How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-01-2010
V.I.P.

I guess that shows are not such a big part of Marloes career pattern, and it's better for her anyway. She had Vogue Russia, Vogue Germany main editorial by Bruce Weber, L'Officle, V Magazine, a Valentino contract, Pirelli and VS last year, what can one more ask for? Walking shows is actually a good way to get buzz around you. Then again Marloes does really not need that since she's getting a lot in any way. I think she will be Holland's next big money girl, like Doutzen or so.

10-01-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugo View Post
Rony Shram Photoshoot:

ronyshram.com
holy crap shees to beautiful

11-01-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologne_rocks View Post
I guess that shows are not such a big part of Marloes career pattern, and it's better for her anyway. She had Vogue Russia, Vogue Germany main editorial by Bruce Weber, L'Officle, V Magazine, a Valentino contract, Pirelli and VS last year, what can one more ask for? Walking shows is actually a good way to get buzz around you. Then again Marloes does really not need that since she's getting a lot in any way. I think she will be Holland's next big money girl, like Doutzen or so.
Noway. That's Miss Stone ofcourse. There is so much more then you just said, like a Vogue Paris of Vogue Italia ed.
Nimue Smit is also in the running let's not forget Ymre Stiekema, Lisanne de Jong, Patricia van der Vliet and Mirte Maas.
And I do think she is not in the position to not walk that much shows.
She also said in a interview that's she really wants to walk big shows so after this season there was nothing.

Last edited by Forrest; 11-01-2010 at 01:55 PM.

11-01-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Noway. That's Miss Stone ofcourse. There is so much more then you just said, like a Vogue Paris of Vogue Italia ed.
Nimue Smit is also in the running let's not forget Ymre Stiekema, Lisanne de Jong, Patricia van der Vliet and Mirte Maas.
And I do think she is not in the position to not walk that much shows.
She also said in a interview that's she really wants to walk big shows so after this season there was nothing.
I wouldn't consider Miss Stone as the "next" big thing, as she already is now.
Nimue Smit is a good model as well as Patricia, but they are fairly away from high end things that Marloes has in store for us.
People tend to forget about that "Meisel" isn't everything. Vogue praises you to skies one day and forgets about you even before you reached sky's limits you know
If you had compared diverse "high fashion" casts to Pirelli calendar casts, you can easily see where the next superstars are being involved in. Pirelli 2010 was an option to kill for, especially for a girl like Marloes, who's kind of new to the fashion world. It opens so many doors for her. A newbie next to Anna Beatrice Barros, Catherina McNeil, Miranda Kerr, Lily Cole, Rosie Huntington Whiteley and everything casted by Jennifer Starr, is only one thing: super huge and definitely even of more importance than a Vogue Italia shooting with some random newbies by Meisel.

Last edited by cologne_rocks; 11-01-2010 at 02:40 PM.

11-01-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
I guess that shows are not such a big part of Marloes career pattern, and it's better for her anyway.
That's because she's short for a runway model, no ... ? I don't see how not doing shows is better for her.

11-01-2010
front row

honestly give this girl a pair of heels and she's good to go. fashion week IS coming up so we'll see what's next for her

12-01-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
I wouldn't consider Miss Stone as the "next" big thing, as she already is now.
Nimue Smit is a good model as well as Patricia, but they are fairly away from high end things that Marloes has in store for us.
People tend to forget about that "Meisel" isn't everything. Vogue praises you to skies one day and forgets about you even before you reached sky's limits you know
If you had compared diverse "high fashion" casts to Pirelli calendar casts, you can easily see where the next superstars are being involved in. Pirelli 2010 was an option to kill for, especially for a girl like Marloes, who's kind of new to the fashion world. It opens so many doors for her. A newbie next to Anna Beatrice Barros, Catherina McNeil, Miranda Kerr, Lily Cole, Rosie Huntington Whiteley and everything casted by Jennifer Starr, is only one thing: super huge and definitely even of more importance than a Vogue Italia shooting with some random newbies by Meisel.
Nah you said nexy big money model and after Doutzen is that obv. Lara Stone. I don't think Meisel is eveything, cause one day you're in and the next day you're out. Also Rianne ten Haken shot voor Pirelli and look how that turn out (well she is coming back now but there fore). Also I think a Balenciaga, Prada or Giorgio Armani campaign is pretty damn HUGE.
Nobody knows in Holland Marloes Horst what is such a pitty cause she is stunning. And not to be a bitch, but the casting for the Pirelli Calendat are ofcourse supermodels, but they are not Sasha P, Raquel Z, Lara S, Kate Moss etc. etc.

I think we just disagree with each other

12-01-2010
backstage pass

i think it is really too bad that marloes does not do shows. she is not tall, i think really 1.74, but there are so many other models of that height who have done lots of shows. i think that doing shows is very important and would definitely help her career. i guess that she does not want to do them, but that is really too bad for her.

12-01-2010
V.I.P.

I don't think the problem is whether she's tall or not. (anyway, they all wear heels on runways..)
A lot of models are also 174cm but agencies do what "they want", if they want to list a girl as 176cm, they don't care about it...So her height isn't the problem, i guess.

But i agree with cologne_rocks in the way that she already did a lot of things interesting (Pirelli, a bunch of eds etc...),that don't call into question her career.

12-01-2010
V.I.P.

^Don't know about that. She did interesting things ofcourse, but then again there's so much more.
maybe she is up for f/w this season.

12-01-2010
congratulations, nerds.

It looks like she might be shooting with Terry Richardson again because she featured on his blog a few days ago...

terrysdiary.com

12-01-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
^Don't know about that. She did interesting things ofcourse, but then again there's so much more.
maybe she is up for f/w this season.
Let's just hope for this.
I'm sure she could rocks out the catwalks....

12-01-2010
V.I.P.

I agree that she can turn into a money girl but I don't think it's realistic to call her the next Doutzen (who actually has done a fair amount of shows, not to mention tons of editorials before becoming more commercial)

Shows are actually important, unless you're already a well known familiar face, which Marloes clearly isn't....nowadays height doesn't matter that much, as blacklab said.

Plus the Pirelli calendar isn't THAT much of a big deal to be honest.

12-01-2010
V.I.P.

Yeah I do think she can makes lots of money and hoping that she is gonna do some big shows. Just not yet. It's to early now.
And also think that Style expert is right! But let's get back to other things.

13-01-2010
front row

i don't get the hype with doutzen to be honest, i couldn't care less about her. i think marloes is incredibly versatile, she can do cute and high fashion at the same time. great eds, great face. i do agree that doing runway would really help boost her NAME and her popularity which would open so many doors for her..i don't think many people can put a name on her face if they saw her in a magazine

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2007, 2010, february, horst, marloes, november