Liu Wen (November 2015 - September 2017) - Page 53 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-05-2017
Mystiqably Honed Survivor

Pre-Met Gala "Art of the In-Btween" by Wendi Murdoch in NYC
April 29, 2017

Wearing Prabal Gurang, Jimmy Choo & Roger Vivier bag

bfa.com; instagram/cgnewyork; vogue.com; weibo.com

01-05-2017

#PreLook #MetGala2017

gif by me

01-05-2017

01-05-2017

instagram/victoria_yee_wow

02-05-2017
front row

God, she looked incredible at the met gala... As usual. And those pics of her getting ready

03-05-2017
V.I.P.

Out of all the models at the Met Gala, I think she was one of the few who tried and fitted the theme. I agree, she looked incredible. Easily my favorite look. Superb!

nymag, madamefigaro

03-05-2017

Chinese Supermodel Liu Wen
Gets Met Gala Ready With Matcha Kit Kats, Sheet Masks, and Lipstick

Quote:
By Kathleen Hou

If youíre Liu Wen, you pack the Japanese Kit Kats and leave the lipstick. ďToo much candy!Ē the Estťe Lauder spokesmodel says jokingly, when she tries to fit the lipstick into her clutch, which already contains both a matcha and sakura Kit Kat (options). Getting ready for the Met Gala at the Surrey Hotel, Liu is relaxed, smiley, and energetic (sheís the ďnicest person in history,Ē says makeup artist Victor Henao) as she bemoans that her iPhone is also too large to fit into her clutch and asks our opinion on which pair of sparkly Chanel Fine Jewelry earrings she should wear tonight.

ďI think this one, itís more simple,Ē she says, deciding on a pair of camellia diamond earrings.

A few hours before, Liu, Henao, and her hairstylist Junya Nakashima worked together to create the beauty look. ďLiu gets really excited about these events where she can express herself and really have a say in her look. She came knowing exactly what she wanted,Ē Henao said of the beautiful garnet-red lip (Estťe Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick in Red Ego and Thrilling) Liu ended up wearing. Liuís skin had a dewy finish, thanks to Estťe Lauderís Double Wear Nude Cushion Stick Radiant Makeup in 1W2 Sand and a fine touch of Bronze Goddess Illuminating Powder Gelee, a baked highlighter that Henao swept over her cheekbones. Nakashima created a slicked-back high chignon at Liuís request, sweeping the hair back to better show off the Off-White sheer and appliqued top she was wearing.

In the last few moments before going out, Henao asks, ďAre you sure you donít want to take the lipstick with you?Ē

ďNo, I wore it for an event last week and it lasted all night!Ē says Liu.

Before she headed out for the night, the Cut caught up with Liu to learn more about her ďnot that muchĒ skin-care routine, how dimples run in her family, and her favorite Chinese phrase.

Quote:
Youíve worn Comme des GarÁons a few times. How do you feel when you wear her designs?

Rei is a very creative and talented woman. Every time she designs the clothes, itís like, ďOh my god, this is amazing.Ē I sometimes feel more like an actress wearing the clothes, having a movie moment. You also feel a lot of freedom. You can do a lot of what you want to do. It can be a challenge, but when you wear her designs, you have to find a good way to represent yourself, how you look and how do you feel.

Tonight, I chose an Off-White evening gown thatís denim. Iíve never worn denim before going to the Met. The past few times, Iíve gone, itís been a pretty evening gown thatís glamorous and still a little bit my style. But I remembered a long time [ago], CDG did a collection that was denim. I have a see-through black top with sequined birds which is very sexy but the denim makes it cool. So this pays homage to the theme.

How did you decide on the beauty look?

The look is very unique so I wanted my hair to be very clear. The makeup, I love Estťe Lauder lipstick, itís my favorite product to use. I chose natural makeup ó not natural natural, but not too dramatic! My hair is pulled back so my face is very strong. So itís just eyeliner, mascara, and a beautiful dark-red lipstick.

How long does it take you to do your nighttime beauty routine?

My beauty routine is not really that much. First, you have to clean your skin before going to bed. I use a face cleanser and then use a lot of toner and moisturizer. Sometimes, I use the Advanced Night Repair serum, and a little bit of massage. Sometimes, your face has a lot of fluid, sometimes I do it very hard and hurt myself. Itís easy when somebody else does it for you! But itís harder when you doing it yourself and you have to go up and down and really massage hard!

Sometimes, I use an Advanced Night Repair Power Foil mask up to three times a week. But if Iím very busy traveling, I use more.

I like how you said your beauty routine was ďnot that muchĒ but...

I know, I know! [Laughs.] But Iím used to doing it now so itís simple.

You have such a good energy, youíre always happy and smiling. How do you always stay so energetic?

I have dimples, I think thatís why people think that. Thatís why I laugh so much. Sometimes, I think I should smile less so I get fewer smile lines but Ö oh well. But I just love the people around me. Theyíre happy and I genuinely love my work so much. Everyone is nice, so why would I be sad? And New York is beautiful.

Do dimples run in your family?

My fatherís sister ó my aunt has it. My mom and my dad donít have it. But this one [points to right dimple] is more deep than this one.

Quote:
Youíre one of the most followed Chinese celebrities on Instagram. How do you approach Instagram day-to-day?

I feel like itís my diary. Everyday you post to remember what you did and share it with the people. In the beginning I was a little afraid, I thought social media was too powerful.

But itís been very interesting to share with people about my work, my travel, and personal life. And I have a hashtag #WenInFlight that shares my view when Iím in flight and traveling. You can connect with people all over the world, it makes it feel small. Fans approach and give you comments, itís so sweet.

What do you like to eat when youíre in China?

Always Chinese food, I like spicy food. I grew up in Southwest China, where thatís a specialty and we eat more rice than noodles. I like qing jiao chao rou si ó green chili peppers with pork. Thatís my hometown food. And also, xuan dou jiang chao rou ó itís like soy beans cut up in soy sauce and cooked. It doesnít exist in New York. And I love xiao long bao or soup dumplings.

Here in New York, I have so many food restaurant apps on my phone. I use Yelp and Seamless to deliver. In New York, itís easy to get everything. This morning we had brunch and I had banana pancakes from a random restaurant.

Whatís your favorite phrase in Chinese?

I have two: One means if you have the right preparation for everything, you will succeed. The other is, donít rush, at the end of the day will end up going smoothly.

Whatís on your iPhone lock screen?

Itís a picture I took in Flatiron. I like something to match my phone. Right now, itís a black-and-white photo of the Flatiron Building because it matches my case. For my other phone, my iPhone for China (I donít like to switch cards all the time), I have a white background.

Whatís the longest youíve ever spent in hair and makeup?

Sometimes, the time passes so quickly because we [are] always chatting, or Iím listening to music and reading a book. Sometimes I feel like itís too short and I didnít even finish my book and my makeup is done!

Whatís the most exciting thing youíve ever done?

Skydiving a [long] time ago. Moving forward, I donít know. For my job, Iím so happy that I shot the Vogue March 2017 cover, that was my dream. Maybe in the future, some sporty stuff. I look like a sporty girl, but I am so, so bad. Seriously. No really, I am so bad. I wish I could dance and challenge myself with that.

Right now, Iím living my dream to travel, challenge myself, and have fun. I want to stay in this business but maybe challenge myself as an actress. So maybe acting!

nymag.com

03-05-2017

Forbes Asia May 2017
Ph: Sasha Maslov
Report by Glenda Toma

weibo.com

gif by me

04-05-2017

Front row Chanel Cruise 2018 in Paris
May 3, 2017

gif by me; chanel.com; instagram/yolanda715318; weibo.com; zimbio.com

05-05-2017
V.I.P.

Liu Wen | RUNWAY COLLECTIONS by i DEST | HQ

youtube via i DEST

06-05-2017

#ComingSoon #BTS #PouringRain

Quote:
That face! Thanks for an amazing day @liuwenlw
instagram/russelljames

instagrams: fulviafarolfi, jumiusw & russelljames

07-05-2017

instagrams: chionipeng, janekimnyc, liuwenlw & thesocietynyc, victorhenao; weibo.com

07-05-2017

]

gifs by me; weibo.com

08-05-2017

instagrams: annie__jung & liuwenlw; weibo.com

09-05-2017

Yeah, at least she was unconventional too. Appreciated her effort and incorporation of the elements in her look. And the makeup is beautiful and those BTS pictures are just stunning. Wow!

Hopefully something good comes out of the James' shoot. Look forward to that.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2015, 2017, liu, november, september, wen