How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-04-2013
rising star

Scoop: Kate Upton Will Front Vogue‘s June Cover!
This year is shaping up to be even bigger than the last for Kate Upton, as we have word straight from Samsung that she will be be covering the June issue of US Vogue.

The two-time Sport’s Illustrated Swimsuit Edition cover girl will be in town shilling for Samsung’s Spring TV launch next week, and we received a tip for an interview opportunity containing the following juicy little tidbit of information:

“Kate Upton can chat about her upcoming Vogue cover in June, where she’s taking her bikini for Spring Break after shooting the SI cover in Antarctic…and maybe do the Dougie!”

Alas, we don’t think Anna Wintour will be Dougie-ing about this one. And to think, she was having SUCH a good week…

We’ve reached out to Condť Nast for comment and will update when we receive a response.

UPDATE: A spokesperson from Condť Nast has responded that they do not comment on future editorial, so it looks like we’ll just have to wait and see!
http://www.styleite.com/media/kate-u...r-info-leaked/

Last edited by phenobarbie; 06-04-2013 at 04:05 AM.

11-04-2013
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

As if she's not famous enough, the rumoured Diddy hookup has people talking.
I got this off an urban site that mainly writes about black celebrities

http://hellobeautiful.com/2634535/who-is-kate-upton/?omcamp=EMC-CVNL

backstage pass

^they've both denied the dating rumors with Diddy saying he doesn't know Kate personally (he's probably lying).

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmax View Post

twittwe Kate Upton
more pics from Harper's Bazaar

fashionista

11-04-2013
front row

There's also a huge possibility that Diddy was seen with a tall, buxom blond who was not Kate Upton. Seems like people get all buxom blonds confused (like people confusing Brooklyn Decker for Kate Upton anyone?)

14-04-2013
V.I.P.

TV APPEARANCE: Kate Upton will be on Conan this Wednesday (4/17)
teamcoco.com

14-04-2013
backstage pass

I find her face completely forgettable, which might be why so many people remember her for her body and not her face.

V.I.P.

^ I don't think her face is forgettable. Regardless, she is doing something right with all the exposure (and probably hefty paychecks) she is getting

15-04-2013
V.I.P.

Forgettable? ... how come someone who's practically viral could be forgettable?! She's everywhere in fashion (CR, VI, AM, BV, etc..), media (Gillette, SI, GQ, Cosmo, TMZ, etc). She's the only model besides Gisele and the 90s supers that my grandfather recognizes on TV! and that's a lot! ... I mean, pls!

Of cooourse her face is definitely not in the same range of... for example, Kelly Mittendorf? if that's where you were going, but I love the little twist that her American girl next door looks have, with her unperfect teeth, her bushy brows, and her mole. Without those 3 features, she wouldn't have had the hf attention she's been getting so far.

Last edited by Legolas; 15-04-2013 at 12:42 AM.
15-04-2013
front row

Her face definitely is far from forgettable if you actually look at her face. Like Legolas said, she has some pretty distinct features. She has those very dark, thick arched eyebrows which contrast a lot with her baby blond wispy hair--that's not something seen on many blonds. She has that mole and a cherubic face. She also has piercing almond eyes instead of big round eyes which I find very engaging in photos (notice how most top models have almond eyes? Claudia, Linda, Kate, Gisele, Karlie even Kelly?).
That said, there are many people out there who don't really "read" faces well and go by coloring so they confuse blonds with other blonds (uh Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears? Candice Swanepoel and Rosie HW?).

17-04-2013
windowshopping

I can't believe people would say such bad things. But she does have pretty perfect teeth (Legolas mentioned not perfect teeth).

17-04-2013
V.I.P.

^oh my...I only see whiskers and facial hair

unforgettable will be that image in my mind for several days

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

I suspect tht if someone zooms in on some of the high fashion girls or any ordinary person for that matter, they would make that pic appear like a Vogue shot

backstage pass

yeah although I think her (and a lot of other models) need to wax or something, I find her eyes so gorgeous!!

17-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balencitiff View Post
I can't believe people would say such bad things. But she does have pretty perfect teeth (Legolas mentioned not perfect teeth).
What do you mean with bad things? I was actually pointing features that may be defects to regular people, but make models look more unique... and what I meant about her teeth, is not that they're imperfect because they're crooked or something, but because they're somehow tiny for her face, like when she she smiles her gums look kind of big (CR Fashion Book cover is a great example of this). Talking only about proportions, her teeth not the ideal commercially speaking. She doesn't have that fake armonic smile of Hollywood stars, which is actually a good thing, I think her little teeth are cute... if she had got veneers, she would have lost her natural charm.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
kate, upton