How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-10-2009
Blood On The Leaves

Natasha Poly (October 2009 - March 2010)
Moderator's Note:

* In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
* Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
* Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
* Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.

* Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
* The old thread can be viewed here

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecas570 View Post
also translate to english with google translater about the russian cover, I'm confused now, they really cancel her cover?
What? I translated with Babel fish and this is what it came out:
Quote:
- Where and when you can be will be seen to Russians? - Already passed surveys for the December Russian periodical VOGUE, I was removed for the cover.

EDIT: But google translation makes more sense (since the question was: when and where can we see you?; so why would she say she was canceled?). We need Sweet rus to help us out.

Last edited by classicalbang; 11-10-2009 at 11:21 PM.

11-10-2009
front row

hey teja, can u post that pic in ur avatar of natasha here

11-10-2009
Blood On The Leaves

^ #5508

11-10-2009
V.I.P.

Well I hope to see her at Vogue Russia and Vogue Paris

11-10-2009
front row

thank u Teja

11-10-2009
Blood On The Leaves

^No problem.
I hope she gets VP and VR cover too.

fashionweek.kiev.ua

11-10-2009
front row

ok, since i've got nothing else to do, i'll translate the entire interview. gimme 10-15 minutes.

11-10-2009
Blood On The Leaves

Yay, thanks!

11-10-2009
front row

the first bit-working on the rest
World-famous supermodel collects money for orphans in Perm

The catwalk star Natasha Poly came home during the holidays and told us what's it like to live and work in New York.

The Russian model-Natasha Poly from Perm is considered one of the most requested on a par with Gizelle Bundchen and Heidi Klum. The fortunate 24-year old is a favourite of the most famous designers and face of such fashion brands such as Nina Ricci, Givenchi (sorry about the spelling guys) and CK. She repeated the fate of both Natalia Vodianova and Eugenia Volodina. Started off in the model business almost by accident (at 15 went to a model show organized by a Perm based agency and won the competition) and in a flash became one of the most well known and high paid models.

Natasha Polevshikova (Poly- is pseudonym, foreigners find it hard to pronounce her real name) was born in Perm. However, she rarely stays in her home town. The model lives in New York. She did, however, come for a break home for a week and came to the office of 'Komsomolka'.

-Natasha, what have you been up to this past year?
-Just finished shooting for Gucci's new collection, also finished a 6-month photo session for 'MUS',an italian fashion magazine. The whole edition will be dedicated...(the model humbly lowers her eyes-author) to Natasha Poly. On the pages the readers will see objects which will be on display during an auction in Paris this October. Such as my portrait- a work of a famous american painter Belle Sullivan, a t-shirt with my image from Givanchi, my photo in life size was divided into fragments and printed onto an exclusive range of dishes... We're hoping to raise a lot of money. I promise to give the money to a children's home in perm.

-By the way, if you're rarely home, what are your impressions of your home town?
-I think, every time i get surprised by how much perm changes- more buildings, more places for entertainment.

-Natasha, at home everyone must ask you about the famous people you've met
- I recently met Kylie Minogue. My hairdresser, who also styles Kylie's hair told me a lot about her and then i met her in person at a party organized by Dolce and Gabbana. She was without a hint of being a diva, we talked and danced a lot.

-Please confirm or deny rumours about rivalry in the world of fashion, you know when one model change the shoes of another by two sizes too small...
-I won't deny, there were moments of rivalry, but only in the beginning of my career. Nowadays, us russian models support each other. My closest girlfriends in america- Eugenia Volodina, Sasha Pivovarova, Vlada Roslyakova. In our free time we got to the cinemas and cafes together. Recently, it was Vlada's birthday and we celebrated it in a karaoke-bar in Paris.

-How was the fashion industry affected by the financial crisis? Did your earning decrease? Did work become scarce?
- A lot of famous brands went bankrupt , for example Jean Franco Ferre and many more young designers. Some magazines stopped being published which also meant that there's less work for us models. Dolce and Gabbana, reduced the prices on clothes by up to 30%. They do mention though that most of their clothes are sold in Russia. However myself and my agent have decided not to reduce the asked price for my work, and luckily so far there's work.

-Is there any diva behaviour among models?
- Oh yes yes! But please understand correctly i won't be naming names. it's not pleasant to witness such behaviour. During shoots there's a massive group of people that are working together: photographers, stylists, designers, makeup artists...I respect the work that these people do and if I were to be demanding that would be a foolish mistake.

-Is there a chance for the male population to win the heart of the famous model or is her heart taken?
-Taken...he lives in Europe, but there's no talk of a wedding yet. despite the fact I live in America we manage to see each other once a week.

-When and where can Russians expect to see you next?
-We've already finished shooting the December edition of Russian Vogue, and I will be on the cover.

-how do you look after yourself?
-Make time to take care of yourself, dress with style, look after your figure-answers Natasha Poly- Know your price and be confident in yourself. Ask yourself often 'What do I need?' and try to at least sometimes do things for yourself. find time to have a massage and have spa procedures, put a mask on, this type of thing really boosts your mood and self-esteem. Of course, when you can go to to the beach as often as you can.

Last edited by MulletProof; 12-10-2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: merged posts.

11-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlipz View Post
ok, since i've got nothing else to do, i'll translate the entire interview. gimme 10-15 minutes.

Thank U very much, I'll wait, and I hope that she ges the VR cover and no canceled!!

11-10-2009
tfs star

aww well thats very sweet of her that shes aiming to donate all the money raised from that auction to a children's home!! i'm sure natasha will never get too full of herself

11-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teja View Post
What? I translated with Babel fish and this is what it came out:

EDIT: But google translation makes more sense (since the question was: when and where can we see you?; so why would she say she was canceled?). We need Sweet rus to help us out.
who is calling for me? I am here.:p But I saw the translation is made? not fully atm tho...
don't be nervous, Natasha wasn't canceled, she was shot for the cover

thanx for all the pix, for all the snaps and videos and translation, big thanx ti everyone

11-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
However myself and my agent have decided not to reduce the asked price for my work, and luckily so far there's work
Wow, she's such a top model, we as fans should be proud of that, cuz she's everywhere!!

11-10-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
who is calling for me? I am here.:p But I saw the translation is made? not fully atm tho...
don't be nervous, Natasha wasn't canceled, she was shot for the cover
We all calling for you!! Sweet Rus... so we are gonna see Natasha for Vogue Russia cover

11-10-2009
front row

Done! sorry about some delays guys, kept losing the connection, hope you guys like, can't wait t see on dec VOGUE!!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, 2010, march, natasha, october, poly