How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-04-2008
VSFS 2009!

Karma Kim is gorgeous The gowns are very Valentino :p

19-04-2008
V.I.P.

Kim Noorda: look into my eyes -Telegraph.co/uk
Kim Noorda sets the catwalks alight with her steely gaze and out-there attitude, but she's a home-loving girl at heart, she tells Kay Barron

On the catwalks, Kim Noorda fixes the cameras with her steely blue eyes and strides with all the confidence of a veteran. Last year the Dutch model opened Valentino's penultimate couture show, and walked for all the designers who count, among them Alexander McQueen, Louis Vuitton and Dolce & Gabbana.
Kim Noorda wears fringed jacket, 950, by Givenchy (020-7563 8800); draped shirt, 340, by Richard Nicoll, from Browns (020-7514 0016); black brogues, 195, by Church's (020-7493 1474)

But, since she was discovered at the age of 16 by Holland's leading talent scout, Wilma Wakker, Noorda has been in the top flight for just five years. 'Regardless of my job, I feel the same now as I did when I was at school. I was shy then and I still am.' Not that there is a hint of it when our photographer, Chad Pitman, gives Noorda direction.

Her body strengthens and she transforms the Yohji Yamamoto boilersuit she is wearing into a must-have trend. But when the lens is not directed at her, she is positively shy. When I am working and people are preening and dressing me it feels less like I am the centre of attention, as everyone is concentrating on their own jobs.'

She is a natural and popular with high-profile photographers. Bruce Weber shot her for French Vogue and immediately rebooked her for the s/s 08 APC campaign. Greg Cadel used her for the cover of Numero Japan and booked her again for the new Georges Rech campaign.
For Noorda, modelling is just a job; one that allows her to travel, and provides income enough to buy her first house, close to her parents in Amsterdam. In the near future, if at all, there will be no austere loft apartments in New York, and no trendy east London flats for her to shack up in with a dubious musician boyfriend.

When a job is over, Noorda will take the first opportunity to fly back to her family and friends. Which is probably what keeps her so grounded. There are no airs or graces, and she has a genuine interest in those she works with. She also admits to having no close model friends. 'We all only really see each other twice a year at the shows,' she says. 'With different schedules and bases, it is difficult to make the effort to see each other more.'
Even after a hectic timetable of back-to-back runways, Noorda can be found winding down with a book rather than joining the rest of the fashion pack at the numerous after-show parties. While wanting to model 'for as long as they want me', she has no interest in fame, and less in the party circuit, strengthening her appeal as the natural beauty of last year's Bottega Veneta and Bulgari fragrance campaigns.
For all the Agyness Deyns and Kate Mosses, headline-grabbing, publicity-courting and partying, Noorda is just one example of many, many more who just do their job and go

19-04-2008
Zen
V.I.P.

^ model_mom...great article. Thanks!
After reading that I like her even more!

19-04-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by model_mom View Post
'Regardless of my job, I feel the same now as I did when I was at school. I was shy then and I still am.'

While wanting to model 'for as long as they want me', she has no interest in fame, and less in the party circuit, strengthening her appeal as the natural beauty of last year's Bottega Veneta and Bulgari fragrance campaigns.
excellent..this is exactly why I truly adore her! She seems so grounded and never seems desperate for attention of any kind.

thanks for posting this model_mom

19-04-2008
trendsetter

^^^thank you model_mom.

I love it that she doesn't have a dodgy rockstar boyfriend.

21-04-2008
V.I.P.

more Kim Noorda: look into my eyes

telegraph.co.uk

21-04-2008
rising star

Always thought she was from Belgium...Whatever She's gorgeous

21-04-2008
V.I.P.

thanks for the escada pics and the interview

21-04-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by minus1 View Post
Ok, lets start to post all the pics

Escada Spring Summer 2008

escada.com
That must have taken forever!
Very pretty though

22-04-2008
Zen
V.I.P.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM!!!

22-04-2008
V.I.P.

Happy 22nd birthday, Kim YES!

22-04-2008
V.I.P.

Happy birthday Kim

22-04-2008
front row

2Minutes away from midnight, but I'm sure they are already celebrating in Europe.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM!

22-04-2008
Tobias Funke

happy b-day kim, here's a fake vogue mag i made i her honor, hope u like:

supermodels.nl

NeverNude

22-04-2008
V.I.P.

^i reaaaaaaaaaallllllyyyyyyyyyy LOVE it

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags