How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-10-2009
V.I.P.

Thanks for all the photos! I'm loving these two always

04-10-2009
V.I.P.

There are pics of her shopping at the Balenciaga store in Paris a few days ago, and she looks amazing I'm sometimes a bit less than enthusiastic about her personal style, but in this instance I think she couldn't look more perfect
pics from Zimbio (www.zimbio.com)

look at the salesgirl's expression

V.I.P.

I think the blue dress is the same one she wore at the Paris Photocall for the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, September 30 2009
pic also from Zimbio (www.zimbio.com)

V.I.P.

I absolutely agree
she looks very chick

V.I.P.

I ADORE her outfit shopping at Balenciaga!
I'm going to put together for myself an outfit like that for the upcoming fall.

04-10-2009
V.I.P.

^ I want an outfit like that too

windowshopping

You can watch the short film 'Passage' staring Lily with Julie Stiles at the following site http://www.passage-experience.com/#/Passage/FullMovie

05-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibumza View Post
You can watch the short film 'Passage' staring Lily with Julie Stiles at the following site http://www.passage-experience.com/#/Passage/FullMovie
I didn't realize she was in another film, thanks

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffany View Post
I didn't realize she was in another film, thanks
She doesn't have much to say in the movie. She plays a deaf sister. Really only see her dancing. But looks fantastic doing so. Redheads and red dresses. Is there anything better?

06-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Roles of student, model, and actress just aren’t enough for Lily Cole — now, she’s adding the title of designer to her resume as well.
Lily teamed up with fellow model Katherine Poulton and friend Alice Ashby to design a line of knits with Isobel Davies, called The North Circular.
Not only will these designs keep you warm this winter, but you’ll be feel good about wearing them as each piece is made from wool taken from rescued sheep. Each purchase details the rescue of the sheep so you can show off your good deed. The line will include 16 different styles, but consumers can customize their own by choosing a specific color. Conscientious designs from a model? We’re in
Modelinia

06-10-2009
tfs star

She was at the UK premiere of Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus today. A few pictures:

gettyimages.com

06-10-2009
V.I.P.

Not too keen on the dress (is it Chanel?) but I really like her hair and makeup, she looks lovely

lady of the flowers

Some HQs :

celebutopia.

08-10-2009
tfs star

The French poster for Imaginarium, and an interview with Lily:

Quote:
Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus Support Site EXCLUSIVE

By Theresa Shell

One does not have to speak with Lily Cole more than a couple of minutes until they realize what a privilege it is to be having a conversation with her. Why? Because she is a supermodel and incredibly lovely? Because she stars in the new Terry Gilliam film, The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus? Because she is an international celebrity? Regardless of the fact that the foregoing is true, the answer to all of the questions above is “No”. Talking to Lily is a privilege because she is just a lovely person. She is a young woman of substance, grounded, kind, extremely intelligent and with a great sense of humor. Lily Cole is something special for way more reasons than fame could ever bring.

I got to experience the privilege of talking with Lily this morning from London where she is preparing for the UK premier of The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus tomorrow night. This “interview” I was so prepared for quickly turned into just a lovely conversation about the film that was infused with Lily’s wit, charm, honesty and a good dose of laughter. I have not enjoyed myself so much in a long time. Lily had been doing interviews a good part of the day and I know she had to be tired and had so much to do yet in preparation for the premier, however, she was relaxed, warm and generous with her time and I am most appreciative. I hope all of you enjoy my conversation with Lily as much as I enjoyed talking with her.

Lily: Did you set up the support site?
Theresa: Yes I did. I’m a screenwriter and I hate what is happening to our indie films. I am such a fan of Terry’s work. When I heard that Doctor Parnassus was on its way, I was like, you know what, I’ve got to speak up about this because I really believe in this man and this film.
Lily: It’s great. Thank you.

Theresa: Oh, you are so welcome. I’m really thrilled with where this journey has lead the fans. And, you guys, the cast has been amazing.
Theresa: Were you surprised to hear that the fans around the world have been so supportive of the film and started the site?
Lily: Yeah. Terry told me about it and it is really so touching. It’s such a wonderful gesture and it seems very unusual to me that the fans would do this. It’s also nice when the distributors, the studios and “the machine” kind of controls so much of what films reach audiences and how they’re perceived, it’s nice that individuals can take a proactive step in trying to be part of getting films known about.

Theresa: That’s lovely. It’s been a joy for us. It’s nice to have a voice and have it heard.
Lily: It’s great. It’s very powerful.

Theresa: Naturally, people have talked about your transition from modeling to acting. It has always appeared to me that modeling requires the model to become a character in order to relay the message intended by the designer or the theme of the show. Did you find moving into acting a little less trepidatious for you because of this?
Lily: It’s hard for me to know how the experience would compare if I had never modeled, you know? I only can come from my experience. But, I do think that it was helpful. One element you’re describing is characters. We’re all playing characters. But also on a very practical level, being a professional and being in front of the camera and expected to do something and doing it and having six people in the room whose attention is on you and not letting that…you know what I mean, getting used to that and not being aware of that. There are a lot of practical elements that I’m sure were very helpful. I also, think that models are such a random collection of people who become models, not really by interest or by choice, necessarily, but rather by just how they look and their pics. They come from all corners of the world, all backgrounds and therefore all interests. So I think that they are many things. A model can become anything that they would want to be in a photo.

Theresa: You play Doctor Parnassus’ daughter, Valentina, in the film. How do you think that you and Valentina are alike?
Lily: She comes from a very different upbringing than myself, but there are definitely similarities between us. When I first met Terry to talk about the film and this part, he found a very interesting parallel in the fact that I have had a very sort of extreme and fantastical life kind of thrust upon me from a young age and while I do love that and while this continues in my life I have also craved an amount of normalcy in my life. Whether it is studying or having close friends or having a close family, I always have that kind of dialogue between those two elements. Valentina’s story is that she has this kind of fantastical and extreme life and she craves not just a normal, but a really, really normal life. She wants the suburban kind of, what I myself would consider mediocre, quite boring lifestyle.

Theresa: She has so many of your typical, rebellious, 16 year old “I want to control my own life” feelings and she wants to spread her wings. I think a lot of people will find her very relatable. Did you like Valentina?
Lily: I loved her, yes. I love that she’ll fight if she has to, she’s incredibly loyal, but at the same time tough, you know, she’ll punch a guy if she needs to and I think, as you’re describing, the transition from being a child then wanting to be an adult and yearning to see the world and spread your wings and meet new people and fall in love and that kind of desperation and that rebelliousness.

Theresa: With my daughter being an actor I pay very close attention to female roles and I thought the character of Valentina was just wonderfully rich.
Lily: Yeah, she’s really great. And, because she’s only 16, you see the growth of her, her wanting to grow up. I think it’s the experience that most girls have; it’s just in an extremely surreal context.

Theresa: I sensed so much courage in this girl. I really admired that.
Now, tell me about Christopher Plummer. This man is so amazing. He is an icon. Did you feel nervous or maybe a little intimidated the first day on the set with him?
Lily: For sure. We did a read through with Christopher, me, Heath, Terry and I think Verne was there and Andrew was there and I felt intimidated by everyone, you know. I felt intimidated by Christopher and Heath mainly because they are both so talented and Christopher is just a force of nature when it comes to acting. He really does such a brilliant job. They are so sure of themselves. I also thought it was such a brilliant opportunity to get to work with these people. It could never be anything but a great thing for me personally. My own hope for growth. You know you hope for growth.

Theresa: I had the pleasure of being in Heath’s company and thought he was one of the kindest, gentle people…very grounded..but despite that kindness his tremendous talent tended to cast a big shadow which was so incongruous with who he was. That shadow had to be intimidating.
As a matter of fact, I once asked Heath why he was so anxious to work with Terry again and his response was, it’s the most fun I’ve ever had on the set and the most I’ve ever learned. It is a question that I have since asked others connected with the film and I recently asked Verne the same question. So, for you, was it not only an educational, but a fun experience as well?
Lily: For sure. It was so much fun and Terry, even with the problems happening would still find the humor in it. He would still poke fun at the situation. The people he involved around him were all such extraordinary people and extraordinary characters. And, as you said, Heath was so incredibly kind and incredibly generous with his talent and himself. Watching him and his dynamic with Terry and Nicola too, who is such a talented dp and contributed so much with his opinions the whole time. Watching this collaboration between these three and then Christopher and then Tom Waits and then all these extraordinary people was brilliant. And the spirit really was about having fun and making the best film that we could, but open to things changing and improvisation. It was definitely a great atmosphere.

Theresa: It sounds like it was an amazing set to be on. With the predominantly male cast of the film, did you ever feel a little like “odd man out” or were you more of like the sister of the group.
Lily: I loved it. I loved being the only woman. It was really a great time.

Theresa: Who can blame you! (both laughing) Tomorrow’s premier is in London. You’ll be premiering the film in your home country. Are you excited?
Lily: I am excited. I’m also nervous. I’ve got a lot of friends and my family coming and it is a bit nerve wracking to have the whole red carpet thing, so many cameras and things. When I made the film, I was just enjoying making the film and enjoying acting and wasn’t really thinking about having to do premiers and that kind of thing. And, I’m kind of nervous but it’s lovely to see everybody again and it’s exciting really just to see how it is received.

Theresa: We are so proud of you guys. We are going to have somebody on the red carpet tomorrow night with you all…
Lily: Awww

Theresa: So, there will be friends among the masses (both laugh). I can’t imagine being in your position out there. I really feel for you. I’d be so nervous. One last question. Is there anything that you would like to say to the fans on the support site?
Lily: I’d like to say, thank you very much and I hope you like the film when you see it. I hope that you haven’t got such high expectations that you are disappointed. I hope that you really enjoy it.

Theresa: Thank you for your time. We appreciate it so much. I know this has been a crazy day for you.
Lily: Thank you, this is the nicest interview I’ve had.

Theresa: Thank you. You’re a love. Know that our hearts are with you tomorrow night and that we’re just so, so proud of you. Get a little sleep and have a blast tomorrow.

Lily: I will.
Theresa: And, have a glass of champagne on us when it’s all over.
Lily: I’ll have more than one. (both laugh).
imaginariumofdrparnassus.com

08-10-2009
V.I.P.

Awwhs! I love Lily. Thanks for the interview!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cole, lily