How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-02-2013
front row

She does give off that old school Sandra Dee vibe.

I think people are being really harsh on her body though.
I don't think people realize that back in the day of Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Loren etc, the women didn't work out and they were not hard and fit like today. They had very little muscle tone. Sports and athletics were not popular like today and yoga, pilates and Soulcycle weren't around/accessible.

The waist those old move stars had were from corset and girdle training not because they were fit. There are photos of movie stars without clothes and their girdles and corsets and you can see they are actually very similar to Kate. The only difference is that it doesn't appear that Kate wears girdles, high waisted bikini bottoms with girdles and has been wearing a corset since her pre-teens to push her organs in different positions.

17-02-2013
V.I.P.

Sam Edelman Summer 2013 campaign - HQ

pdfmagazines.org

17-02-2013
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceFashionista View Post
People comparing her to Jayne Mansfield are not correct IMO Jayne had a fit body she was not floppy and her face was far more classic pretty than Kate. IMO her face is more like that of Anna Nicole and her body is that of Anna. Everyone is welcome to their opinion, but don't compare her to beauties like Marilyn and Jayne as she is nothing compared to them it is almost an insult. Kate hasn't the curves they have at all she has boobs, no waist, flat bottom and chicken legs. BTW that blue dress isn't flattering on her in gut region..
Has anyone ever compared Kate's face to Jayne's? That would indeed be inappropriate.

17-02-2013
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post

I don't think people realize that back in the day of Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Loren etc, the women didn't work out and they were not hard and fit like today. They had very little muscle tone. Sports and athletics were not popular like today and yoga, pilates and Soulcycle weren't around/accessible.

The waist those old move stars had were from corset and girdle training not because they were fit. There are photos of movie stars without clothes and their girdles and corsets and you can see they are actually very similar to Kate. The only difference is that it doesn't appear that Kate wears girdles, high waisted bikini bottoms with girdles and has been wearing a corset since her pre-teens to push her organs in different positions.
Yes, and I think that the fashions of today are made to be unflattering to bodies like Jayne's or Kate's.

17-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
Yes, and I think that the fashions of today are made to be unflattering to bodies like Jayne's or Kate's.
Yes, things are cut and draped the opposite now. Nobody wears girdles and corsets anymore/less body modification. If Jayne, Marilyn and Sophia were in their 20's today and had to wear modern clothes, they would receive the same criticism as Kate.

Kate is Kate. I don't think she is anything like Anna Nicole since Anna Nicole had a lot of work done and several breast augmentations. Nothing about them appears the same. I think it's too simplistic to make that comparison based off Anna Nicole's association with "everything bigger is better" and her issues which people look down upon and consider "trashy."

It's interesting because I find Kate's face very wholesome especially with minimal makeup. It's small and cherubic and she has very small, delicate features and a button nose. Then she has that body. Then on top of that the happy sunny personality. That's the basic formula for the protagonist women of the 50s.

17-02-2013
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvjeisa View Post
Well, it's a matter of optimization. You want those breasts large, and pronounced compared to the rest of the body and at the same time you want a body to be natural and not the result of surgery. As buxom beauty type goes, her body is pretty amazing.

That's to be remembered - there are so many flavors of beauty - so many different wonderful body types - and this girl has the Jayne Mansfield type body to perfection.
I agree, many people are used to the typical model body shape that her type of body seems too girl next door to them. I also disagree that she is plain, I dont think Vogue Italia and UK Vogue can put a model on the cover just because of the hype surrounding her. If she was a celebrity then we would say that she got the covers coz of her fame

i also disagree with those saying that shes not photogenic

pics fashionloving.com, sociool.com, whiteliesmag.com, odrupal.amnice.com

Last edited by Urban Stylin; 17-02-2013 at 11:27 AM.
17-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Stylin View Post
I agree, many people are used to the typical model body shape that her type of body seems too girl next door to them. I also disagree that she is plain, I dont think Vogue Italia and UK Vogue can put a model on the cover just because of the hype surrounding her. If she was a celebrity then we would say that she got the covers coz of her fame
I agree. I think the viewers who are relatively new to fashion or are not familiar with modeling before the past decade don't realize that there's no such thing as "typical model" as the trends change all the time.

For instance, I realize that some people were shocked that Meisel would even shoot her because they think Meisel, Italian Vogue=girls who look like Daria W, Karlie, Natasha, Daria Strokus with miserable expressions.

But they probably don't know that Meisel loves his bombshells and he loves all kinds of women. Shana Zadrick was a model, very typical bombshell antithesis of the boy-girl runway type in a similar sense as Kate, and a muse to Meisel through the 80s to 90s.

Kate is photogenic! Look at the her swooping brow bone and her gaze. That is not an average gaze nor average eyes. She has a nice profile too.

Last edited by theBlueRider; 17-02-2013 at 11:37 AM.
17-02-2013
V.I.P.

Kate will be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show this Wednesday (2/20)

17-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmax View Post
Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2013 first look in Body Paint!
Here are the rest of the photos:

chennibus

Last edited by Mockingbird; 17-02-2013 at 01:18 PM.
17-02-2013
front row

cont. from above

same source

18-02-2013
fashion elite

this girl has no curve. it's so flat from behind and the front............well!

sorry kate upton's fan. her body is just awful. she has to worst body for any SUPERMODEL in history. sorry that is just my opinion.

18-02-2013
the mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post

This.

trendsetter

She's got a really weird body. It's not so much that she hasn't got any curves - hell, a preponderance of high fashion models don't really have any curves, and increasingly, more and more VS models are high fashion models like Karlie who decidedly don't have any boobs or curves - but that she's just got a very, very strange shape.

Her stomach looks really weird. It's convex, almost. And she looks pretty ridiculous in bikinis - her boobs are ginormous and look squashed into a top three or four sizes too small, and her stomach doesn't really lend itself well to those ultra minuscule bottoms she's always wearing. Oh, and even they look a size or three too small.

And speaking about her boobs - they again look pretty incongruous compared with the rest of her body. They're just way too huge and disproportionate. She looks like a straight tree trunk except for two enormous globes of breasts. Honestly, I've never seen a glamour model with her kind of body before.

As for her face - I'd say she's quite pretty. Not beautiful, and not high-fashion harsh, but pretty and feminine. Of course, it doesn't lend itself well to profile shots or certain kind of staple shots, but she's far from plain.

As a matter of fact, she looks fantastic in that blue dress. She's streets ahead WITH clothes than she does without. It's almost the opposite of Candice Swanepoel who looks nowhere near as good with clothes on than she does without.

20-02-2013
V.I.P.

Those body paint artists must be very talented, the final result has a decent realism. I can't imagine how many hours and patience it takes to do such necklace... kudos!

20-02-2013
trendsetter

I think her face is so sexy.
Her body... mmm... Not that much, but still looks good. I mean, I would like have her body.
Posted via Mobile Device

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
kate, upton