How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-12-2012
V.I.P.

I usually hate yellow so much but all I can think about is how much I want that yellow jumper and that the blazer looks amazing on her. I like the shirt as well and the skirt's cute. A bit much for grocery shopping, but f- it.

30-12-2012
V.I.P.

So much praise for her style and I just don't get it. Am I the only one that dislikes most of what she wears? It's all way too trendy, and the hats she always wears are just nasty. And I rarely ever like her shoe choices. I feel like she tends to look ridiculously over-styled in candids while she often looks tacky or boring at events and TV appearances. There's nothing original about any of her outfits. I find her very overrated as a style icon at the moment.

30-12-2012
windowshopping

Agreed that she's very on-trend, but disagree about the hats- I think she makes them work very well and it's a cool signature of her look. I can't help but to drool over her streetstyle because she radiates what I would like to accomplish myself- she looks so effortlessly glamorous but still put together. And being a mom on top of it, that's so rad.

However I don't consider her a fashion icon. For me that's someone who's style has survived more than right here and now, if that makes sense. People throw the word fashion icon around way too easily. It's kinda funny really.

30-12-2012
fashion icon

In all those pap pictures she is just so obviously eating up all the attention. It's so unattractive. The outfit is nice, but I can't get over the 'look at me, I'm so gorgeous and I know it' vibe.

30-12-2012
V.I.P.

Absolutely amazing last couple of outfits, wow!

30-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
In all those pap pictures she is just so obviously eating up all the attention. It's so unattractive. The outfit is nice, but I can't get over the 'look at me, I'm so gorgeous and I know it' vibe.

That's her m.o. She "wrote" an entire book about how we'll never be as pretty as her and we need to accept it and it was so successful she's "writing" a second one. It seems to work for her though it is irritating.

30-12-2012
scenester

I think what she's doing is actually very clever. Yes, she often looks trendy and styled rather than truly "fashionable", but she usually looks professional and rarely wears things that are unflattering. She always smiles, and often hams it up, at the paps, who catch her coming out of her NY apartment suspiciously frequently.

But reconcile all this with the fact that she is a commercial model who is coming up to thirty, despite still looking much younger. She has branched out by creating her own company and has very much branded herself as epitomising the "happy and healthy" lifestyle. I admire her intensely for so carefully controlling her image and presenting herself so consistently, for never flipping the paps off or even frowning or looking unhappy. She markets herself every moment she steps outside her door - frankly, I find that incredibly impressive.

And personally, I like a lot of her clothes. Blouses!!!

30-12-2012
backstage pass

30-12-2012
fashion icon

^ She did flip the paps off once! Ha. I think there is a difference between marketing yourself well and just being completely full of yourself and adoring the attention. Lots of famous women are stylish the second they walk out of the door (Kate Moss, Charlize Theron, Gwyneth Paltrow come to mind), but I don't get the 'I'm so in love with myself' vibe from them that I get from Miranda. Being humble about your looks, even if you are attractive, goes a long way in the likability department. A woman who flips her hair at the cameras when she's just getting out of her car goes from being a 10 to a negative 10 in my eyes.

30-12-2012
tfs star

that video for me is bad in so many levels, i didn't want to change my view of her really... i'm kind of dissapointed. but anyway... i'll keep coming to her thread to check out her flawless streetstyle a adorable little flynn.

30-12-2012
V.I.P.

Miranda Kerr 2012-12-27 - at spa in LA - Celebrity-paradise.com

31-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Lydia View Post

That's her m.o. She "wrote" an entire book about how we'll never be as pretty as her and we need to accept it and it was so successful she's "writing" a second one. It seems to work for her though it is irritating.
I think she came off as incredibly genuine and down to earth in that book , that's why I'm always surprised when I see her in interviews and she acts nauseatingly flirtacious and conceited.

31-12-2012
V.I.P.

I've never read it but all I keep hearing about is how it's a bunch of affirmations from other people, yoga tips from other people and "health" advice from her team of people she uses to help promote her earth mother image. We are just sunflowers that'll never live up to her rosey life so we need to chant and stretch and just accept our sunflower life, but it's not a put down because she totally loves sunflowers and we need to buy Kora because it's infused with rainbows and kitten tears. Ug, I'm just over it. I tried, I really did but you can't keep a cynic off the sarcasm for long.

My interest in her now is purely physical. I think she's gorgeous and I love her clothes but her personality has just rubbed me the way too many times. I do admire her business sense though. I won't deny she's a success.

31-12-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
I've never read it but all I keep hearing about is how it's a bunch of affirmations from other people, yoga tips from other people and "health" advice from her team of people she uses to help promote her earth mother image. We are just sunflowers that'll never live up to her rosey life so we need to chant and stretch and just accept our sunflower life, but it's not a put down because she totally loves sunflowers and we need to buy Kora because it's infused with rainbows and kitten tears. Ug, I'm just over it. I tried, I really did but you can't keep a cynic off the sarcasm for long.

My interest in her now is purely physical. I think she's gorgeous and I love her clothes but her personality has just rubbed me the way too many times. I do admire her business sense though. I won't deny she's a success.
you made me laugh so hard i like midanda for her style and that's it.

31-12-2012
backstage pass

Quote:

Agree with this on so many levels. :p

Last edited by ckgirlbr; 31-12-2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: off-topic

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, june, kerr, miranda, september