Molly Bair - Page 10 - the Fashion Spot
 
How to Join
10-11-2014
  136
V.I.P.
 
Mea Culpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Left Coast
Gender: femme
Posts: 11,549
^ooh! I'm curious and excited too!

__________________
"there's no design, your flaws are fine"
  Reply With Quote
10-11-2014
  137
V.I.P.
 
Nepenthes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greece
Gender: homme
Posts: 5,592
Oh exciting news!

  Reply With Quote
11-11-2014
  138
front row
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Gender: femme
Posts: 351
If you look back at her photos from 4 weeks ago there is a post where she says 'many thanks to Edward Enninful for the support' and he also commented on it. I'm pretty sure she knows him anyway. Him commenting in her posts in no new news

__________________
MuchiGuchi
  Reply With Quote
11-11-2014
  139
V.I.P.
 
Mea Culpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Left Coast
Gender: femme
Posts: 11,549
"See you very soon" from her best friend, agent, or mum = no big deal... Regardless of her familiarity with him "See you very soon" from Enniful is news ... probably indicative of upcoming work.

__________________
"there's no design, your flaws are fine"
  Reply With Quote
11-11-2014
  140
V.I.P.
 
rubydon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: city of angels
Gender: homme
Posts: 16,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mea Culpa View Post
"See you very soon" from her best friend, agent, or mum = no big deal... Regardless of her familiarity with him "See you very soon" from Enniful is news ... probably indicative of upcoming work.
Agreed. Hope this means we'll see some wonderful new print work from her.

I also love that "you're so pretty -- please be my friend" post her Instagram. She has lots of admirers on this thread and I'm sure that's true outside this forum, as well. Hope she's enjoying the ride!

__________________
"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude." -Friedrich Nietzsche
  Reply With Quote
 
11-11-2014
  141
fashion insider
 
Elite13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: wherever
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,176
She still hasn't grown on me but I'm interested to see if she improves next season and also what she'll be like in upcoming print work.

Question, The Society is her only agency, right?

  Reply With Quote
11-11-2014
  142
V.I.P.
 
rubydon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: city of angels
Gender: homme
Posts: 16,505
Kinda dig the bleached brows on her.

And on another note, love this pic:



Though she looks nothing like either of these girls, in terms of her unusualness, she reminds me a bit of Kelly Mittendorf and Meghan Collison. Both of those models had to put up with some negativity early in their careers because they didn't fit the mold of what some people thought a model should be. But they've both gone on to have fantastic editorial careers. It would be amazing if Molly followed a similar path.

It's amazing how people can get up in arms when faced with something different. On the other end of the spectrum, you have Kate Upton, who has taken flack for being too commercial for high fashion. And then you have people saying Molly will never make it, because you have to be commercial to succeed. It's all so hilarious.

But her bookings speak for themselves. Really hope to see some good print work to match the stellar runway work she's gotten.

tallhotskinnybitch.tumblr

__________________
"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude." -Friedrich Nietzsche
  Reply With Quote
11-11-2014
  143
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Gender: homme
Posts: 4,042
I found myself looking at Lindsey Wixson's starting thread and through the comments written there. I found one that in my mind completely caters to Molly, as well.

Quote:
Whether you get her appeal or not, this is truly a special girl. She gets it. She seems so full of life and energy.

I'm not going to argue on how commercial she is or not, if she is photogenic or not, nor on her walk. The truth of the matter is that the girl booked impressive shows. She seems to have that spark in her personality and in this industry, it's that spark that can take you far. Walk aside, you don't just book Prada, Dior and Proenza only based on looks.

So, instead of saying "only time will tell", let's actually see what will happen.
I have a feeling this one will surprise us all.


Last edited by ax80; 11-11-2014 at 06:53 PM.
  Reply With Quote
11-11-2014
  144
V.I.P.
 
Mea Culpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Left Coast
Gender: femme
Posts: 11,549
At the moment I believe it's only The Society... although I thought I saw something yesterday welcoming her to another agency (in the UK?) but I don't see anything now... and I could be confusing posts.

Also... strangely Enniful's comment has disappeared...

__________________
"there's no design, your flaws are fine"
  Reply With Quote
12-11-2014
  145
front row
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Gender: femme
Posts: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubydon View Post

It's amazing how people can get up in arms when faced with something different. On the other end of the spectrum, you have Kate Upton, who has taken flack for being too commercial for high fashion. And then you have people saying Molly will never make it, because you have to be commercial to succeed. It's all so hilarious.

tallhotskinnybitch.tumblr
So you are saying just because someone can be taken off the street and plonked on the runway they make a great model just because they have walked for a name? This is why people are up in arms.

And the way you say 'it's all so hilarious' about how 'you have to be commercial to succeed' is clearly in reply to me so if you could please actually reply to me that would be great.

I was making the point that no matter how unusual someone is, if they are not beautiful, not many people will get behind them. Would I go and buy vogue magazine with Kate Moss on the front who is unusual. yes. Would I buy Molly on vogue who is also unusual, no. There is a difference between unusual and unusual. Someone who is bald but then grows a shoulder length fringe has an unusual haircut but people wont go and get it unless it actually looks nice.

And about models 'succeeding'. The industry will make a girl successful as long as she is tall and slim because they make clothes look good on a runway. It is as simple as that. Being a professional, successful clothes hanger is different to having a gorgeous face which everyone is in awe of. You can't just make the connection that because she is getting work that she is special and beautiful. Brooke Shields was unusual, in a simply divine out of this world way. That is being unusually beautiful where as Molly Bair is highly un photogenic in many shots like I said before.

It is expected that people will look forward to more professional shots of her because those photographs are so highly manipulated that anyone can look good. Makeup, lit in the right way, airbrushed, hair done, clothes, the angle you sit, everything about them. They are not natural photographs. And people need to just look closely at the bad photographs of her before saying how beautiful she is in her professional shots. Surely someone beautiful, unusual or not, should never take a bad photo?

She is getting lots of work because she is the typical, tall clothes hanger, which is the basic job description of being a model. Whether she is special or beautiful is highly questionable, and at the end of the day, the designers do not care about a face when they send a girl down the runway, they care about how their garments hang off a body.

A girl can be a great runway model with a great walk, showing off the clothes but not necessarily be a beautiful girl everyone would want to look like.


Last edited by muchiguchi; 12-11-2014 at 10:05 AM.
  Reply With Quote
12-11-2014
  146
V.I.P.
 
rubydon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: city of angels
Gender: homme
Posts: 16,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mea Culpa View Post

Also... strangely Enniful's comment has disappeared...
I hope this just means he's decided to play things closer to his chest and not put his future casting choices out there.

Quote:
The truth of the matter is that the girl booked impressive shows. She seems to have that spark in her personality and in this industry, it's that spark that can take you far. Walk aside, you don't just book Prada, Dior and Proenza only based on looks.
Completely agree. It's that spark, that life behind the eyes, that can make a model a muse for top designers and photographers.

Quote:
You can't just make the connection that because she is getting work that she is special and beautiful. Brooke Shields was unusual, in a simply divine out of this world way. That is being unusually beautiful where as Molly Bair is highly un photogenic in many shots like I said before.
Well, yes, I can make that connection. Why? Because I'm one of the people who find her special and beautiful. So it's easy for me to see how other people might feel the same way. You clearly have a different point of view. And that's fine.

Beauty can be subjective. Ii can also be quite diverse. There's room for a lot of different types of beauty, I think. I look at Molly and she reminds me of a gleefully malevolent elf princess from a dark fairy tale. And I think that's lyrical and poetic and kind of cool. If you choose to see something ugly or unphotogenic when you look at her face, then that's entirely up to you.

You mentioned in an earlier post that her agency should have waited before sending her on castings because "it is disgusting exposing her the all the hate." Has it occurred to you that you're contributing to that hate with your recent posts?

And if she bothers you so much (and by the tone and overall relentlessness of your recent posts, she really, really does seem to bother you ), then why are you here on her thread? This thread is meant to celebrate her work, not tear her down. There are models out there that I don't care for, and the last thing I'd want to do is subscribe to their threads.

__________________
"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude." -Friedrich Nietzsche
  Reply With Quote
12-11-2014
  147
V.I.P.
 
Mea Culpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Left Coast
Gender: femme
Posts: 11,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubydon View Post
I hope this just means he's decided to play things closer to his chest and not put his future casting choices out there.
That was my assumption...







Quote:
Originally Posted by rubydon View Post
You mentioned in an earlier post that her agency should have waited before sending her on castings because "it is disgusting exposing her the all the hate." Has it occurred to you that you're contributing to that hate with your recent posts?

And if she bothers you so much (and by the tone and overall relentlessness of your recent posts, she really, really does seem to bother you ), then why are you here on her thread? This thread is meant to celebrate her work, not tear her down. There are models out there that I don't care for, and the last thing I'd want to do is subscribe to their threads.
THANK YOU! This exactly this! Very well put!

__________________
"there's no design, your flaws are fine"
  Reply With Quote
12-11-2014
  148
fashion insider
 
Elite13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: wherever
Gender: homme
Posts: 2,176
Yes but remember this isn't a fan forum, you can still give your opinion on a model even if you don't like her, the "why are you here" thing is kind of rude to say in general.


Anywayyyy, I imagine she'll join Elite London, Paris etc soon enough.

  Reply With Quote
12-11-2014
  149
V.I.P.
 
Mea Culpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Left Coast
Gender: femme
Posts: 11,549
*Edited*

Also this...

molllsbair/instagram

__________________
"there's no design, your flaws are fine"

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 13-11-2014 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Off topic
  Reply With Quote
12-11-2014
  150
V.I.P.
 
rubydon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: city of angels
Gender: homme
Posts: 16,505
^ love that shot. she stares into the camera like she owns it.

__________________
"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude." -Friedrich Nietzsche
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bair, molly
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2018 All rights reserved.