Molly Bair - Page 7 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
30-09-2014
V.I.P.

I find the whole Cara comparison just useless. When I first saw Molly at the shows, I did not at all think of her as Cara copy, Cara's face didn't even cross my mind. I think it's unfair to say we don't need Molly because there is already someone out there looking like her. First of, this is an opinion that probably not everyone shares and secondly, she should have the same chances as every aspiring model and I'm sure she has enough talent and extraordinariness to make her way.

And I too took that that "now we have someone to laugh at" comment kind of offensively. Maybe it was a poor choice of words and not intended that way but it does sound like one's making fun of her or ridiculing her. It's her first season, she is young and new and probably not super confident on the runway yet. Plus she's probably reading this thread and comments like that are just... rude.

fashion insider

Jeez, okay guys can I just clarify and say that in MY opinion, she looks a bit like Cara and that I know you all don't share the same opinion as me.

So sorry if I offended you, please, accept this humble apology.

I agree with whoever said she should still be in development.

30-09-2014
V.I.P.

The dreadful walk I almost find endearing especially because of the way she's handled the criticism - she's 6' tall and probably still growing it's no wonder that she moves with all the grace of a baby giraffe - the person who made the Kloss comparison I think is right on (remember what a disaster she was?) - I think that in a few years time when she's grown into her body she'll be much better... In the mean time I hope she goes home puts on a pair of heels and doesn't take them off until she can run in them - and also that her agency gets her some serious walking lessons!! The development comment was spot on too...

30-09-2014
trendsetter

She's unique looking that's for sure. People are talking about her, and that's always a good thing for a new model.

01-10-2014
tfs star

People are only talking because she's such a shockingly bad model though. Haha. Whoever is casting her needs their vision checked, or a black eye.

Saying Molly would make a good model is like saying any skinny, tall girl in high school would. generally bookers and agencies can weed out the, well, weeds. Molly is a weed. Hopefully someone does some gardening before next season.

How is Masha Tyelna's career going? To me, Molly has the same 'unique' thing going on, but I wouldn't book her for anything important.

Modelling is unfair, not just anyone who is tall can do it.

01-10-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostwerld View Post
People are only talking because she's such a shockingly bad model though. Haha. Whoever is casting her needs their vision checked, or a black eye.

Saying Molly would make a good model is like saying any skinny, tall girl in high school would. generally bookers and agencies can weed out the, well, weeds. Molly is a weed. Hopefully someone does some gardening before next season.

How is Masha Tyelna's career going? To me, Molly has the same 'unique' thing going on, but I wouldn't book her for anything important.

Modelling is unfair, not just anyone who is tall can do it.
Her walk is dreadful to be sure... but bashing her because you don't get her look is beyond lame - Masha isn't working international fashion weeks but then neither is Tanya D or Anna Mariya - and who's to say why (unless you've some inside info you'd like to share) - she may not be traditionally pretty but she's striking and unique and there is more than enough room (and clearly some interest) for girls like her - i can't wait to see some proper print work. I'd lay odds you hate Jaime B, Hildie, Natalie W and possibly even Hanne. Mean while you're praising Kendall, Gigi, and the rest of the easily confused and forgotten newbies.

Feel free to excuse yourself from this thread.

01-10-2014
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mea Culpa View Post
Her walk is dreadful to be sure... but bashing her because you don't get her look is beyond lame - Masha isn't working international fashion weeks but then neither is Tanya D or Anna Mariya - and who's to say why (unless you've some inside info you'd like to share) - she may not be traditionally pretty but she's striking and unique and there is more than enough room (and clearly some interest) for girls like her - i can't wait to see some proper print work. I'd lay odds you hate Jaime B, Hildie, Natalie W and possibly even Hanne. Mean while you're praising Kendall, Gigi, and the rest of the easily confused and forgotten newbies.

Feel free to excuse yourself from this thread.
Nah, I actually like Jamie, Hanne and Natalie (Hildie has never, and will never be relevant) I don't like Kendall or Gigi, so there's that for you.

I just think Molly isn't photogenic and can't walk. THE TWO JOB REQUIREMENTS OF A MODEL.

I'm hanging around until someone comes up with a reason (other than the fact that Molly could probably fit any sample size made for a five year old, read that as you will) why she keeps booking these shows.

01-10-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Nah, I actually like Jamie, Hanne and Natalie (Hildie has never, and will never be relevant) I don't like Kendall or Gigi, so there's that for you.
There's hope for you yet!

We'll just have to agree to disagree regarding Molly for now... time will eventually prove one of us wrong.

01-10-2014
trendsetter

If you don't like Molly, go and say it elsewhere please....

She is very young. Three weeks ago she was a random teen and now she walks for Chanel. Must be damn stressy...

trendsetter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGOeoyn2mTE
at 26 secs

Last edited by IloveDiorHomme; 01-10-2014 at 02:10 PM.
01-10-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
I just think Molly isn't photogenic and can't walk. THE TWO JOB REQUIREMENTS OF A MODEL.
And surely there's a better way of expressing that other than saying she's a weed that needs to be gardened, right? Have we forgotten that we're not talking about a mannequin, but a real person with real feelings?

I mean, I'm not convinced on her (yet - she's slowly growing on me), she sure needs some development, and I, personally, wouldn't have put her in all those shows, but I'd never say she didn't deserve her success. That's not for me, or for anyone else, to decide.

01-10-2014
V.I.P.

I was on the fence, but I don't care anymore. Fashion is about girls like this. The ones that make you go WHAT? Isn't that a good thing ?
Love her. Cant wait for her to start shooting and being able to see what she is capable of.

01-10-2014
fashion elite

Molly is one of the most striking models of the season, point blank.

No matter what she does for you, you are still struck by her and you remember her face.

Thank god she isn't one of those bland, blank canvas models that everyone also seems to criticize.

A lot of people said the same stuff about Wixson when she first started... granted she could walk. But with the right coaching, her walk could surely improve. Look at Suvi.

V.I.P.

Backstage Giambattista Valli S/S 2015

stylebistro

01-10-2014
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveDiorHomme View Post
Wow, she is actually STUNNINGLY beautiful. Whatever negative things anyone in this thread is saying about her, what that video and try and deny how beautiful she is. An interesting beauty, but she certainly isn't just "any skinny, tall girl in high school", she's stunning, she has presence. I think, with a decent walk, she could continue to do really well. I'm in love.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bair, molly