How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-06-2011
tfs star

Not many models could get away with doing an 'art' ed like this one. Disturbing and thought provoking. I think the role of a model is to be a muse in all senses. Kristen is fearless and brave. While I love a glossy glamourous image as much as the next person there is also the other side of photography which is to push people's buttons and these pics definitely have accomplished that. Most controversial ed i have seen in ages and that's quite a feat. Quite intriguing overall. And let's not forget this magazine is aimed more towards art than fashion, although the two frequently go hand in hand.

Last edited by zoom; 08-06-2011 at 05:24 PM.

08-06-2011
tfs star

Teller is a lightening rod..love him or hate him. And again, Kristen is one of the few if not only models I can imagine would do a sitting like the one posted on the previous page. We need photographers/models who are willing to showcase the dark as well as the light and for that I am appreciative of both of these artists. Thanks for sharing @Rado.

trendsetter

the 032c editorial is shocking, for sure.

08-06-2011
fashion icon

Geeez. I'm in a state of total horror.

V.I.P.

I think the teller ed is very interesting! She's truly beautiful.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radolgc View Post
my favorite shot is the one in he bathtube with her eyes closed...4th in the 4th part...also the last shot with the birds is kinda cool....
I like them too...

yes, the anus one is quite disgusting;-) I don't even see the point of taking such pictures... naturalism? yes but if that's the point unless it is her natural state of mind... well, then I don't think i would like to be left alone with her;-))))

but again i-D is great... although I think her previous one was better...

09-06-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radolgc View Post
1994, another Juergen tellr editorial with Kristen that deserves applouse, scanned by me:
Love this one...

09-06-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMiss View Post
yes, the anus one is quite disgusting;-) I don't even see the point of taking such pictures... naturalism? yes but if that's the point unless it is her natural state of mind... well, then I don't think i would like to be left alone with her;-))))
It's totally disgusting.
To show your bare a** is one thing. To show your anus is a completely different thing. And for a woman to do that is just...disturbing. I know that "shock value" is Kristen's middle name, but that picture is just sick.
And really, what's the point of those pictures anyway? Some of them look like crime scene photos, and she looks like a cadaver on the ground.

09-06-2011
V.I.P.

^hehe... quite hard judgement there...

V.I.P.

I adore Kristen but again this editorial is quite awful... I even tried to pick some pictures that I like but only because I felt I had to... basically if I had to choose a soundtrack for this editorial I would probably pick something from Canibal Corpse... but again despite this horrible editorial I still adore her... but I think Teller's change of style has affected their collaboration, which counts some great advert or edit work, quite badly and as Rado noticed, Marc Jacobs campaign is one of vivid examples... what I don't understand is the purpose of this editorial? I don't think it will serve her well either... it is kind of hard to take this images out of your head once you've seen them...

09-06-2011
███████████████

is AMAZING the edit Thanksss Rado!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13-06-2011
backstage pass

Thank you so much for the scans Rado! I really don't like that editorial, but mainly because Teller's work is definetely not for me

13-06-2011
V.I.P.

i'm actually not that shockedsome shots are truly stunning, some are so so and the others are unnecessary (and that's putting it very mildly) but she's a fabulous/amazing model/muse and she's demonstrated it here kristen is a work of art, i like it.

13-06-2011
French Chic

Thanks Rado for scanning all the Teller editorials featuring Kristen.
There is a place for everyone nowadays, and I applaud each artist for their own contributions, but personally I find his style to be awful in general.....especially his more current work. His pics of Kristen from the 90's are very effective, whereas the edit. provoking the most comments is pretty much dreadful and certainly doesn't show Kristen at her best........but then again Teller rarely shows anyone at their best right now.
Thank heavens she doing some astonishing work with other lensmen at present and long may she reign.

V.I.P.

the 032c editorial is nasty nude again !! OMG!! please.
I do not want to look at your vagina and ***, that to me is not fashion

Last edited by versustito; 14-06-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
kristen, mcmenamy