How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-03-2010
V.I.P.

Katie Fogarty
Moderator's Note:
  • In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
  • Please stay on topic!
  • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use the search function.
Thank you!

"Desnuda por Central Park"
Ph: Fabio Chizzola
Model: Katie Fogarty
Magazine: Vogue EspaŮa April 2010

Scanned by me

Last edited by MissMagAddict; 05-04-2010 at 01:21 AM.

18-03-2010
V.I.P.

So beautiful. I'm sad though that she's underrated.

18-03-2010
fashion insider

that is a great editorial - she really works that well

19-03-2010
V.I.P.

style-forever.blogspot.com

21-03-2010
V.I.P.

That ed is amazing

backstage pass

love the vogue espana editorial, especially the last image

backstage pass

I really haven't paid enough attention Katie in the past.
She's such a cutie! I love all her candids and that Vogue editorial.

05-04-2010
V.I.P.

yea she's so cute

07-04-2010
V.I.P.

clmus.com

11-04-2010
V.I.P.

repost ?

hemmelig

14-04-2010
backstage pass

She did an interview for fashiongonerogue:

and here's the interview

Quote:
Having a few seasons of experience under her belt with campaigns for the likes of Balenciaga and D&G, American model Katie Fogarty (Mother Model Management & Next) has proven to be much more than just another pretty face on the runway. When she is not dominating the catwalk, Katie is the all American teenager; splitting time between school, her family, friends and two golden retrievers. In the first part of our interview with Katie, she reflects on her personal style and her career thus far.

How do you feel about your experience as a model? Has it changed you somehow?
Itís funny actually, I was just browsing through my emails from a year ago and noticed how much I have changed. I have grown into an independent, powerful, confident, and traveled woman.

Where were you raised?
St. Louis, Missouri

And where do you live now?
I live in my suitcase, but spend most of my time in St. Louis and New York.

How were you discovered?
I was scouted by Jeff and Mary Clarke walking in the mall when I was 13.

How often do you travel?
Usually once a week, or maybe every other week if I need time for school.

Outside of modeling, what would you like to do?
That is the million dollar question. Who knows? Maybe own a restaurant and be a chef, maybe Iíll write a book, be a food critic, try acting, be a psychiatrist, be a model scout, or work on television. The bright side of this career is that it opens a infinity of opportunities once my time as a model is finished (which wonít be for a very long time I hope!).

What was your most memorable shoot?
Hmm letís go waaaaay back to November 2008. My third shoot ever and it was for the Balenciaga campaign. Looking back it was so memorable because I had no idea the impact and kickstart that it would have on my career. I just remember being so happy to be their and talk to all the other girls. Jíadore parler avec les filles!

Has modeling changed your view on fashion and what did you think about fashion before you became a model?
To be completely honest with you, I knew absolutely nothing about fashion when I first started. I was lucky enough to have great agents that bought me a huge bag of basics from H&M my first fashion week because all I had was a Catholic school uniform and some basketball shorts. Now I love style, not fashion so much. Iíve started to express myself through clothes and create my own personal style. In my free time I like to wear something a little 60s and innocent with something modern and leather or sheer. Also, Iíve learned the cuts and colors I look best in. I love little dresses.
here's the link to the website as well:

http://fashiongonerogue.com/2010/04/...gue-exclusive/

This interview is "part i", so hopefully there will be a second, thrid, and even fourth interview, as keeping in fashiongonerogue's recent theme of "models of the month"

source: fashiongonerogue

18-04-2010
V.I.P.

*edited for reply to a deleted post*
Thanks for posting the interview whippie! She's such a grounded and lovely girl. Have been absent from her thread now for far too long...

Last edited by hfgl; 18-04-2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: same
20-04-2010
backstage pass

interview part 2!

Quote:
In the second part of our interview with Mother Model Management’s Katie Fogarty, Katie talks about the difficulties of balancing a modeling career with a normal life. View part one here.

What is a unique fact about you that most people wouldn’t know?
I am a big nerd. In school I always strived to get straight As and played basketball and was involved in about 5 different clubs before modeling. I think that’s why I can model and do school at the same time now!

When did you start modeling?
I first went to New York almost 2 years ago but it feels like a different lifetime!

What are some of your favorite hobbies?
I love to cook and enjoy writing and helping friends through their problems.

What is your favorite thing about modeling?
My favorite is being a first-hand witness to the art of design, craftsmanship, and dedication during fashion week. Some other of my favorite perks are meeting all the amazingly cool girls and traveling around the world! Never in my life could I experience what I have in these past two years without modeling.

And your least favorite?
My least favorite aspect of being a full-time model is that I am also a full-time student which equals a no-time social life.

How did your family and friends react to your career as a model?
All of my family and friends are extremely supportive. While they may not understand everything that occurs in my everyday life, they treat me normally and support me through everything I do.

For runway, how difficult is it to walk in those shoes? Are you ever nervous about tripping?
Walking, believe it or not, is an art form that must be perfected through experience. Some shoes are a lot worse than others. but I find that not thinking is definitely the way to go. Clear your mind and focus on the lights ahead!

What do you miss most about being away from home?
I am super close to my family and miss them a ton when I’m away (thank God for skype!). I also miss spending time being a normal teenager with my friends and talking to them about what’s going on at school. Fortunately we can keep each other updated through Facebook and my Twitter ( @Katie_Fogs )! Finally, I miss taking my two golden retrievers (one being 125 lbs and the other a mere 70) on long walks around my quiet neighborhood.
via fashiongonerogue

20-04-2010
backstage pass

i really like this interview, glad to hear that she likes school so much and knows modeling wont last forever

fashion icon

Gap Fall 2010 RTW

style.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fogarty, katie