How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmax View Post
In this thread so much hate/jealousy i don't even know how to call it. Why? Grow up people.
I quite like her sometimes actually, if you read all of my previous most I have only said positive things of her... but I can't look at the bright side when watching that preview, ... growing up it's also about not being biased, and let's be honest... it sucks! ... hard.

Last edited by Legolas; 03-02-2013 at 01:34 PM.

08-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
CREW SHOT @TerriA_makeup @vanessagringer @KateUpton 1:30 am looking HOT! February 8, 2013

twitter Peter Butler

08-02-2013
V.I.P.

Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition 2013

phenobarbie @ bellazon.com

08-02-2013
fashion elite

Lmao! Wow even more hideous cover than last year.. not gonna say anything about her body either
Posted via Mobile Device

08-02-2013
.my prison is your brain.

Her head is the same size as her boobs, maybe smaller Sooo cheesy. Rock on SI, rock on.

08-02-2013
V.I.P.

this is sooo embarrassing! well her adobe pthoshop "TeTas" is the only one highlight for her libidinous/horny fans....

V.I.P.

The photo looks like it was taken in front of a green screen :/

08-02-2013
trendsetter

Awful cover.

fashion elite

Opinions on the cover aside, isn't it really rare (like unheard of) for a model to get the cover twice? And its consecutive covers!

Thats power ladies and gentleman.

hors concours♛

yes Tyra Banks was the last model to do so. ^

front row

That photo is horrible. And giving her the cover twice when you have people like Palvin, Rhoda, Kroes, Vilkeviciute, etc. on the backburner? Doesn't make any sense. These guys aren't even trying. They're just counting on drunk fratboys to up sales of the issue, while remaining oblivious to the further cheapening and eventual inconsequence of their brand.

08-02-2013
rising star

twitter.com/SI_Swimsuit

08-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decalion View Post
These guys aren't even trying. They're just counting on drunk fratboys to up sales of the issue, while remaining oblivious to the further cheapening and eventual inconsequence of their brand.
One thing to realize is that SI Swimsuit is a mainstream magazine. In order to make as much money as possible, they cater to the mainstream audience, which happens to like stuff like this. It may cheapen the brand and make it inconsequential in the eyes of fashion people, but it doesn't matter because fashion people aren't the target audience.

As far as the cover itself, it is interesting in that it isn't on a beach like usual, but otherwise, it's not very good. She looks like she's standing in front of a background in a studio rather than actually in Antarctica. And her boobs. Um... SI, she already has sizable jugs. They don't need to be Shopped to be bigger than her head.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decalion View Post
That photo is horrible. And giving her the cover twice when you have people like Palvin, Rhoda, Kroes, Vilkeviciute, etc. on the backburner? Doesn't make any sense. These guys aren't even trying. They're just counting on drunk fratboys to up sales of the issue, while remaining oblivious to the further cheapening and eventual inconsequence of their brand.
Well Palvin, Kroes and Vilkeviciute have never shot for SI so they wouldn't be considered for the cover in the first place.

They have some other great girls in this SI issue. Emily DiDonato is making her first appearance. Other SI girls waiting for their cover are Alyssa Miller, Cintia Dicker, Nina Agdal and Anne V.
But considering Kate Upton is on a roll and getting so much more press than any of the other SI girls, it's kind of predictable that Kate would get this year's cover again. She makes everything go viral. The fact that we're here discussing this just proves it's a fact that Kate is a hot commodity. I don't remember such uproar and talk when Irina, Brooklyn, Bar or Marisa's cover came out. And technically, the cover isn't officially out yet! Just leaked.

09-02-2013
backstage pass

Is it bad I'm hoping for her to make a runway appearance this season? She did all that HF work over the last couple months and I'm hoping that some designers may take notice and think she would make a good runway model

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
kate, upton