Make up: Cyndle Komarovski

nicolaskern

tfs star

^ love it!

V.I.P.

instagram/molllsbair

V.I.P.

Don't think she will make it big.

She really has personality. She will be everywhere next season.

She will make it very big!! Thats for sure.

07-11-2014
fashion insider

Subscribing

08-11-2014
front row

Let me get this straight, the thread was started in september and it is already this full? The problem is that I think this is a true example of how disgusting agencies are. It seems like they scouted her, said hey lets send you to all castings and overnight she is walking in shows and grabbing attention. They could have waited. There are a couple of clips with her walking and some rather optimistic individuals in this thread call her walk 'sweet' and 'cute', I call it embarrassing. In the background you can see the people in the audience giggling as she wobbles past. I know she is not mega young (under 16) but still. On her ig there is an image of her on a plane with her mum travelling. Thats normally a sign she is still being chaperoned so under 18. I believe she is an older 17, nearly 18 anyone?

I also see people saying she is probably still growing. Over 15 (for girls), growing is highly unlikely so at her age, definitely not. Anyway even is she did continue growing her modelling days would be over. Generally the models are 5'8, 5'9 and are actually getting shorter these days. So having a girl 6'0, possibly even 6'1 will just not suit the catwalk as designers love that look of similarity on the catwalk.

For me if she did not have her basic figure and height ratios, her face on a shorter body would not make it like other special facial girls do. Her face is just too controversial, it is hard to say whether it is beautiful or not. You have to imagine showing a face to your parents or someone in the street and saying, 'what do you think?' and imagine what the outcome would be. The reason Kate was so successful was because no one could deny she was beautiful for example.

Personally though, I do like her. I just wish they had waited until she was 18. Given her some time and then sent her out with a cracking walk. Not some half hearted 'here I am everyone'. You know?

08-11-2014
tfs star

9 pages in 2 months isn't that much for a model who is walking in top shows during fashion week. I've seen threads grow much faster during a model's debut season. I don't believe that the length of this thread reflects negatively on any decisions made about Molly working as a model.

I also disagree with the idea that models are getting shorter. Other than some celebutantes, I don't think there have been any more short models on the runway than in the past.

08-11-2014
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucer-like View Post
9 pages in 2 months isn't that much for a model who is walking in top shows during fashion week. I've seen threads grow much faster during a model's debut season. I don't believe that the length of this thread reflects negatively on any decisions made about Molly working as a model.

I also disagree with the idea that models are getting shorter. Other than some celebutantes, I don't think there have been any more short models on the runway than in the past.
I could name many shorter models who are doing very well. Jean Campbell being one of them (5'6) has just walked for a huge show. Oh and Cara Delevingne? (5'7). I could go on but I don't want to change the subject here

I mean that considering she has only been working for a few months like she said on her instagram. "thank you for believing in a girl who did not even know what fashion week was only a few moths ago" she has a lot going on. Normally models do a good couple of years of work before walking in shows like she has and they have the same number of pages on here is all I'm saying.

08-11-2014
tfs star

I would consider both Jean Campbell and Cara as celebutantes… they come from well-connected/famous families.

There are plenty of models that hit it big right out of the gate -- debuting in major shows, editorials, campaigns. I'd even say that there are fewer models that work their way up to walk in big shows because the chances are slimmer of being chosen amongst new faces + established names.

Aya Jones debuted at Prada this season and her thread has 8 pages, no controversy. Ondria Hardin had about the same and her first work was Prada campaign plus she did have the age controversy.

OTOH, Abbey Lee had maybe 25 pages from her debut season and she already had 10 or so pages prior to working internationally.

Jac had nearly 40 pages in her thread before she even started doing fashion week. It was over a couple of years, but I think at that point her only major work was the Hermès campaign. There was a lot of controversy about her age.

They could have waited for Molly to work on her walk but she is in the same boat as many with bad walks or controversial looks, some of whom are younger in age. Other than a few comments, I don't see how specifically the discussions in this thread show how it was "disgusting" to let her work.

08-11-2014
front row

It is disgusting because fashion spot isn't the only website in the world discussing models. There are websites laughing at her and the fact she can't put one foot in front of the other. Her agency could have waited. It is disgusting exposing her to all the hate. They would have seen her walk up and down the room and they just decided to put her out there regardless. I actually empathise with the fact that she might be really and embarrassed and upset reading comments on websites and in general. For all you know she could have sacrificed a career as a talented professional tennis player. So yes, it is disgusting. And I think you misunderstood me. When I said about there being this amount of pages, then starting the next sentence with 'this is an example', I didn't mean the amount of pages was an example. I meant her situation with her walk and such. And Aya Jones had no controversy because she undoubtedly has a beautiful face and is not a child/ teen.

Last edited by muchiguchi; 08-11-2014 at 02:28 PM.
09-11-2014
front row

Sorry to reply again but recently Kristine Froseth (not connected) amongst many others walked in big shows recently. She is 5'6. There is definitely a increase in petite girls making it to the shows.

Last edited by muchiguchi; 09-11-2014 at 11:39 AM.
09-11-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchiguchi View Post
It is disgusting because fashion spot isn't the only website in the world discussing models. There are websites laughing at her and the fact she can't put one foot in front of the other. Her agency could have waited. It is disgusting exposing her to all the hate. They would have seen her walk up and down the room and they just decided to put her out there regardless. I actually empathise with the fact that she might be really and embarrassed and upset reading comments on websites and in general. For all you know she could have sacrificed a career as a talented professional tennis player. So yes, it is disgusting. And I think you misunderstood me. When I said about there being this amount of pages, then starting the next sentence with 'this is an example', I didn't mean the amount of pages was an example. I meant her situation with her walk and such. And Aya Jones had no controversy because she undoubtedly has a beautiful face and is not a child/ teen.
I know you're coming from a place of kindness, but believe it or not, there are people out there who genuinely don't give a hoot about what other people have to say about them. I am hopeful that Molly is one of those strong and confident people, and if that's the case, all the "hate" that you're speaking of will roll over her like she was made of Teflon.

She's a tall, unusual looking girl so I'm sure it's not the first time her looks have inspired debate. High school kids can be quite mean. I'm sure she's had ample opportunity to develop a thick skin.

Claudia Schiffer's walk was similarly "embarrassing" when she did shows and it certainly didn't hurt her career.

The fashion industry can sometimes have a narrow view of beauty, but there are also quite a few cases like this one where the industry champions the loveliness of the unusual. I support that completely, and it's one of the main reasons why I find the industry so interesting. I love that Molly is a part of all that.

The other thing is, she's doing pretty well, getting booked for a lot of top jobs. So clearly, her agency made the right call in launching her career. And if that's the case, who cares about all the online negativity?

09-11-2014
front row

In all honesty, I don't feel the industry are 'championing the loveliness of the unusual' in her case. I personally feel they are using her as a runway filler because of her incredibly fragile frame and height, a rare combination. There will always be rejection in any girls career, and getting rejection from the public also will eventually effect her, even is she has the thickest skin of all. That is whats worrying. Also Claudia was different, her face was exquisite, undeniably beautiful, enough to overcome the walk.

09-11-2014
front row

Saw some of these on tumblr when doing a search and thought they gave a great close up of her face. Obviously the first one is just her on a plane But the others do.

I did see a comment saying she had 'mild marfan's syndrome because of her unusually long limbs and fingers'. I do not know how true this is

Credits:

Image 1: 'issalishous'
Image 2: 'sevigni' on tumblr
Image 3: 'sevigni' on tumblr
Image 4: 'sevigni' on tumblr
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (409.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (179.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (162.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (76.0 KB, 7 views)

10-11-2014
front row

molly's IG

I wonder what they're up to... so excited to see new work

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bair, molly