How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-03-2013
V.I.P.

Not great IMO

15-03-2013
V.I.P.

VS

victoriassecret

15-03-2013
front row

She's gorgeous, as always, but why is she leaning to the left side in all pictures?

16-03-2013
backstage pass

^ i thought the same thing. I found myself tilting my head to the left while viewing it

16-03-2013
trendsetter

Totally agree with the previous comments. I don't think those are good. It's very boring... I thought it was going to be awesome because of the amazing cover but, oh boy... Is this disappointing...

16-03-2013
V.I.P.

Loved her Vogue OZ edit when I first saw it, but as much as I love simple studio shots, I'm noticing now that her range in expressing herself is limited. She literally looks the same in every single shot.

16-03-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsreyes View Post
She's gorgeous, as always, but why is she leaning to the left side in all pictures?
I think Miranda thinks it's her 'good side', if you know what I mean. She always has her hair down on one side, leaning to the left.

Last edited by Gabriel29; 16-03-2013 at 09:44 AM.

17-03-2013
fashion elite

^She didn't do her own hair and when it's down to one side it limits her range of movements. Also she wasn't the one who chose the final images to use. You're all so quite to critique her without even thinking.

17-03-2013
V.I.P.

Yeah blame the person who edited the story! Bad editing. Who chooses to have a story that has Miranda in exactly the same pose in every pic...also watch the video from the shoot, she gave lots of variety! Such a waste of Miranda...

19-03-2013
V.I.P.

VS

victoriassecret

19-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoother View Post
^She didn't do her own hair and when it's down to one side it limits her range of movements. Also she wasn't the one who chose the final images to use. You're all so quite to critique her without even thinking.
It's naive to think that she doesn't get a say in how she is styled and what images get published. Especially for a magazine like Vogue Australia where she's presented more as a celebrity than a model. It's not like they do her a favour by publishing this shot, but she helps them sell magazines. It's not Vogue Paris after all.

19-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesanni View Post
It's naive to think that she doesn't get a say in how she is styled and what images get published. Especially for a magazine like Vogue Australia where she's presented more as a celebrity than a model. It's not like they do her a favour by publishing this shot, but she helps them sell magazines. It's not Vogue Paris after all.
i agree that she's more celebrity than model and i'm sure she "points out" the photos she liked best

21-03-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesanni View Post
Uhh no, it's naive to think she's a creative director, hair stylist, graphic designer and publicist. Sure she can point out the ones she likes, but she doesn't have the authority to make the executive decisions nor the time to do any post-production work.

Last edited by Hoother; 21-03-2013 at 03:18 AM.

21-03-2013
front row

It really depends on how much sway her publicist has over what is published. I work in the design industry and to be frank, it almost always comes down to the person in charge of the publication. The graphic designer will work with everything they are given, it will go back and forth a few times for revisions -- Miranda's publicist will probably be part of these revisions, depending on the scale of the project and I suppose the impact of the project -- that is, what it will do for her image, popularity, etc. But 9 out of 10 times, the buck stops at the editor or the creative director.

21-03-2013
trendsetter

'Miranda Kerr steps down as David Jones ambassador, with Jessica Gomes taking her place'
Nathan Klein
The Daily Telegraph
March 22, 2013 9:00AM

Quote:
AUSTRALIAN supermodel Miranda Kerr has stepped down from her role as fashion ambassador for retail giant David Jones.

David Jones will make an announcement this morning to announce that Kerr will be leaving after five years with the major department store.

She will be replaced by model Jessica Gomes.

David Jones boss Paul Zahra was tight-lipped on negotiations with Kerr earlier in the week, refusing to confirm or deny whether her $1 million-a-year contract would be renewed after it expires next year.

A David Jones spokeswoman said the decision not to renew was a mutual one.

"David Jones and Miranda arrived at the decision together," the spokeswoman said.

"She's done an absolutely incredible job for the past five years but she's got a growing empire overseas and international clients."

David Jones CEO, Paul Zahra, said: "We will forever consider Miranda part of the David Jones family. We have loved being on this journey with Miranda and feel privileged to not only have been a part of it but to watch Miranda's remarkable success and growth.

"We wish Miranda every success for what will undoubtedly be a very successful future and would like to thank her wholeheartedly for her wonderful contribution to our brand."

Jessica Gomes joins David Jones long-time Brand Ambassador, Megan Gale, Menswear Ambassador, Jason Dundas, new youth Ambassador, Montana Cox, and racing ambassadors Gai Waterhouse and Emma Freedman.

Kerr, who is also the ambassador for Qantas, is expected to return to Sydney next month to unveil the airline's new uniforms.
new.com.au

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, 2013, june, kerr, miranda, september