How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-10-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Name

Madison Leyes.

Born in

Toronto, Canada.

I start Modelling when

"An Agency in Toronto find me and than I come to Milan."

My Style is

"French man."

Fashion Tip

"You can never be too masculine."

Favourite TopModel

"Agyness Deyn."

Favourite Dress

"By Alexander McQueen."

Fashion is

"Knowing who you are and showing it."
Interests

"Film, Behavioral science."

Music/Movie/Books/Sport

"I love P.T. Anderson, Perfume: the story of a murderer, Novels, Hockey and run."

My Best Experience was

"Having a perfectly mundane day and relizing I could not be any happier. Happiness comes from you, not from anything else."

Future and Projects

"To be a producer for film."

My Biggest Dream

"To know and love any city I love as much as Toronto."

One Day I want to

"Have my father walk me down the aisle."

Travels

"Slow steps, travelling is not visiting, it is living and breathing the city you are in. In my mind, I have not quite yet travelled to Milan. Soon."

I Love
"My little sister Holland. She is going to be an amazing adult one day."

A special thanks to
"Linda and Kemp."

Marilena Borgna
Published:
10/27/2011
vogue.it

10-12-2011
V.I.P.

Madison did Prada S/S 2012 Tokyo too regarding the vid

26-12-2011
V.I.P.

theyellowcap.bonaelamour.com

31-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Madison Leyes after Miu Miu

vanessajackman.blogspot

05-01-2012
trendsetter

Meet the New Girl: Madison Leyes Had a Moment With Miuccia Prada

Hailing from Toronto, newcomer Madison Leyes is the latest Canadian to make waves in the modeling industry. The 19-year-old landed an exclusive catwalk deal for the spring 2012 show season, modeling on the Prada and Miu Miu runways in Milan and Paris respectively. But getting to that coveted exclusive wasn't easy. After several failed attempts at finding representation, Leyes took it upon herself to walk into Elmer Olsen Model Management (famous for launching the career of Daria Werbowy); she walked out with a contract that same day. Currently represented by Wilhelmina in New York, we met with Leyes to chat about working closely with Miuccia, her obsession with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and more.

Tell me a bit about your childhood.
I was born and raised in the West End of Toronto. Where I grew up was just on the edge of a really nice area; I lived in the worst house on the best block. [As a child], I was completely out of control. I didn't have any sort of sense of embarrassment, so I would just do whatever I wanted to do. Once, in second or third grade, I was bored taking a test so I crawled around on the floor talking to other people.

You were discovered a few weeks before Fashion Week.
Right, in Toronto. I had actually been scouted before a few times, but whenever I would go into the agencies, I never got a positive reaction. Finally, I was fed up and went into Elmer Olsen, and he immediately said, “I believe we can do this.”

So you actively sought out modeling, then?
Well, I always have this really vivid memory of being younger, and I think I’d just come back from a career fair. I just remember Googling "jobs that will allow me to travel,” and modeling came up. [Laughs.]

You were placed on exclusive with Prada and Miu Miu this past show season.

It was pretty intense. I worked with Miuccia [Prada] and her team every day — including weekends — for about a month, until the collection was designed. I didn’t even know that I was even being considered to walk. I thought I was just doing the looks, and I was happy doing that.

What do you remember most about the show?
Well, it’s funny because I don’t really remember the show. As soon as I got off the runway I was like, “Whoa, did I just do that?!” I was so focused, and on top of that, when we were ready to walk out, I was [somehow] under the impression that it was rehearsal. So I got out on the catwalk and I was like, “Oh! Not rehearsal!” You can actually see the change in my face.

How was it working with Miuccia?
Actually, right before I got out on the runway, she was holding my hand — as I thought it was a rehearsal. She’s very reserved, but not cold. She’s just very focused on what she’s doing. When you see her smile, though, you know she’s genuinely happy. She’s not someone who does the fake, cold smile.

How did you kill time backstage?
I’m really good at Angry Birds now.

Did you do the looks for Miu Miu, too?

Yeah, I did, with the show’s other exclusive, Ophelie [Rupp] for about a week or two. It was nice; we got to hang out all day every day.

Do you work hard to maintain that runway physique?

Well, I just do a lot of stretching. I have a little bit of a bad back, so I have to kind of stretch and make the effort to keep my back really straight. This also helps with my core, too.

What about your diet?

I don’t eat meat. I did dip into fish when I was in Milan because there were no nuts around. For Canadian Thanksgiving, I was in Milan staying at a models' apartment, and I found some butternut squash, which I cut in half and filled with with vegetarian stuffing. We had garlic green beans and mashed potatoes, of course.

What scares you?

Being buried alive, definitely.

What about a guilty pleasure?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer. My grandma introduced it to me and it’s my favorite show ever. I used to fall asleep listening to the musical episode every single night. I still debate over who I would date, Angel or Spike ...

Angel, obviously. What do your parents think of your newfound success?

I talk to my dad everyday. He’s very excited about all the places I’m traveling to. He knows how strong I am in terms of my personality, so he’s not worried. Although, the first thing he made me learn when I was going to Milan was how to kick a guy in the balls. [Laughs.]

from nymag fashion blog 'The Cut'

trendsetter

No showcards & shows for Madison so far?
Posted via Mobile Device

16-03-2012
trendsetter

Prada Fantasy Lookbook Spring/Summer 2012

fashiongonerogue.com

16-03-2012
trendsetter

good for her booking the look book!

17-03-2012
V.I.P.

^Well, the lookbook is just pictures backstage from the show, graphically enhanced afterwards.

17-03-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax80 View Post
^Well, the lookbook is just pictures backstage from the show, graphically enhanced afterwards.
Ahh, thanks, I was wondering why she looked exactly how she did in the Prada show.

17-06-2012
trendsetter

A lovely interview from papermag.com
Quote:
Model Madison Leyes Chats With Us About Her Breakout Year By Pierguido Grassano

19-year-old Canadian model Madison Leyes is one of the more intriguing rising stars in the modeling industry, if not for her whirlwind discovery story alone. Leyes was spotted by agent last July at a "boot camp" day for Toronto modeling agency Elmer Olson, in which agency reps from around the world come to check out Olson's newest recruits. By September, she was living in Milan, with an exclusive deal to walk the runways for Prada and Miu Miu during both 2012 seasons. (This is basically like going in to audition for a one-line part in a movie and leaving with a lead role.) Here, Italian photographer Pierguido Grassano chats with with the Wilhelmina New York model about life in Milano, her love for movies, and what the past year's been like for the up-and-comer.

I know that your last months have been very busy and exciting. How did you spend them?

It's been incredible -- I was dropped from my regular life into to a totally different world, walking runways, doing castings and traveling around to Milan, Tokyo, Paris and New York.

And which city have you enjoyed the best?

I'm in love with Milan. I've been living here for the last five months. It's wonderful. Milan's in between feeling like a town and a city -- it's big, but livable. I never use the subway, I just ride the street cars. I like waking up earlier and taking a long tram trip where I can enjoy the view, rather than traveling 10 minutes underground. People always tell me that Italian cities like Florence, Rome and Venice are more beautiful, and maybe that's true, but Milan is still my favorite.

What idea did you have of the fashion world before joining the industry?

Honestly, I didn't have one. I never thought about fashion, but now I'm able to see just how much hard work and time goes into every collection by designers.

Was modeling one of your goals? Or would you rather be doing something else?

When I was little, I dreamed of being an actress or a director. I'd still like to be a director. My family is very passionate about visual arts. My mother is a painter and my dad is a photographer. My dad got me into watching movies when I was pretty young. I loved watching Spartacus when I was 10. My dad actually studied film-photography and he'd always stop the movie to show me all the particulars.

Who's your favorite director?

Paul Thomas Anderson.

This year has been so crazy for you. Any standout moments?
My birthday in December. I was here in Milan with my roommates, my friends and my father.
Another moment, of course, was when I was chosen to work for Prada. My agent in Toronto told me I was walking in the show and it was unbelievable. I was overwhelmed and just trying to take it all in and another guy from the agency said, "She's having her Prada moment".

This story was published on Mar. 19, 2012

Is she still working with Prada Team in Milan??

17-06-2012
V.I.P.

Whatever happened to the "you're now a part of the Prada family"....?

17-06-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Madison Leyes at Why Not.
Photography: Mara Corsino Styling Fabiana Fierotti.
Hair Marco Braca. Makeup Thais Bretas.
February, 10

Mara Corsino's Tumblr

17-06-2012
trendsetter

Fantantics Magazine (2011)
Photography: Joel Esposito

Cover: joelesposito.tumblr.com
Editorial: Fantasticsmag.com

Last edited by Kallu; 17-06-2012 at 05:30 PM.
17-06-2012
trendsetter

Better Quality

joelesposito.tumblr.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
leyes, madison