How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-06-2010
假装不正经

Quote:
NEW YORK - JUNE 08: (L-R) Gemma Kahng, Alex McCord, and Maggie Rizer attends the opening of the Leica Boutique at the Willoughby's Imaging Center on June 8, 2010 in New York City.

getty

25-06-2010
V.I.P.

How could you not love her after watching this video?

http://www.vogue.it/en/vogue-starsce...6/maggie-rizer

25-06-2010
假装不正经

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelineo View Post
How could you not love her after watching this video?

http://www.vogue.it/en/vogue-starsce...6/maggie-rizer
Oh god, she is so utterly cool and loveable that it's unreal.
Her in that red dress=PERFECTION.

thank you so much for posting.

V.I.P.

^ Thanks so much!! I am so glad Maggie is back and looks so great!! I still think there is a secret love involved here...

25-06-2010
V.I.P.

You're Welcome She did look amazing in the dress. I can't wait until her books come out. I will be purchasing them.

25-06-2010
V.I.P.

Nicole Miller Resort 2011

style

25-06-2010
V.I.P.

style

26-06-2010
假装不正经

^Thanks heaps AriLove!
Maggie is back!!!

Last edited by min-SH; 26-06-2010 at 02:30 AM.
27-06-2010
windowshopping

I love Maggie Rizer A month ago Maggie became my obsession, I want more photos, even unofficials. I'm happy to having found this awesome forum, thanks to Maggie I'm interesting in models.

27-06-2010
V.I.P.

^ I understand!! And welcome to the gang!!

27-06-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by min-SH View Post
^Thanks heaps AriLove!
Maggie is back!!!
You're welcome She's been looking sensational lately..I wouldn't mind a proper comeback for her, she's so gorgeous

27-06-2010
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

lov those Nicole miller pics her look is timeless!! The latest candids are also awesome

28-06-2010
V.I.P.

Maggie is featured on Vogue.it!!! Really nice article
"The duration of a model's career is not like that of a professional athlete. Many girls have their 15 minutes of fame and return to the shade. Without ever going back to relive what has been"
"Now I have my own interpretation of what I think is beautiful"

Famous for

A perfect oval face and a few freckles that give her the air of a girl next door from small town USA. Even when she became one of the best-paid top models in the world, in the late nineties, she never lost what remains her most obvious characteristic: the strength to fall and rise again.

Personal style

She is much sought-after by photographers and high fashion brands for her capacity to change easily from a fresh, trustworthy and naïve girl into a sophisticated face of the Upper East Side. Like a good smalltown girl, she is split between her keenness to please everyone and the temptation to wear those comfortable baggy jeans she grew up in for the whole day.

Before beginning to work in fashion, she scoured the Salvation Army for vintage clothes, and her Mother's old clothes from the 1960's: "I wasn't really aware of fashion as far as magazines and such and only knew about Kate Moss from the Calvin Klein ads because all the kids were into her".

Zoom

It all began when neighbours advised Maggie's mother (when she was seventeen years old) to send some photos of her daughter to a Ford agency in New York. They were her graduation photographs, which appeared in the local newspaper of Watertown, where Maggie was born. She was immediately offered a contract, which she initially turned down because she preferred to continue her studies.

She attended a semester at the Rochester Institute of Technology and another at the State University of New York in Geneseo. But the Ford agent who had her photos, Louis Chabal, called to tell her that Steven Meisel wanted her for a photo feature in Vogue Italia: "I had no idea who Meisel was; even though everyone tried to explain it to me, I didn't pay it any mind. I thought that, all in all, I was not that bothered about doing a few photos for an Italian newspaper. But I told myself that at least I would be able to show the photos to my friends. I never imagined that some people devote a whole lifetime to achieving that goal".

The feature in Vogue Italia was 20 pages long. It was 1997 and the springboard for the career of the girl from Watertown was of the best possible kind. Two years later, she appeared alongside her idol, Kate Moss, on the cover of Vogue US.

Meisel suggested that she change her look before her debut on the New York catwalks and, amazing everyone, she accepted the advice and changed from boring long blond locks to a carrot-coloured surfer hairstyle.

In 2000 she was a candidate for Top Model of the Year and, even though she did not win, she was much in demand. "I remember that at that time I had been living in Manhattan for a year, and my agent calls me and announces that they want me for an advertisement by Vuitton. He told me: 'They will only pay $200,000, but you'll see: in no time at all your ratings will be sky high'". She employed a financial advisor to administer this fortune.

John Breen, her stepfather, offered to handle this personally. She trusted him as though he were her real father, and entrusted everything to him. But Breen, an alcoholic and gambling addict, squandered all her earnings in a very short time. "It was a shock; I couldn't believe it. And not just for the money. I sent him to jail, and for me that was unthinkable. I mean, my mother married him when I was 8 years old, I grew up with him; he is part of my life".

For Maggie this blow translated into a loss of faith in herself and in others. He lent her image for a couple of profitable advertising campaigns to pay the debts contracted by Breen and left Manhattan. Soon she began to put on weight and stopped working in the world of fashion: "It just got worse and worse. And I just felt like crawling in a hole because I didn't want any of it to exist".

Her agency, IMG, stopped promoting her image and advised her to get back in shape with psychotherapy. For the next five years Maggie didn't work.

She began to train five days a week at the Trinity Box Club gym, in the Financial District, and went back to wearing a size 38: "I have never been so in shape as now". She dyed her hair red again, had a new fringe and was ready to return to work.

After the death of her biological father from Aids, she has become increasingly aware of the importance of information, and it is very active in the promotion of prevention campaigns. She is also the ambassadress of Operation Smile.

She's writing two books. One is a memoir of her life, the relationship with her stepfather, her father's death, but also on the world of fashion: "Everybody think that the fashion industry is made from insincere and negative people. Instead this is a world where you can find great people". The second one is a romance set in a dynamic fashion agency.

Never leaves home without

Sunscreen.

In public

"At every event I try to be simply fabulous."

In private

Sportswear, an Abercrombie sweatshirt and comfortable jeans to take her Golden Retriever for walks.

Shoes and bags

Prada.

Jewelry

"I rarely go to shopping to buy jewelry. I prefer simple pieces, without too many charms."

Hair

It keeps changing colour: "I've gone back and forth so many times. My hair would probably really like it if I picked one. I like both. I think blonde is more of a reality and red is more playing make believe.

Her icon

Cindy Crawford: "She used her career as a model as a springboard to do something else. If I succeeded in doing like her I would consider myself truly lucky".

Favourite dress

An evening gown by Gucci.

Favourite stylists

Prada: "I adore Miuccia and everything she does. She has such a strong character: if she doesn't like something she says so clearly. And she is not afraid to dare". Michael Kors: "He is fun and likeable, and he really worries about the people he has around him". Marc Jacobs, Anna Sui.

Motto

"When someone beats you down, just stand up taller and prouder and keep pushing forward".

Favourite food

Mexican Tortillas.

Favourite drink

Pepsi Cola.

Good habits

Walking with her dog, Philip, in Washington Square Park. Going cycling and running.

Bad habits

Chocolate, ice cream and television. "And I drink too much coffee. And wine, when I'm with my friends."

She loves

The summer and travelling. "But when I'm on a working trip, the thing that I prefer is sleeping in hotel. With room service it's my perfect holiday".

She hates

Waiting too long at airports.

Twitter

@maggierizer

ADDRESS BOOK

Restaurants

Tartine, Tortilla Flats and Hog Pit in New York.

Shops

Everything inl Meatpacking District, New York.

Hairstylists

Garren, New York.

Holidays

"My cottage in Ontario".

Marika Surace

28-06-2010
假装不正经

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuno View Post
I love Maggie Rizer A month ago Maggie became my obsession, I want more photos, even unofficials. I'm happy to having found this awesome forum, thanks to Maggie I'm interesting in models.
warm welcome to you!

假装不正经

Quote:
Maggie Rizer attends The Cinema Society & Piaget host a screening of 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' at the Crosby Street Hotel on June 28, 2010 in New York, New York.

getty

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
maggie, rizer