How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-04-2010
trendsetter

The Perfect Fit bloomingdales
Congrats to liu and constance

bloomingdales

15-04-2010
trendsetter

Prepster Punk Bloomingdales Spring 2010 Style Guide

bloomingdales

15-04-2010
front row

Estee Lauder Is The Most Amazing Surprise Ever! Congrats Liu

15-04-2010
fashion elite

Marilyn must be rapt about Constance and Liu

15-04-2010
fashion icon

I'm still thrilled about Liu Wen getting that beauty contract.
And does that mean she has to do fewer runway shows in the future? Because I think Hilary Rhoda disappeared from runway after she signed with Estee Lauder.

Anyway, can't wait to see her beauty ad! This is really breaking news!

16-04-2010
starving hysterical naked

Quote:
Liu Wen also opened and closed a special Calvin Klein runway show in Shanghai today (Held to celebrate the brand's store opening there)!
Marilyn Agency NY's twitter

16-04-2010
V.I.P.

Guess who is now #14 on model.com's Top 50 models list?

16-04-2010
front row

that's really amazing~~~~she deserves

16-04-2010
®

wow so MDC updated their list? It's going to be spectacular when she actually gets into the top 10! Go Asian models! Givenchy, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.

16-04-2010
®

L’Officiel Singapore
M: Liu Wen
Ph: Wee Khim

fashiongonerogue

16-04-2010

I translated her blog post about Estee Lauder

I don’t think I can do proper justice to the beautiful language she used (There is just something about Chinese that cannot be duplicated), but here goes:

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4c56dd360100j05x.html

Quote:
Love

After a long period of waiting, the dust has finally settled. I have never been in love, but I think my collaboration with Estee Lauder would be similar to such a precious connection. At first it was a rendezvous that had to be kept secret, then one where we could briefly grasp hands...but now I can finally announce to the world that I am in a beautiful relationship!

Los Angeles seems to be a fateful place for me. Even though the trip from NYC is quite a long plane ride, even crossing multiple timezones, some of the most memorable parts of my life have now occurred there. Whether it was Estee Lauder or CK, so many of those shoots took place in L.A. My life’s goal has always been simple – initially I only wished to walk a few shows, then model for some decent jobs, then perhaps trek to the catwalks of the four international fashion capitals or become a top model on rankings. These hopes were always kept silent within me, but they always drove me to diligent pursuit. Beyond my greatest expectations, step-by-step each wish came true. But after accomplishing everything else, I finally had an even greater, more impossible goal – to represent a brand on a global standpoint. Estee Lauder was definitely one of the few names I privately considered.

A few months ago, the plan for fulfilling this latest wish began to manifest, but my heart remained quite unsettled, as if I was young again and fearing that an unexpected rainstorm would negatively affect a beautiful Spring field trip for school. Whenever I was asked to think about any aspect of the situation, I became somewhat nervous, but still anticipatory.

But now, all the fears have been alleviated. My new “love” has gone public, and I can finally openly declare my own feelings. We can finally go out on the town hand-in-hand!

My greatest gratitude goes out to my New York agency and everyone there who have given their full effort to push me to great heights. I also want to thank you all my family, friends, and supporters all over the world. But alas, this is anything but an “awards acceptance speech” – it’s simply a joyous declaration from a young woman who cannot contain her excitement any longer.
Beautiful and eloquent!

16-04-2010
®

awww. Thanks for sharing Faith! I was a bit shocked at first when someone said the campaign was a false alarm but now it's really really confirmed and I'm glad for Liu's success.

16-04-2010
trendsetter

Wen is hard working and deserves this contract God bless.

16-04-2010
V.I.P.

thanks for translating from her blog. that was a very heartfelt message and seemed very sincere. Congrats to Liu, she is soo deserving of this contract!

16-04-2010
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmLordZen View Post
wow so MDC updated their list? It's going to be spectacular when she actually gets into the top 10! Go Asian models! Givenchy, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.
Someone has already confirmed Ming Xi is the Asian girl who got Givenchy. Anyway, still happy for Liu Wen getting Estee Lauder contract!

And Faith, thanks for translating her blog into English and sharing her happiness with more people at tFS. I really appreciate it.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2011, february, liu, march, wen