Nicole Trunfio (September 2003 - January 2010) - Page 43 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-11-2005
trendsetter

RAPHAEL LOPEZ Fall 2004

08-11-2005
trendsetter

GEORGE GROSS Spring 2004

08-11-2005
trendsetter

DOLCE AND GABBANA Fall 2005

08-11-2005
trendsetter

MARCEL MARONGIU Fall 2005

08-11-2005
trendsetter

Bare by Rebecca Davis spring 2004/5

08-11-2005
trendsetter

08-11-2005
trendsetter

08-11-2005
V.I.P.

goodness - I really thought it would never end!!!

thanks again dessi_6 for that impressive piece of work!

09-11-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by marqueemoon
Wow, her mom's at least three inches taller than her.
you can see in the previous post on the show that her mum is actually shorter than her, she must have been standing on a step. i actually remember that scene, and it was funny cos her mum when it was announced flung out her arms and wacked nicole, you can actually see it in the screen caps, id forgotten until i saw that picture....its the one after "nicoles dad"

Last edited by petal80; 09-11-2005 at 01:57 AM.

09-11-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by acester
MODEL CITIZEN
One Minute Nicole Trunfio was just another Perth schoolgirl, albeit a particularly tall and gorgeous one. The next? A supermodel

The other night I had a big shock. I was sitting with my friend [actor] John Stamos, and this guy came up to us and said, "Hey Nicole. I saw you in the Baby Phat show. I just wanted to say you're one of my favourite models and it is such a pleasure to meet you". All his friends were excited because John Stamos was there but he was, like, "Oh my God, Nicole is here!" It was so strange, I don't think of myself as famous at all.

I grew up in a small farming town called Merredin, three hours inland from Perth. It's now the centre of the wheat belt, the middle of nowhere. When I was in grade four we moved to the coast, near Bunbury.
I was "discovered" the first time I went to the city with one of my best friends. We were shopping and this lady was following me. I went to walk out of a store and she wipped out a silver box with cards in it and said: "Hi, I'm Christine Fox from Vivien's Model Management. I want you to enter this modelling contest."

Two night before the contest I was playing netball in the grand final. I twisted my ankle and fainted and was taken to hospital. My year 10 school formal was the next night, so I ended up having to wear thongs with my ball gown. At least it meant my boyfriend was the same height as me! We went out that night to a friends house and stayed up late. In the morning my dad said, These people have been calling me all day. They want you to come to this modelling competition." I was so tired; I still had my make-up on from the night before. He called them back and told them I wasn't coming, but they kept insisting. A two and a half hour drive later, I was at my sisters house in perth taking off my party face to go to this contest. The excitement overcame the tiredness and sore ankle. I got through one round, and then the next one and the next one. It was a two day competition.
I remember being backstage bare foot with a black strapless dress on. Christine Fox winked at me and I got great energy from her. I walked on the runway and did my thing and they were calling out the two runners up, then everything went blank. I could see my Dad in the audience jumping up and down. Then they called out my name. I'd won!!!!
I got a contract from Viviens and they convinced me to enter Search for a supermodel. I entered thinking I would have no chance, but I won. Then I went to the US for the FORD Supermodel of the world competition with my mum and , of contestants from 54 countries, I came third and won a huge contract with Ford - even harder to believe. Back in Australia, I remember sitting in my house with a suitcase packed for New York and a suitcase packed for Sydeny. Ford was saying:"Come to New York!" My agency in Sydeny was saying: Come to Sydney! You need to get your book together. You need to learn about the industry before you go overseas." And I was sitting there on the phone all day without a clue what to do. So I left School and moved to Sydney.

I loved school; I had great teachers. Everyone there was really supportive of me but in the end there wasn't enough time to model and keep up my studies. My career was progressing very quickly so, with the help of my principal and parents, I decided to leave. It was an extremely hard desicion. I still miss it and in my spare time I educate myself by reading, writing, painting and going to classes in New York. I believe that school is very important; it's the beggining of the rest of your life, the thing that gives you support and helps you build a strong positive future. You don't realise that until you've left.

I ended up going to Sydney for six months and then came to New York. I was here for two weeks before I left Ford. I moved to an agency called Women. I knew they were right from the moment I met them - I'm a strong believer in good energy and vibes. They gave me a great contract, got me an apartment and really took care of me.
When I went to Milan, that's when things went crazy. Tom Ford booked me for Gucci and as soon as he did everyone else booked me, too. Tom makes a girl. He really made my career. But not as much as Karl Lagerfeld did.
I was running late for my fitting for Fendi and there were two people behind me and they yelled out, "Maria Carla! Maria Carla!"(She's a famous Italian model and she does all the shows). I turned around and said, I'm not Maria Carla, I'm Nicole." I shook their hands. Because I said "I'm Nicole" I was expending them to respond with "I'm.."They didn't, which was strange. So I said , "Whats your name?" to the guy. And he looked a bit shocked. I felt like I'd offended someone and said, "I'm sorry I'm from Australia. It's my first season and I don't know anybody. I'm late for my Fendi fitting. I've gotta run. I'm so sorry. It's lovely to meet you.

My driver was running behind me and said, "Do you know who that was?" Who? He said, "That's Karl Lagerfeld! That's the designer for Fendi!" I nearly died. I had hair and make-up from another show, and the girls said I had to go get changed, take my make-up off, get into a different outfit."And maybe he won't remember you, and maybe you'll be OK". I called my friend on the way there and she told me he doesn't just do Fendi, he does Chanel and Lagerfeld gallery. He's one of the biggest designers in the world!
I was the last one at the Fendi fitting and Karl didn't say a word to me. It was "fit to confirm" so i wasn't sure if I had got the show yet; I was waiting in the atelier until six in the morning. The Fendi show was at eight o'clock. I got half an hours sleep. And I had a Roberto Cavalli show that day and other really important shows, too. Karl didn't say anything to me at the show, although he was very polite.
When I got to Paris I walked into the fittings for Lagerfeld Gallery and he said, "Nicole from Australia, right?" Oh no, he remembers me!He said, " I want to shoot you for Vogue Australia. You didn't know who I was, that's so sweet!" My agency called me up and said, "What's happening there? He just put you on hold for his Lagerfeld campaign."
Karl's been really nice. I really respect him. He can do three labels: Lagerfeld Gallery, Fendi and Chanel. And now he's doing [mass market fashion chain] H&M, which is another extreme. He's just incredible. A designer, a photographer, a writer .... the list does on. What next? A director?
After that show everything seemed to happen at once. My next big job was the Dolce & Gabbana campaign. I shot with Patrick Demarchelier in St Barts, which was absolutely incredible. And with Richard Avedon. I worked alot with Peter Lindbergh; he's an amazing photographer. The Italian Vogue story was the first time I shot with him. The next day, I was meant to fly to Australia and my angency told me, " No your not flying to Australia, you're shooting again." Two weeks in Australia turned into jsut four days, and that was taken up by Mercedes Australian Fashion week. After that, I did another story with Peter for Italian vogue, and I just recently shot a DKNY campaign in New York. Peter's just so easy to get along with. He's so down to earth, funny and not pretentious, which is what I love.
When it comes to fashion stuff I can choose the events that I want to go to. There are so many after-parties and so many things, but I'm not into it at all. I think I've passed my pary stage already and I'm so young. I don't want to party anymore! It's strange saying that because I used to love it.
Now I'm going to museums, watching movies. [Model] Jesse Gomes is here. Gemma Ward is here. [Melbourne Stylist] Michael Angel is here. We hang out every day. We call ourselves the Awesome Foursome. we're always together, we're always laughing, never a dull moment. All the Aussie's stick together in New York and I thought when am I going to find my find my aussies? And now I've found them. We're so tight. It's like we're family.

After my first year in New York, I flew back to Australia three times. But the next year I only went back for four days. I flew my whole family from Western Australia when I was doing fashion week and it was really stressful. I only had dinner with them one night; that was the one time I saw them. I changed my plane ticket so I could have breakfast with them, one hour before I left. It was really hard leaving them. I tried to get back to Australia a couple of weeks ago, even for a couple of days. I just miss my mum and dad so much.
If I was still in Western Australia and I wasn't modelling I would be relaxed. I would know where I my money is; it would be in the bank. And I would know exactly how much I had in there. I would probably have a boyfriend. I would probably be planning to get married and have kids. And you know what? I wouldn't mind giving all this up for that. Because I love the way my parents live. They've been together 23 years. They are strong and have done a great job raising me, my brother and sister. That's incredible to me. If I didn't have this model life, I wouldn't mind at all.
just reading thourgh this thread again..i think i miised this page that this article was on....lol..it's a great piece
this girl really is incredible....so down to earth..i've loved her since i first saw her on the Ford SSS

11-11-2005
trendsetter

i hope these havent been posted, im not familiar with this thread!
anyway, i found these amoungst the Yves Saint Laurent collection on BergdorfGoodman.com (theres more pics on the site)

(please correct me if im wrong, but it is nicole....right? )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BG-0JSR_mp.jpg (22.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg BG-0JSP_mp.jpg (26.8 KB, 11 views)

11-11-2005
trendsetter

beautiful
Vogue australia

she is beautiful!!!

11-11-2005
front row

Does anyone know why she left Ford? I thought ford were supposed to be good... and she did win a contract with them?

14-11-2005
trendsetter

in Neiman Marcus

source: neiman marcus

14-11-2005
trendsetter

same source

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2010, january, nicole, september, trunfio