How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-01-2011
rising star

If you scroll down to the image of the newborn you will see her comment about the natural birth above that ... :-)

http://www.koraorganics.com/blog/liv...hanks-so-much/

13-01-2011
fashion elite

Just gorgeous, thanks so much hon. I did natural birth too, no drugs or pain killers!!! Love Miranda xxx

Miranda's quote on Kora blog

13-01-2011
oh! darling

Oprah would say, "Go girl."

It isn't easy to opt out of drugs during childbirth. I think Miranda is very down-to-earth (and I don't use that word often), and I think she wanted to enjoy the miracle of bringing her son into the world and enjoying every aspect of it.

13-01-2011
V.I.P.

^100% agree with that statement, I used to have a different concept of her ... but lately, she has grown in me through her personality and her closeness to fans.

Congrats to them!

13-01-2011
oh! darling

Especially since she wrote a book -regardless of if that book has any substance to it- is in itself monumental. Not just that she's famous and could easily get it published, but the joy of writing and wanting to share her experiences and lessons in an industry that not many of us are familiar with, I find Miranda Kerr to be a beautiful human being. Not just outside but also inside.

13-01-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa_levante View Post
Especially since she wrote a book -regardless of if that book has any substance to it- is in itself monumental. Not just that she's famous and could easily get it published, but the joy of writing and wanting to share her experiences and lessons in an industry that not many of us are familiar with, I find Miranda Kerr to be a beautiful human being. Not just outside but also inside.
agreed. we all know she's not an award winning writer, she's a model first and foremost, and just wants to share her experience. i still don't get why people have a hard time with that

15-01-2011
fashion icon

not sure if this has been posted

Quote:
Miranda Kerr still has role with David Jones
Sunday Herald Sun January 16, 2011 12:00AM

MIRANDA Kerr will not be in Australia for the David Jones autumn-winter launch in Sydney on February 8.

The model, with husband Orlando Bloom at her side, gave birth to a boy last week in Los Angeles.

But Kerr will still be part of the autumn-winter campaign.

"Sadly, I'm not able to make the trip back to Australia as I am enjoying the first few weeks of being a new mum," Kerr said.

"I am so happy to still be a part of the new season for David Jones. The team flew to LA and we shot the covers needed for all the key campaigns for the season."

Next month's launch in Sydney will feature some of Australia's top models including Samantha Harris, Nicole Trunfio and Alexandra Agoston.
source: heraldsun.com.au

Last edited by Purpledinosaurxo; 15-01-2011 at 04:07 AM.

15-01-2011
V.I.P.

If I were DJs I'd be incredibly p*ssed off with her. Is she taking her role there seriously?

15-01-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanii94 View Post
If I were DJs I'd be incredibly p*ssed off with her. Is she taking her role there seriously?
Did you really think that Miranda could go to Australia to the David Jones runway after a month from the birth of her son? :p

Quote:
NEW mum Miranda Kerr hasn't yet been snapped post-baby, but she flaunts her seven-month pregnant self in the David Jones autumn/winter brand book. (They don't call them "catalogues" anymore).
Swathed in a camel coat by Akira Isogawa, she couldn't look more wholesome and happy if she tried, despite the fact that this shoot took place in LA in summer.

It is one of the five key campaigns she stars in for the season.

So what took her fancy from all the garments?

"My favourite piece is this camel coat, which is perfect for winter weekends," she says. With this kind of celebrity endorsement, looks like Akira won't be shopping for another department store chain any time soon.

Unfortunately, as Insider has already reported here, the new mum will not be back in Australia for the autumn/winter fashion launch on February 8 that is being held "at home" in the Elizabeth St store, during the evening.

Organisers promise that it will have more of a party atmosphere than the previous daytime shows with star chef Guillaume Brahimi creating the canap aacs, the Veuve Clicquot flowing and the addition of a whisky bar.

This will also be the first show without the likeable fashion authority Colette Garnsey (David Jones' former general manager of apparel, cosmetics, accessories and footwear) welcoming guests and introducing the collections.

Meanwhile Kerr, who is enjoying her strapping 4.5kg yet-to-be-named son with husband Orlando Bloom, will be there in spirit.

"I know DJs have a fantastic show planned and I look forward to coming home to see everyone soon," she says.

Kerr had better watch out with her star power brilliantly replaced by the sexy threesome - Nicole Trunfio, Alexandra Agoston and Samantha Harris.

They should really amp up the heat on the hot February night, which will also showcase newish designers Josh Goot, Dion Lee and Project D by Dannii Minogue.

See you at the spring/summer launch, Miranda?
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1225988389283

Quote:
MIRANDA Kerr will not be in Australia for David Jonesí big autumn winter launch in Sydney on February 8.
The model gave birth to a baby boy last week in Los Angeles with husband Orlando Bloom by her side.

But Kerr will still be part of the autumn winter campaign, with this photograph one of the last she shot for the department store when she was seven months’ pregnant.

“Sadly I’m not able to make the trip back to Australia as I am enjoying the first few weeks of being a new mum,” Kerr said last week.

“I am so happy to still be a part of the new season for David Jones, the team flew over to LA and we shot the covers needed for all the key campaigns for the winter seasons.

“My favourite was a camel coat perfect for winter weekends.”

Next month’s launch in Sydney will feature some of Australia’s best models including Samantha Harris, Nicole Trunfio and Alexandra Agoston
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/ker...-1225988475569

Last edited by mayfrayn; 15-01-2011 at 08:35 AM.

15-01-2011
V.I.P.

Miranda is #24 on tFS Top 75!

tFS Top 75 thread via rockangel

15-01-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfrayn View Post
Did you really think that Miranda could go to Australia to the David Jones runway after a month from the birth of her son? :p
I have to agree with this. She's only just given birth to her son. Most new moms spend at least 6 weeks at home with their new baby. Just because she's famous it shouldn't mean that she should be expected to just jump immediately back into working. David Jones has known for 6 months or more that she was pregnant and around the time that she was due and it was unlikely she'd be doing anything so soon after giving birth. I think the comment about 'if i were him I'd be pissed' is a little out of line.

Anyways congrats to Miranda and Orlando on their new son

Last edited by x_isis; 15-01-2011 at 05:16 PM.

15-01-2011
V.I.P.

Well, I can see it from both sides.
Businesswise I'd be upset if I hired someone (and paid them very generously) to market my brand/store/etc and then they missed two major events, yes, I would be angry.
On the personal level, the birth of a child (especially your first) would definitely be more important than any job no matter how much it paid. So it's not like she planned to stiff them (she is kinda doing that), but it's understandable.

15-01-2011
tfs star

^i agree with you, because profesionally speaking... it's not lucrative for some to hire a person that at the end is not doing her job.

but obviously is understandable after all we are talking about the fact that she just gve birth to her son.

so yes i stand in both sides.

15-01-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanii94 View Post
That's a pretty naive thing to say...she just had a child. I'm sure David Jones had planned for her not to be there well in advance.
She has bought them a lot of recognition so I don't they would ever be pissed off with her!

15-01-2011
V.I.P.

^So agree with you.
They are a professional company - you hire a young woman, you know very well she could get pregnant. She is also a professional, I am sure meetings were held to discuss everything.
In every profession, especially ones we see in the limelight - actresses/models/spokeswoman get pregnant - this certainly isn't the first time not will be the last.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2010, 2011, kerr, miranda, november