How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

Looks like Lara

02-11-2011
backstage pass

I hope that's Lara!

03-11-2011
V.I.P.

I really hope that's her Nevertheless, I hope she bags more ads or eds

V.I.P.

Top 10 Newcomers SS12: Lara Mullen

Polaroid courtesy of Premier

Quote:
Scouted barely a month before shows, the fantastic momentum of Lara Mullen is the quintessential instant success story. The girl who had never even walked in heels before proceeded to march down the Spring 12 catwalks for Prada (exclusive), Givenchy, Celine, Dries Van Noten, Jonathan Saunders and Alexander Wang making an instant impact on the basis of her very unique beauty. And with directional editors and designers marking off Lara as a new British sensation, watch for this newcomer to be highlighted in some pretty select bookings.
models.com

Last edited by lanvinray; 07-11-2011 at 07:29 PM.
08-11-2011
V.I.P.

I think she has a special face

11-11-2011
front row

Oh she's great! Definitely one to watch. Lovely video of Lara on Vogue.it

http://www.vogue.it/en/vogue-tv/star...en_2011/player

vogue.it

V.I.P.

^ so cute in that interview

vogue.it

windowshopping

Brilliant- hope to see editorial on her soon. Still can't get over the Alex Wang video. It's like they knew she was going to be a star before she even did her first show!?

14-11-2011
tfs star

great video! i love everything about her - from her accent to her style to the length of her hair!

fingers crossed for the celine campaign, but i could definitely see her as a chloe campaign girl.

.my prison is your brain.

^ I agree, she'd be utterly perfect for Chloe.

22-11-2011
V.I.P.

out of all the shows she did, this was the only picture of her at fashionmag

Givenchy S/S 2012

29-11-2011
trendsetter

Lara Mullen @ Ford posted on she-mail.tumblr

19-12-2011
V.I.P.

Just Lara

Quote:
In this exclusive project for models.com, five of England’s most talented young photographers shoot one of the season’s standouts Lara Mullen in their signature styles. Jamie Hawkesworth, Nick Dorey, Scott Trindle, Aitken Jolly and Greta Ilieva capture the Mullen mystique in this captivating series, complete with an interview from the girl of the moment herself.

As one of the season’s standouts, Lara has managed to captivate some of fashion’s most powerful tastemakers. After proving her versatility to the discerning powers that be at Prada, Celine & Givenchy, the bubbly beauty is ready to tackle the editorial pages.

Quote:
MDC: How were you discovered?

Lara Mullen: I was discovered at the end of August at a music festival by Premier

MDC: What was this first season like for you?

LM: This season was really weird but equally exciting. It all happened so quickly. One minute I was studying for my maths A level within a few days I was on a plane to NY…then changing shoes next to Gisele Bundchen at Givenchy in Paris.

MDC: What was your most memorable experience this season?

LM: I think it has to between my first show – walking for Alexander Wang in NY or confirming the Prada exclusive. They’re both such good shows and the fact that I did them was unbelievable.

MDC: How would you describe your personal style?

LM: I like to wear comfortable clothes. At the minute I’m wearing lots of big chunky jumpers. It’s so cold but my Y-3 Yohji Yamamoto military coat has come to the rescue! I also have quite a few boys shirts that just go well with anything including my trusty Celine bag.

MDC: Where do you see yourself in a few years?

LM: I would love to travel the globe without having to bring my text books everywhere!!

MDC: What are some of your favorite things – movies / music / television / books, etc.

LM: One of my favourite tv shows is “How I Met Your Mother”. It’s just so funny. I also like crime dramas like NCIS and CSI. Music wise I’m really excited because I’ve just got tickets to see Laura Marling next year.

MDC: What is your best quality?

LM: My wit, not being afraid of hard work & the fact I find it hard to say no to friends.

MDC: What do you like to do during your downtime?

LM: When I’m not working or in school I like to just chill out. Watch tv, hang out with my friends and have a good gossip. I also believe that it is important to give back & last summer I went to Lourdes in France as part of an outreach programme to help the elderly.

MDC: Who are your heroes?

LM: Mother Teresa

MDC: Tell us a fact about yourself that is surprising.

LM: I still share a bedroom with my little sister.

models.com

19-12-2011
backstage pass

^Those set of photos are amazing!

19-12-2011
.my prison is your brain.

^ They really are, well done by the upcoming photographers, and nice idea by Models.Com!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lara, mullen