Katie Moore - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
25-02-2016
V.I.P.

now we can talk, i mean with that hairdo, she's beautiful and eye catching and doens't look bland at all any more
I really like that

25-02-2016
tfs star

I still feel sorry for her.

That hair may work this season but I don't see it being celebrated next season or in print.

25-02-2016
boop

That's the grand thing about hair though, you can enjoy an edgy look for a moment and then grow it right back out in a month or two. Chop it off if you're tired of it, dye it ten different shades, get extensions, pop on a wig, etc.

The new hair is really cool, why not have fun with it for the moment. She's obviously a gorgeous girl I think the hair changes show her versatility. She can be this ethereal girl next door one moment and then switch into this punk rocker.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx View Post
That's the grand thing about hair though, you can enjoy an edgy look for a moment and then grow it right back out in a month or two. Chop it off if you're tired of it, dye it ten different shades, get extensions, pop on a wig, etc.

The new hair is really cool, why not have fun with it for the moment. She's obviously a gorgeous girl I think the hair changes show her versatility. She can be this ethereal girl next door one moment and then switch into this punk rocker.
totally yes ! especially that I think so it shows her versatily

25-02-2016
V.I.P.

Moschino F/W 2016

vogue.com

25-02-2016
V.I.P.

Emilio Pucci backstage

livingly.com, vogue.com

Max Mara backstage

livingly.com

26-02-2016
fashion elite

Francesco Scognamiglio A/W 2016

livingly

26-02-2016
V.I.P.

Marco de Vincenzo F/W 2016 (C)

nowfashion.com

26-02-2016
V.I.P.

Giamba F/W 2016

vogue.com

26-02-2016
fashion elite

Emilio Pucci A/W 2016

vogue, livingly

27-02-2016
fashion elite

Moschino A/W 2016

livingly, sonnyphotos

27-02-2016
fashion elite

^

livingly, dazeddigital, i-d.vice

27-02-2016
windowshopping

I can see why people would agree and disagree with a change of hair cut and color. It is quite difficult to remain in the fashion scene for multiple seasons,(especially nowadays that it is seemingly trending that many models are practically teenagers) so models who are a bit 'bland' are simply advised to do that to shine for the moment. Moreover, as many people here in these forums complain, designers want specific 'safe' haircuts so that they can be versatile for many shows. It really just depends on the law of attraction. A unique haircut can attract or simply repel a designer. It really also depends whether the model wants a long lasting career out of this, (which let's face it, most of them probably don't or simply don't succeed due to the overwhelming amount of models that spring up.) Karen Elson, Heather Kemesky, Jing Weng, Fernanda Ly, Sibyl Buck, Stella Tennant, Ranya Mordanova (remember the bowl hair cut girl in Givechy Haute Couture of 2009? Where is she now?) etc. (and many, many, many more) have all tried this trick to get to the front line. Personally, without that new hair do, many people would simply not cast her due to the fact that she looks like any blonde face model that has appeared for the rest of, lets say, a decade.

Unless you're a model that makes it to the top without the need to change your hair cut, it is extremely difficult to make it. Models like, Mica, Binx, Julia Nobis, etc. have simply made it because a. they're lucky b. they're somewhat unique c. get along well with the directors of the industry. Nowadays there's a tremendous influx of models that are deemed as the 'it models that are going to be big' when by next season they're forgotten and flushed out. So in my opinion, if a model wants to shine for a season with a haircut, then why not? There's just so much choice of model scouting (and the internet made it 10,000 times way easier), that models feel inclined to stand out, and I think she did a really good job. Just like what the fashion icon Iris Apfel said, if you have good hair and good shoes, then you're good to go. She stands out, she looks cool, she defines the contemporary mid 2010s and she's just what many people want to look. Fashion is unfortunately for THE moment, so a stir that causes a shock and instant temporary fame is all what this industry is all about.

Last edited by Harmony; 27-02-2016 at 07:27 AM.
27-02-2016
fashion elite

Giamba A/W 2016

vogue, sonnyphotos, theimpression

27-02-2016
fashion elite

^

theimpression

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
katie, moore