How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-08-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arielelizabeth View Post
Agreed. That was really harsh. She seems like a strong woman who knows what she wants and how to get it. But of course that makes her a "bitch". Plus, you never know how the interviewer felt about her. They could have portrayed her in a bad light out of spite. I think the interview is fine. Gorgeous photos! The dresses are just lovely!
I know, it's ridiculous... sorry to pull an old one but "bitch" would just be "in command" if this was a man.

What I get from the interview is mere awkwardness... from someone that's a bit fed up with redundant questions and has never been about telling stories and being fun with the press, and a journalist that's obviously not remotely interested in her subject... I'd be she thinks modeling doesn't require skills or even a tiny bit of business strategy, she just gathered some (tabloid) basics for research and took the interview from there to figure her subject out and show the result to the reader, not once you see a solid question that could potentially generate an interesting answer, she's gathering Miranda's take on the press, private life and what her presence on a shoot consists of. Quite shallow, and probably because she thinks what she's doing (interviewing a model and alas, not Jodorowsky) is shallow, and it doesn't have to be...

I don't think the power of journalists is, for better or for worse like in this case, ever properly acknowledged in interviews... I remember US Elle, for endless years (haven't checked if they're still doing it), used to make fools out of their cover stars, really present them in a bad light... and the next month you'd get the simplistic readers' letters "I was so disappointed to read she's such an airhead!".. uhh aw hey non-airhead, how about thinking harder and questioning the material you're reading even if it's freaking Elle.. (or Sunday Style).

20-08-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelabella View Post
The list is strange. Earlier this month Kate Moss reportedly made 19 million, and now on forbes moved to the 4th position!?
I'm going to take it with a grain of salt, I find it hard to believe that Doutzen and Alessandra made less than 3 million a year specially with the big contracts they have, specially Doutzen, VS, H&M and L'Oreal surely coughed up more than 3 million on top of her campaigns. Alessandra's VS contract would give her more and she always has a couple of ventures going on here in the USA and Brazil/South America.

23-08-2013
V.I.P.

Miranda Kerr heads into LAX Airport to catch a departing flight on Thursday afternoon (August 22) in Los Angeles.

justjared.com

23-08-2013
V.I.P.

instagram.com/mirandakerr

23-08-2013
V.I.P.

Miranda Kerr flashes a smile as she arrives at her apartment on Thursday night (August 22) in New York City.

justjared.com

23-08-2013
V.I.P.

Love the outfit.

She wears her sunglasses at night...and now that'll be in my head all day.

24-08-2013
V.I.P.

24-08-2013
V.I.P.

24-08-2013
V.I.P.

Miranda Kerr steps out of her apartment building looking absolutely beautiful in a blue dress on Saturday evening (August 24) in New York City.

justjared.com

24-08-2013
V.I.P.

VS

victoriassecret

25-08-2013
backstage pass

Out in NY

dailymail.co.uk

26-08-2013
scenester

I think that's the same dress she wore years ago in those pictures of her and Orlando on a balcony.

26-08-2013
V.I.P.

Interview September 2013

"6. The Goddesses"
Photographer: Fabien Baron
Stylist: Karl Templer
Hair: Recine
Make-up: Diane Kendal
Models: Miranda Kerr, Candice Swanepoel, Constance Jablonski, Andreea Diaconu, Behati Prinsloo, Toni Garrn, Doutzen Kroes, Karlina Caune, Jourdan Dunn

27-08-2013
V.I.P.

27-08-2013
V.I.P.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, december, june, kerr, miranda