How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / Femmes
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-12-2005
fashion elite

^ right on ClaudiaM
and welcome to tFS

07-12-2005
User Friendly

I think if Nicole lacks anything its quirk.. she is in my opinion textbook model.. great bone structure.. tall (agencies don't have to lie about her height).. thin and expressive. I just think sometimes she lacks something.. something that kept her from reaching Gemma's heights... although she did herself have a very very succesful runway career.. she hasn't done that many actual high fashion ad campaigns.. off the of my head I can only think of D&G. I know she did Eli Tahari and Sisley... and she was on hold for the Lagerfeld Gallery a couple of seasons back. And her only Vogue covers have been Australian vogue.

Its great she is doing tons of catalogue work though, I hear they pay very very well. I can't go on any website (neimens, bergdorf, etc) w/o seeing Nicole

07-12-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaudiaM
You bet TaTa,

How in the world can that person be so completely blind (or green with envy) to have said such laughable falsehoods---This girl is gorgeous, maybe the best therre is, her fine, warm, jolly personality exudes from the page upon which her foto resides. Smoking? Yes she does, Dunhill International Menthols and lots of them.

As to two other writers who enquired as to why they haven't seen her in many big shows lately, the word I get is that she is utterly worn out with the runway scene, the stress, the bad influences, the mean bosses and all of the rest. Her image is flooding the photographic advertizing pages, Niemans, bergdorf, Bloomingdales, Haerrods, Rinascente, Galerie Lafayette and so on--check out vogue russia and germany, look at the Italian slick books, tons of great Nicoles all over the place.. I hear that this is work she much prefers--
Last word. "Wannabe"? This girl is a "AlwaysWas" from day one in Perth, Australia--

Love,

Claudia
Thank you ClaudiaM for this well written piece on Nicole T !!!

I often feel Nicole is very misunderstood - but your article seems to have expained her situation. I have always noticed that she appears more relaxed in her editorials (other models seem to be able to relax more on the catwalk). IMHO I think Nicole has nothing to worry about - I see her being in big demand for at least the next 10 years!

Love

Blingbling

07-12-2005
trendsetter

by the way there is an article in the latest australian vogue about Nicole and her adventures in Paris. Was going to post some pics but left the mag at work.
So will try to do it tomorrow

And its a pity she seems to get such a bad rap on here. Cant see where it comes from but hey people build up strange prejudices on TFS with no real factual backup.

07-12-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbguy
by the way there is an article in the latest australian vogue about Nicole and her adventures in Paris. Was going to post some pics but left the mag at work.
So will try to do it tomorrow

And its a pity she seems to get such a bad rap on here. Cant see where it comes from but hey people build up strange prejudices on TFS with no real factual backup.
I agree melbguy - it's a shame how some tFS members have to be so negative prejudiced and bitchy! Instead of picking faults - we should be encouraging and praising the models!

07-12-2005
windowshopping

she's actually so beautiful... and im sure you right she's probably taking it easy for a while. i saw some editorials of her in the latest Surface magazine. i think she was dressed by Roberto Cavalli. check it out. she looks great- they've bleached her eyebrows and put hair extentions.nice pics-would post them but did'nt purchase the mag.

07-12-2005
windowshopping

ClaudiaM
Hi GirlySA--
Thanks for your nice note---look --I have searched up and down for that issue of SURFACE you describe, without any success. If any of you guys have them or can find them, would you mind sooohhh terribly much posting them here??

Thanks a million,

Claudia

09-12-2005
windowshopping

ClaudiaM
Hi all,

I saw this girl with Nicole last year at several events. They were arm in arm and seemed to be very good buddies. Now I see her in ads everywhere and I just can not place her. Anybody out there able to tell me who she is?

Thanks a lot,

Claudia
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BG-0BE9_mf.jpg (11.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg BGB5184_mp.jpg (32.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg BG-0BRJ_mp.jpg (35.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg NMB5593_mp.jpg (33.3 KB, 11 views)

09-12-2005
V.I.P.

^I'm pretty sure its Michelle Buswell

Does anyone have the scans from the Jan 06 Aus Vogue? She looks really pretty in the full page shot

10-12-2005
windowshopping

ClaudiaM
I am sure you are right---thanks a million.

Claudia

10-12-2005
windowshopping

its definitly Michelle Buswell! she's in almost all the of the shows Nicole is in!

10-12-2005
windowshopping

ClaudiaM
yupp...it's Michelle for sure..thanks you all..this girl has incredible hair I think.

Thanks again,

Claudia

14-12-2005
V.I.P.

Nicole didn't do too many shows last season - I do hope we haven't seen the last of her on the catwalk!

15-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by blingbling
Nicole didn't do too many shows last season - I do hope we haven't seen the last of her on the catwalk!
Me, too. She can look so striking and regal on the runway. Cases in point from getty attached: (two runway stills of her at either 2004 or 2003 Elie Saab). Gorgeous!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gorgeous nicole.jpg (19.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg nic2.jpg (31.8 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by galviggo; 15-12-2005 at 03:04 PM.

15-12-2005
backstage pass

Absolutely gorgeous at Carlos Miele F05 runway and backstage hair & makeup.

photo credit: getty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg niccm05bkstg.jpg (28.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg niccm05bkstg2.jpg (18.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg niccm05bkstg3.jpg (23.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg nicolecarlosmielef053.jpg (24.1 KB, 6 views)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2010, january, nicole, september, trunfio