How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-11-2011
V.I.P.

Kendra Anderson
6 ft tall blondie currently on the latest issue of Interview :p

Quote:
Agency- New York Models
Height- 6 ft
Bust- 32
Waist- 24.5
Hips- 35
Shoe- 10
Hair- Blonde
Eyes- Blue
newyorkmodels

15-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Interview November 2011
"Salvatore Ferragamo"
Photographer: Mikael Jansson
Stylist: Karl Templar
Models: Kendra Anderson, Calandra Stavroudis, Ondria Hardin, Maxwell Runko & Jacob Morton

interviewmagazine

V.I.P.

Quote:
Between high school, basketball, volleyball, hunting, fishing and just being a kid, 15-year-old Kendra Anderson is out making the high-fashion scene, too, even if the Kalispell youngster never expected to.
Anderson is a freshman honor student at Flathead High School who also happens to be a six-foot blonde back from her latest modeling job.

She recently flew to New York City with her mother, Bobbie Anderson, for a shoot with photographer Mikael Jansson and stylist Karl Templer. Both are well-known names in the fashion industry.
Anderson said her mother goes with her on all of her shoots.
Called out to work with three other young aspiring models, Anderson was hired to help model Salvatore Ferragamo's spring 2012 collection. Anderson appears in the latest issue of Interview, a magazine started by Andy Warhol in 1969. It has been called the "Crystal Ball of Pop Culture."

It was Anderson's biggest shoot to date and one of the first sessions to cause her to miss a day of school, something that made her mom leery. But after seeing the resumés of Jansson and Templer, her mom said she was ultimately persuaded to go along with the shoot. They flew out on a Wednesday night, did the shoot on Thursday and flew back to Kalispell on Friday.
"I was almost sad to leave this time because I had a volleyball game I had to miss," Anderson said of her latest modeling adventure and what she had to give up to do it.

Anderson was "discovered" by the modeling industry about three years ago. A scout saw her in Oregon while she was on a family vacation that included a stop at the Tillamook cheese factory. The scout, a former model, happened to be in Oregon for a camping trip. She made her husband turn their car around when she caught sight of Kendra at a gas station. "I was a little flip with her," Bobbie Anderson said of the chance encounter with the scout and her initial skepticism.

Kendra never signed on with the scout's modeling agency. But she did decide to send out some photographs, just to see what would happen. She got quick responses from several big agencies.
"It was cute," Bobbie Anderson said of her then-12-year-old daughter. "She was like, ‘So does this mean I'm going to be on America's Next Top Model?' I said, no, dear. You kind of went right past that."
Anderson's only modeling experience up to that point was doing a hair show with Soucie & Soucie in Kalispell when she was 11 years old.

Anderson later spent her 14th birthday as a model in a Guess by Marciano runway show in Los Angeles. She auditioned thinking she would never get a spot.
"It was really entertaining and at the end of the show all the models and cast sang happy birthday. It was really, really cool," she said.

Even Paul Marciano, the co-founder of Guess, came up after the show. He pinched and kissed Kendra's cheeks, looked to the others standing around and said, "You all should be so beautiful," before walking off.
"It was like, oh, wow. I've seen you in magazines and stuff. Hi," Anderson said.
She has been learning the ropes of the industry in something called model development. She recently signed on with New York Models and is now listed as one of the agency's fresh faces.
Many companies in the fashion industry want their models to be at least 16 years old. So with her next birthday, Kendra said she hopes to do more runway and high-fashion modeling as a way to make some money to pay for college.

Right now, she said she's torn between wanting to go to college to be a lawyer and wanting to be a writer.
There's much more to life than being glamorous. Pointing to her chipped fingernails, she added that she's holding off on any more modeling jobs for the next month or so.
"Basketball," she said, adding that she's been out practicing. "That's my plan for right now. I'm going to wait because I want to do basketball tryouts on the 21st. I hope I make the team. It's like modeling only comes second to basketball."

Anderson - happy to be a kid in the Flathead Valley - said she also likes writing and reading and going hunting and fishing, two other hobbies that she loves.
"She's a Montana girl here at home and then when she goes there she gets to be a diva," her mom said.
dailyinterlake

Last edited by lanvinray; 15-11-2011 at 10:06 AM.
15-11-2011
V.I.P.

newyorkmodels

windowshopping

I hope that I do a lot to make this thread grow. Now that you know I will be watching ....be nice lol.

28-12-2011
.my prison is your brain.

^ I don't think you have a thing to worry about dear, and I'm not just being nice Your Interview photo is stunning, all of your shots are highly impressive for a newbie. Hope you'll stick around after your star rises... because it will

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 28-12-2011 at 08:30 AM.

28-12-2011
V.I.P.

Welcome to tFS, Kendra!

28-12-2011
tfs star

Aw, she's too cute for words, it's crazy she's so young, but so tall.

28-12-2011
Mr. Magic

Michelle Lee always picks the best fresh face
It's a great start for her to be on Interview!

Such a striking, pristine feature

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
28-12-2011
tfs star

newyorkmodels

28-12-2011
tfs star

Judging by the look of these photos, I think they might be by Mario Pena.

newyorkmodels

Last edited by DanniCullen; 28-12-2011 at 10:04 AM.
28-12-2011
windowshopping

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome.

28-12-2011
French Chic

The 'Interview' pic is lovely.......quietly intense.
Because of the total minamilistic look of the polas above, something screams Calvin Klein exclusive. Also there is something very European about Kendra's look and I was surprised to see she was from the USA.
Good luck with your career btw

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendraLynn View Post
I hope that I do a lot to make this thread grow. Now that you know I will be watching ....be nice lol.
Hi Kendra! You have a lot of potential and I'm pretty sure you'll do well Goodluck!

tfs star

navisphotography via bellazon

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
anderson, kendra