How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-04-2011
V.I.P.

Lisa Verberght
Who doesn't love a strong Belgian?

imm-bruxelles.blogspot.com

Lisa's 15 years old with IMM Brussels (started out with Dominique) and Premier London.

Height 5'11"
Bust 31
Waist 24.5
Hips 36
Women Shoe 7
Hair Brown
Eyes Blue

09-04-2011
V.I.P.

premiermodelmanagement.com

V.I.P.

Gorgeous. Can't wait to see more of her

09-04-2011
starving hysterical naked

^ Likewise, what a looker! Those polaroids are enthralling. This blogger conducted an interview with her and according to his blogpost Lisa's already done runway and is set to turn up within the pages of i-D Magazine. Here's the interview plus a few shots (more are to be found by clicking through the link right above).

Quote:
Lisa Verberght is a fifteen year old fabulous model from Antwerp, and not only is a she model on the rise ... we go to the same school! She's so incredibly kind, I just love her. She walked shows in Paris and has a spread in i-D Magazine (shot by Thomas Giddings) coming up, time for an interview I thought!

Laurent James: Hi Lisa! How are you doing today?
Lisa Verberght: I'm fine, thanks! How are you?

I'm good. Let's dive straight in! How did you "roll" into modeling?
I must've been 12 or 13 and I was at the movie theater with my mother and sister, and out of nowhere a woman approaches us. She asked if I would be interested in doing modeling, so she gave her card. I really wasn't planning on contacting her at all, but two days later I was at Ikea, and another scout from the same agency asked me if I was interested in doing modeling.

And?
I decided to give it a go, but didn't expect anything at all to be honest. So we got in touch with the agency (Dominique Models) and they asked to send over some pictures. I was so young, I'm so embarrassed when I look at them now! Then I went over there for some more pictures and I was so shy. They said they had serious doubts about me. I thought "See! That's it, it's over", but they put me on their website, and after a long silence I got booked. After that, a long silence again and then Walter (Van Beirendonck) happened and the train started rolling ...

Tell me more about Walter!
I had done some test shoots, so I had a couple of pictures to show and all of a sudden I get an e-mail asking me if I want to go do a casting for THE Walter Van Beirendonck. I decided to do it, but I was so, so scared. I never wore heels before, never walked before, nothing. I go into the casting, which was in his store, they took a couple of pictures and I overheard Walter saying "Pretty child." I never EVER walked before, but of course, I needed to for this casting. I'm still convinced I wasn't good at it, but they immediately said I was booked. They took a real risk. A week later I was in Paris, doing the Walter show in front of Kanye West and other big, big names. I never did runway before, I was so scared!

How do you stay grounded in the industry?
Well, I was bullied a lot as a kid so this whole "I'm a model" thing is still new for me. I never expected this. I haven't really "broken out" but I've adjusted to the attention people give me recently. Because of the bullying I really stay grounded. I saw a few bullies back a while ago and told them I do modeling now, their jaw dropped. I'm not going to lie, that felt good!

Tell me about the bitch fights you models have!
To be honest, so far, no bitch fights!

Really?
Well, I remember a woman at a show who was really mean once. She told me I was doing everything wrong, but I wasn't, I swear! I kept cool and was professional of course, but afterwards a few other girls came to me and told me I really wasn't. Us models stick together!

What are your ambitions as a model?
I take it as it comes! I will always try my best of course!

And besides modeling?
I really wanna finish school, unless there's some amazing offer I won't give that up for now. I study photography now, I wanna continue on that.

Thank you so much for this interview!
You're welcome!
laurentjames.blogspot.com

10-04-2011
V.I.P.

Probably one of the best newcomers out of Belgium. Such a strong and delicate look I hope to see her more!

13-04-2011
starving hysterical naked

i-D Magazine Spring 2011

scanned by me

13-04-2011
V.I.P.

^Great shot! She looks so good in every picture.

13-04-2011
utterly superfluous

I remember her from the Dominique website, but she certainly seems to have grown into her look a bit more. Definitely a face to watch, and like Bianca said, who doesn't love a strong Belgian.

14-04-2011
V.I.P.

She's great!

12-05-2011
V.I.P.

immbruxelles

backstage pass

Wow!! She's great!

12-05-2011
User Friendly

Wow she is good.. very strong face, I can already imagine her in many many editorials

14-05-2011
V.I.P.

She looks scary. I like her.

14-05-2011
V.I.P.

She is a young Linda Evangelista. She looks so much like her in the last set posted by bianca.

Last edited by cologne_rocks; 14-05-2011 at 06:08 PM.
15-05-2011
V.I.P.

laurentjames.blogspot.com

Tags
lisa, verberght