How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-10-2012
fashion elite

The Vogue Italia ed is underwhelming coming from said magazine, but she looks great in the Seduction pics for VS.

15-10-2012
V.I.P.

VS

victoriassecret

15-10-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliax View Post
She's been "tired of vs" for a long time now. In the beginning Miranda was really great and into it but the recent years - not so much and she totally shows that. But doubt VS will let her got yet - knowing how much they love to use the "fame" aspect hehe. Although Id rather Miranda is done with vs and onto the better things she already has.
But does she really have better things? Don't get me wrong, I'm a Miranda fan, but besides Orlando and Flynn, VS is what keeps her relevant. Yes she has achieved a level of fame 99.9% of models can only dream of but she's definitely no Kate or Gisele, I just don't think her starpower is strong enough without VS. Regarding high fashion, of course she has the occasional editorial in the best magazines and could walk a few big shows whenever she wanted to, but she probably can't get major campaigns. All she's doing at the moment are things like Lipton.

So then all that's left is David Jones, which only matters in Aus, and Kora which doesn't actually get her face out there. I just think leaving VS would be a huge mistake for her career and her level of fame would decrease, especially since Orlando isn't doing that much anymore either here.

16-10-2012
V.I.P.

'Maxim' Australia - November 2012

ebook-free-download.net

16-10-2012
V.I.P.

Have to say I agree on pretty much all of that. I don't think it would be a good idea for her to leave VS career wise until she's got something else lined up, but she doesn't look like she wants to stay so I wouldn't be surprised if she left or was asked to leave (whichever version of the truth you want to believe). Orlando's got the Hobbit movies they could coast on for the next three years but his star has definitely faded.

19-10-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Orlando and Miranda were spotted at the Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport on Thursday morning.
They spent one night in the Lowveld before they flew back to Cape Town where Orlando is currently filming.

source looklocal.co.za

Last edited by Psylocke; 19-10-2012 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Please don't post the source as clickable link.

19-10-2012
V.I.P.

VS

victoriassecret

20-10-2012
fashion icon

twitter.com/mirandakerr

20-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamg View Post
But does she really have better things? Don't get me wrong, I'm a Miranda fan, but besides Orlando and Flynn, VS is what keeps her relevant. Yes she has achieved a level of fame 99.9% of models can only dream of but she's definitely no Kate or Gisele, I just don't think her starpower is strong enough without VS. Regarding high fashion, of course she has the occasional editorial in the best magazines and could walk a few big shows whenever she wanted to, but she probably can't get major campaigns. All she's doing at the moment are things like Lipton.

So then all that's left is David Jones, which only matters in Aus, and Kora which doesn't actually get her face out there. I just think leaving VS would be a huge mistake for her career and her level of fame would decrease, especially since Orlando isn't doing that much anymore either here.
Hmm, well her family and Kora - enough said :p

Whatever Miranda is up to I guess. Its just that she doesnt do her VS job that good to keep her and if a person doesnt like what she is doing then probably she shouldnt do it, easy as that.

20-10-2012
V.I.P.

I stopped caring about VS right about the time Gisele left and didn't care much for the newer models that came after that (including Miranda, whose expressions I'd find kind of cheap).. she finally caught my attention when she started walking for designers again and through her personal style.. she has that star quality that's long-lasting and keeps the attention on her, something she, on her own, and without any 'push' by Victoria's Secret, has been able to grow along the years.. because VS alone wasn't enough, it did put her on map but everything else.. what she's managed to add in fashion and what she projects when she shows up on catwalks (very reminiscent of Gisele around 2002) leaving everyone in awe is all her own modeling charm/skills/whatever you want to call it.. I think she's in a very solid place where she can continue to show up in shows every 2-3 years and keep an audience interested. A professional skill probably borrowed from Hollywood, or just that Hollywood factor she's finally developed.

I'd be happy if she leaves Victoria's Secret, I don't think she's 'above' them, but her career is at that point where she can quietly graduate and be just fine. I actually think she should do that now that fashion's going through a rare moment of flexibility (accepting -instead of coming off as threatened by- people they didn't make) and she's enjoying decent popularity in the media. She's in a time where she can take charge of her career and follow the path of older models that have launched projects that are massive and make them more memorable than let's face it, VS and Vogue Italia covers combined ever will.

20-10-2012
fashion icon

Personally, I think it would be stupid of her to leave VS because the truth is that her career in high fashion hasn't proven to be a steady success. She hasn't had a major campaign in a while and her Vogue covers are few and far between. The fascination over her isn't due to her outstanding beauty because at best she's pretty in a cute, baby face kind of way. VS and, let's face it, her husband are what have made her popular. Even when she gets press on her own it's usually for saying something stupid or pretentious. I don't like any of the new VS Angels either, but if any one of them is going to be successful outside of VS it's Candice who gets steady HF work. While she'll never be on Gisele's level, partly because her boyfriend is a nobody, Candice is the only one who stands a chance of being a really successful commercial and HF model. My best bet is that Miranda will stay on like Adriana and Ale because of the guaranteed income. She's also lucky that she's an Angel at a time when the girls aren't worked to the bone like they were a few years ago when there were just a handful of them. Now there are so many VS models, so Miranda only has to show up to a few shoots and events throughout the year. It's a nice job.

20-10-2012
V.I.P.

I don't know, I'm personally beyond exhausted of the tFS (stupid) debate of whether Candice or Annie or whoever else is an "angel" will have more chances of succeeding (in what outlet? they hardly ever mention that) or whether someone's commercial or *cough* "high fashion" (corny term). I think Miranda pretty much left fashion at the very bottom (after doing blugirl and the like) and came back from the top.. came back down, almost. And yeah, it was the husband, definitely not her awesome skills not her baby-face features (reason why she didn't make it not even at the peak of the baby-face craze), but the husband isn't a sole factor, it's the fact that she's ridden the celebrity culture-obsessed machinery and become more dimensional.. not just model w/ "steady" known work but model with a known lifestyle, voice, events to follow.. that's why I think that she's the one reaching the end of VS, unless she wants to stay for the bucks, she's reached the last demographic to remember names (straight men ), just like Rosie. So she's ready..

20-10-2012
V.I.P.

I honestly believe Miranda Kerr has a great overall package that can sell her to the masses. The only qualm I have is how she portrays herself in live interviews ! She tries to come off as an earth mother with a heart of gold but sometimes it appears pseudo and calculated. She absolutely needs to stop acting so cringeworthy in interviews , with men especially! Seriously , it's like a bimbo on steroids sometimes when she goes overboard with her winks and OTT flirtatious mannerisms! She also tries to come off as funny though mostly borderline sexual jokes and it just appears too tryhard.. hmm!

21-10-2012
front row

I noticed her Secret Seduction photos were front and center at the VS store that walked by when I went to the mall yesterday. I said to myself, that's not bad for a model that is looks like she's bored doing her job.

21-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerbowyStegner View Post
I honestly believe Miranda Kerr has a great overall package that can sell her to the masses. The only qualm I have is how she portrays herself in live interviews ! She tries to come off as an earth mother with a heart of gold but sometimes it appears pseudo and calculated. She absolutely needs to stop acting so cringeworthy in interviews , with men especially! Seriously , it's like a bimbo on steroids sometimes when she goes overboard with her winks and OTT flirtatious mannerisms! She also tries to come off as funny though mostly borderline sexual jokes and it just appears too tryhard.. hmm!
I think she has to be intelligent and shrewd to some degree -- or otherwise surrounded by people who are -- to have utilised her image to get herself to where she is, particularly with the star power she seems to command for advertising campaigns. But I agree that her interviews are so forced and even uncomfortable to watch sometimes just because she has this sort of nasal monotone and no real energy in them, almost as if it's a forced enthusiasm just to promote whatever product she's selling. I couldn't even watch her Kora videos just because they're so cringe-worthy. And I can't really understand why, because meeting her in person, she was so vibrant and really easy-going and natural. And haha, she's a Taurus, so I totally don't buy that she's this serene earth-mother all the time. I have known enough Taureans and when they spit the dummy, I don't think there are enough mantras in the world to keep the bull from seeing red.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, june, kerr, miranda, september