How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-05-2013
V.I.P.

she is wearing Alberta Ferretti

13-05-2013
V.I.P.

photo credit: Courtesy Photo

Quote:
Best approach to style vs. motherhood?

It's possible to embrace both! I want to spend as much time as possible with my children, so I always like to keep my beauty and fashion routines effortless... but still chic! Beauty-wise, anything that can be used for more than one purpose is key, such as using a little lip gloss to smudge an eyeshadow to make it more dramatic for evening. For my wardrobe, I like to invest in classic pieces and pair them with more trendy new pieces and accessories each season. Anything that can go from day to night is a mother's best friend.

What was the most surprising thing about becoming a mom?

How quickly your priorities become clear. For me it's family, health, freedom, respect, creativity.

Best lesson your mom gave you?

Do not take 'No' for an answer.

Best advice for maintaining a work/motherhood balance?

Take everything one day at a time. Plan all you want but then plan to have nothing go as planned. Give in to the ride.

What do your children do to make you laugh?

Telling jokes at the dinner table! Lately, they are all about Garfield.

Best method to de-stress?

Family vacations are a must, but for a quick fix, I adore reading and the cinema. Something to take my mind on a journey. And lately I am into taking baths.

Chicest mom you know?

My Mom.

Fill in the blank: This mother's day I want...

People to know that every minute a mother dies from treatable or preventable pregnancy or childbirth complications. That is close to half a million women each year who leave more than 1 million children motherless and 99% of those deaths are in the developing world. For this Mother's Day, and the whole month of MAY, I want everyone to help save another mother's life by supporting The Liya Kebede Foundation.

Liya Kebede is mom to Raee and Suhul, an actress, model, designer, and
maternal health advocate.To celebrate Mother's Day, Liya is contributing 25% of the proceeds from the sale of each lemlem Walsh Split Scarf during the month of May to The Liya Kebede Foundation. The Liya Kebede Foundation is committed to ensuring that every mother, no matter where she lives has access to life-saving care.
harpersbazaar.com

13-05-2013
V.I.P.

I did not know that she has two children, only knew about her son

14-05-2013
V.I.P.

Can't wait to see her in Cannes

14-05-2013
the mysteries

lovely family.

15-05-2013
V.I.P.

Inspiring words from @chobani founder Hamdi Ulukaya #2013gdf @DiasporaIdea @statedept @USAID global diaspora forum

instagram/liyakebede

16-05-2013
V.I.P.

'Jeune & Jolie' Premiere - The 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival

getty

16-05-2013
V.I.P.

getty

16-05-2013
the mysteries

flawless at cannes. girl can do no wrong when it comes to style.

17-05-2013
fashion elite

She's absolutely stunning on the red carpet.

W Magazine June/July 2013 - Preview
"Survival of the Chicest"
Photographed by Mikael Jansson
Styled by Edward Enninful

review/snaps via t-rex

17-05-2013
V.I.P.

Flawless!

18-05-2013
_____

Cannes Day 2

vogue.fr

Liya, Eva Longoria & Doutzen for L'oreal Paris at the Cannes Film Festival

twitter/LOrealParisUSA

18-05-2013
_____

Kicking off 2013 Cannes Film Festival with Liya Kebede

Quote:
Freshly arrived at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival, supermodel Liya Kebede sits down with Makeup.com to give us a first peek at the scene on the ground, dish on her latest beauty discoveries, and share what makes her feel the most beautiful.

Tell us a little bit about what youíve got planned for Cannes this year. Is there anything in particular that youíre really looking forward to or excited about?

Iíve been coming to Cannes for the past three years with L'Orťal Paris and itís something I always look forward to. Cannes is exciting and the festival is really incredible and international. People come from all over the world to celebrate cinema so itís always a pleasure to be here and to watch great film and meet and mingle with really interesting people.

Whatís the atmosphere like there this year?

Well itís kind of picking up slowly because of the weather. Itís been raining and just today thereís a little bit of sun, which Iím trying to take advantage of as Iím sitting outside and talking to you. People are still hoping that the weather will clear because itís difficult to walk the red carpet when thereís rain and your dress is stuck in the puddle. (laughs) But I think itís going to be good going forward.

Youíve mentioned in other interviews before that you have a fairly simple approach to beauty, but when it comes to glamorous occasions is there one thing that you really enjoy playing up or having fun with?

Yeah, I really do love going all out when Iím outólike at Cannes or the Met Gala earlier. On those kinds of occasions, itís fun to experiment and find a new look. Iím always up for testing things out. I do love a red lip a lot, which is fun, and adds a chicness to any outfit you have on. Iím also always up for dark eyes, smoky eyes, different linersÖI like to play around more for special occasions.

Do you have any beauty products that you carry with you at all times?

Usually I always carry mascara in my bagóIíve been using the Voluminous Million Lashes Waterproof Mascara from L'Orťal Paris for a long time. I also always have a black lineróI do the Gel Intenza Super Lineróand a red lipstick. When I come to Cannes, I also like to pick up one of my favorite French pharmacie products: lip balm from Homeoplasmine.

Recently Iíve also been carrying Elvive Extraordinary Oil for my hair, because I find that my hair has been so dry lately and tired from being brushed and blow driedóall those things we do it every day. I want to give it a bit of hydration so I put the oil on, leave it in, and wash it the next day. Iím also planning on using it all summer at the beach as a protector from the sun.

What about your skin? Is there anything you use to protect it since youíre also always in and out of makeup all the time?

A lot of it is that I take good care of my skin when I take off my makeup and hydrate it very well. I donít do a lot of facials but I always apply a thick cream after taking off my makeup and just let it nourish my skin.

What is it that makes you feel the most beautiful?

I think it depends. When Iím on the red carpet of course, because I have the most amazing outfit and the hair and the makeup are so perfect. At the same time, I also feel very beautiful when Iím in the sun and with my kids in a natural state. And happiness makes me feel very beautiful as well. It depends, you know.
makeup.com

19-05-2013
fashion insider

Liya Kebede attends the Premiere of 'Jimmy P. (Psychotherapy Of A Plains Indian)' at Palais des Festivals during The 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival on May 18, 2013 in Cannes, France

gettyimages.es

19-05-2013
_____

vogue.fr

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2014, kebede, liya, march