but do not make size or shape comparisons to "fashion" models.

Posts will be removed and if it continues, it could impact membership privileges.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
kate, upton