How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-04-2010
fashion elite

Quote:
Chinese model Liu Wen just became the first Asian face of cosmetics giant Estée Lauder. French model Constance Jablonski also signed with the brand. A cosmetics contract is the Holy Grail of modeling — the single highly lucrative booking that all models strive for after years of toiling away on low-paying runway and editorial jobs. As two of fashion's most desirable faces of the moment, they couldn't have been hired by Estée Lauder at a better time.

Liu Wen debuted on the fall 2008 runways and quickly became a runway must-have, walking for Chanel, Hermès, and Kenzo. The 22-year-old was the first Asian model to walk for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show last year.

Meanwhile, Constance Jablonski is no stranger to the pages of Vogue. Hailing from Lille, France, the 20-year-old is an editorial darling at French, Italian, Japanese, and British Vogue. Jablonski is also the current face of ck by Calvin Klein, alongside, coincidentally, Wen. They also shared the March 2010 cover of Chinese Vogue. Maybe Estée Lauder will pair these two gorgeous faces together too.
--- The Cut

Quote:
Estee Lauder is about to add some spice to its stable of girl-next-door-looking beauties..

The cosmetic giant just announced that it has signed two of fashion's leading runway models -- France's Constance Jablonski and China's Liu Wen -- which makes the duo the first models Estée Lauder has signed from either country. Cover faces for the beauty brand have traditionally hailed from the U.S., U.K. and Eastern European nations like Poland and the Czech Republic.

We wonder if new creative makeup director Tom Pecheux -- who is a fixture backstage during fashion week -- is encouraging Lauder to expand its presence in the world of high fashion?

"Estée Lauder has always searched for global beauties that define a generation. Constance and Liu Wen are the beauties of our time. Both models have quickly captured the attention of the fashion and beauty world," said Aerin Lauder, Senior Vice President and Creative Director of Estée Lauder.

Jablonski is originally from Lille, France, and walked the runways for a staggering 62 shows in New York, Milan and Paris during the Fall and Winter 2010 fashion season. The icy blonde is also a favorite of the editorial fashion world, with recent appearances on the cover of Chinese Vogue and in American, British, French and Italian issues of Vogue.

Meanwhile, Wen was born in Beijing, China, and started her career on the pages of Chinese Vogue and Harper's Bazaar. And her heels are well-worn from a season of runway prancing too; she worked a total of 49 shows for the Fall and Winter 2010 fashion season, which included names like Derek Lam -- which Estee Lauder sponsored -- along with Rodarte, Carolina Herrera, Balenciaga and Michael Kors.

Look for the fresh new faces to start making ad appearances in June. We just hope that by then, the girls have kicked off those heels and are finally putting their feet up.
--- StyleList

Wow Liu is number 14 on mdc now? I really hope she can get even higher, no asian model has been higher than 14 since Ling Tan

16-04-2010
fashion elite

Quote:
The New Faces of Beauty

Catwalk queens Liu Wen and Constance Jablonski join cosmetics giant Estee Lauder’s roster of elegant faces. With their pristine looks and natural refinement, both models are perfect representatives of 21st century beauty, in the words of Estee Senior Vice President Aerin Lauder, “Constance and Liu Wen are the beauties of our time. Both models have quickly captured the attention of the fashion and beauty world.” What makes these appointments special is that this marks the first time a Chinese or French model has ever landed an Estee contract, the addition of new faces that speak to the diverse nature of beauty is a major step in the right direction. It is especially gratifying to see an Asian model in a prominent beauty campaign; we can’t wait to see the Craig McDean helmed images when it debuts in June.
---MODELS.com

17-04-2010
rising star

LIU I AM SO HAPPY 4 U!!!!

I was hoping that she would land the Givenchy campaign since she closed and Mert and Marcus have worked with a lot of asian models before...

17-04-2010
front row

I hope US Vogue books her now!

17-04-2010
rising star

I agree with ottawa.

Constance had a spread with Raymond Meir in Feb - it's time for Liu To make her debut.

Anna w - pay attention!

17-04-2010
scenester

"Meanwhile, Wen was born in Beijing, China, and started her career on the pages of Chinese Vogue and Harper's Bazaar."

someone has to tell them this: Liu Wen was born in Hunan, discovered by Marie Claire China.

17-04-2010
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booliii View Post
LIU I AM SO HAPPY 4 U!!!!

I was hoping that she would land the Givenchy campaign since she closed and Mert and Marcus have worked with a lot of asian models before...
sorry and also happy to tell you that this won't happen.

because they chose Ming Xi for f/w campaign.

18-04-2010
fashion elite

She is just lovely. The best Liu Wen interview ever

18-04-2010
V.I.P.

^I love that clip, she's so sweet!
The Estee Lauder contract is great news

18-04-2010
fashion elite

Liu and Rado

---Rado&theModels: radolgc.blogspot

18-04-2010
fashion icon

Off-topic but Rado's hair is fab . Liu is so cute. She has the most adorable smile

18-04-2010
fashion icon

nice pics! liu looks so good!

18-04-2010
V.I.P.

I love how she talks about the VS girls having "huge big boobs" Lovely video! Thanks for sharing.

18-04-2010
front row

wen really does have a beautiful soul... words cannot describe the beauty of it that i have witnessed... congrats wen!!! so deserving!!!

18-04-2010
front row

gosh, good times. that is really a big deal. another milestone on her career. I really think using an asian model is a good marketing strategy for estee lauder.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2011, february, liu, march, wen